+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1/11 Teen Mom Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

1/11 Teen Mom Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

It's another season of Teen Mom! Use this thread to discuss tonight's show.
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: 1/11 Teen Mom Premiere Discussion *Spoilers*

Well, the babies are cute, especially that little Jase. Jenelle doesn't deserve him.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I have to agree hep! Especially since she's already made the mugshot wall of shame!

FORT Fanatic

Wow, Janelle is insane.
    I feel bad for the mother but Janelle is who she is because of her. She raised her to be that way. Look at how she allows her to go out after putting the baby to bed and then have zero responsibility for the child in the AM. It seems she just let Janelle do whatever she wanted to. Pretty clear cut as to why she is the way she is.

I wish the earlier commercials didn't show Corey & Leah getting married. I would have liked not to know that in advance! I'm glad they get back together, & I am also glad that he didn't take her back quickly though. It's good that he's being cautious after how bad she did him in the past.

I can't stand Jenelle. She is selfish & hasn't appeared to have made even one little sacrifice for the sake of her child, including sleep! She seems to think giving him a bath & putting him to bed before she goes out to party makes her a good mom Jace is a cutie pie though! I hate that Jenelle & her mom fight in front of him.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

With the awful exception of Jenelle, so far, the teen moms this time around seem to be a little more focused on making better lives for themselves and their kids. Perhaps that's because most of them have at least one adult firmly in their corner, helping them along. For the most part, they seem to be trying to finish school, work etc. I really respect the baby daddy's mother who won't turn her back on the mother of her grandson, even if her son is being a big jerk about the situation. I also like the dad who's being so supportive of his daughter, reassuring her that it may take some time, but one day she'll find a guy who is ready to love her and her child. Loved that he told her she was definitely not alone too.

I do feel sorry for Jace, who seems like a surprisingly good baby, considering the chaos in his life. You'd expect him to be fussy in response to all the tension in the household that he can certainly feel even if he can't understand it. It drives me nuts that Jenelle keeps saying she's a teenager and a mom, as if the mom part is secondary to the teenager part, and I really wanted to shake her when she told her mother she makes sure she sees her son every day. Sees him every day? Shouldn't that go without saying? How many actually good moms would even bother to say they see their kids every day (assuming there weren't other extreme issues that made that an accomplishment, like some kind of chronic illness)? I thought it was also quite telling that she simply walked away with her friends after the blowout with her mom. She didn't even try to take Jace with her. If someone tried to tell me they were looking for a legal way to keep my dog from me, I'd not be leaving until he left with me, and she leaves her baby behind?

Wow, there are no words for Jenelle. I don't like her mom, not one bit, but I can't really argue with what she's doing, but it's a little like she set Jenelle up. Lets her go out and party without a word of what she's thinking of doing, enables it by being there and doing things in the morning so Jenelle feels like the are both on the same page, and then BAM! Jhace is in a bad spot either way.

I liked Kailyn's baby's grandmother. I appreciated how early in the episode when Jo were fighting, she asked to hold the baby. Just the way she did it made it obvious what she was doing but she did it in such a kind and understanding way, didn't chastise them for fighting, and just gently removed the baby from the negativity.

If Leah and Corey have another dinner like that, they're going to make ME cry. Holy tearjerker. What a good man though.

I was most surprised though at Chelsea's dad enabling her to move in with a friend. I guess you have to know her and know the situation to know if it's a good idea, but I was not a fan. At the same time, it is the opposite to what Jenelle's mom is doing for her. Chelsea is being forced to deal with the entirety of caring for the child without the help of anyone whom she might take for granted. She has to find sitters, invite friends over instead of going out, etc. I hope she uses this opportunity wisely and only as a financial reprieve.
    _(Moo!)

FORT Fogey

Jenelle has obviously learned to deal with things in a very aggressive way. I do feel though that her mother has an agenda and wants the baby. I think this is a very toxic situation for Jace, and I feel neither of them should be raising the child when clearly they are both only thinking of what they want, and not what is best for him. The mother should not be inciting anger from her daughter by using her son to try and control her, but Jenelle should also be thinking more of her son. I think even moreso than Farrah and her mother, these two need an immediate intervention, and Jace needs to be removed until the situation is fixed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;4146892;
    I was most surprised though at Chelsea's dad enabling her to move in with a friend. I guess you have to know her and know the situation to know if it's a good idea, but I was not a fan. At the same time, it is the opposite to what Jenelle's mom is doing for her. Chelsea is being forced to deal with the entirety of caring for the child without the help of anyone whom she might take for granted. She has to find sitters, invite friends over instead of going out, etc. I hope she uses this opportunity wisely and only as a financial reprieve.
    I applaud this father for knowing that if you work with and not against your child that you will get more results. He is not giving her anything for free, he has the stipulation that if she goes to school, he will pay her rent. Hopefully they worked something out with the friend for babysitting for rent or some money and she is not getting a free ride. I think that he is the most supportive parent that we have seen on these shows. He clearly has a bond with his daughter, and he works through her bad choices, and does not keep the blame game up. He clearly knows that teens are going to make bad decisions, and sometimes parents need to help with the ramifications without all the blaming and backtracking. On a side note, anyone else think her friend looks like Melissa Rycroft at a younger age?

i'm not liking chelsea too much either . . . . her dad is a great support, but i think she is taking advantage of him. i think he's giving her too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4146748;
    With the awful exception of Jenelle, so far, the teen moms this time around seem to be a little more focused on making better lives for themselves and their kids. Perhaps that's because most of them have at least one adult firmly in their corner, helping them along. For the most part, they seem to be trying to finish school, work etc. I really respect the baby daddy's mother who won't turn her back on the mother of her grandson, even if her son is being a big jerk about the situation. I also like the dad who's being so supportive of his daughter, reassuring her that it may take some time, but one day she'll find a guy who is ready to love her and her child. Loved that he told her she was definitely not alone too.

I do feel sorry for Jace, who seems like a surprisingly good baby, considering the chaos in his life. You'd expect him to be fussy in response to all the tension in the household that he can certainly feel even if he can't understand it. It drives me nuts that Jenelle keeps saying she's a teenager and a mom, as if the mom part is secondary to the teenager part, and I really wanted to shake her when she told her mother she makes sure she sees her son every day. Sees him every day? Shouldn't that go without saying? How many actually good moms would even bother to say they see their kids every day (assuming there weren't other extreme issues that made that an accomplishment, like some kind of chronic illness)? I thought it was also quite telling that she simply walked away with her friends after the blowout with her mom. She didn't even try to take Jace with her. If someone tried to tell me they were looking for a legal way to keep my dog from me, I'd not be leaving until he left with me, and she leaves her baby behind?

+ Reply to Thread