+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kailyn

Re: Kailyn

JMO after he current episode regarding Kailyn:

1. Joe's parents didn't have to take her in. They should be applauded for being so willing to help out. if not for them Kailyn would be living where? Certainly she doesn't have the ability to support herself and a child.

2. Once Kailyn and Jo called it quits Jo's Mother told her she could say as long as she didn't start dating other boys or bringing them around. I find this understandable, as it would be weird, uncomfortable and disrespectful toward Jo's parents. Kailyn agreed and promised to follow this one rule even though she'd been dating behind Jo's back for several weeks when the rule was made. She lied to Jo's mother. Straight out. Not good. Not responsible. Knowingly taking advantage of a situation by lying.

3. Had Kailyn done the proper research in timely manner so that she would qualify for pell grants, scholarships and college financial aid for single mothers (instead of waiting until a week before the start of class to find out how much she would have to pay) she wouldn't have had to ask Jo for six hundred dollars. Therefore, she wouldn't be in debt to him or beholden to anyone. Now, what if Jo, like Kailyn's mother had said no to the loan? Where would Kailyn be? Not in school.

4. When Kailyn is able to live on her own, under her own roof, without having to crash at different people's homes then she can date all she wants. But, she made promises to those willing to help her and she broke those promises.

5. Her choice to see a boy at the risk of losing a roof over her head shows she cares more about having a boyfriend than she does about making sure her child has a roof over his head.

6. Life is tough and we can't always have our cake and eat it too, especially when our situation is in flux and so uncertain. Especially when you have a child depending on you for everything.

7. No one is saying single mothers shouldn't date, but if they are teenagers who don't have any solid living situation they must put off the whole boyfriend thing for awhile so they can figure out the most important thing: getting their lives and the life of their child in order so that they are primarily relying upon themselves for the basic necessities of life.

8. Kailyn needs to sit down and research extensively how to create two plans, one short term and one long term, which addresses how she can realistically attain goals that allow her and Issac to live as independently as possible so that she isn't relying on everyone else. Concrete plans with concrete results. That means laying off boys for awhile and dedicating herself fully to improving herself and her lot in life. Because right now, there isn't any stability or much thinking beyond the moment.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

I agree with many of your points RedSox Girl. I actually supported Joe's parents all the way until the last couple of episodes. I think they are in denial about Joe. Something's really off with him and they refuse to deal with it. I hope they have by now. I think they are good people, but that they dropped the ball at the end with Joe.

I saw the magazine some of the theads on the show have mentioned about Kailyn today.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    They have a photo of her and Jordan and say that they are intending to marry.
    I really hope she gets some counseling too before jumping into that.

Even though I think Joe was a horrible person to attempt co-parenting with, Kailyn was always jumping into arguements too. She acted as if she was perfectly justified into jumping into an argument if Joe pushed her buttons, as if she had no choice. That's a terrible habit to have because there will always be people doing that such as bosses, husbands, in-laws, etc. If you deal with issues by doing that you will always be overrun with conflict. You can't run away forever.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I saw the magazine some of the theads on the show have mentioned about Kailyn today.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    They have a photo of her and Jordan and say that they are intending to marry.
    I really hope she gets some counseling too before jumping into that.
    I saw that also. I think it is way to fast for her right now. She has so much else on her plate already that throwing that into the mix doesn't seem like the best idea at the moment. Plus, it really hasn't been that long between the first episode with him and now. Definitely not long enough for this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    W[B]hen youre 17/18 and you are working part time and you have to live in the basement of your babies fathers parents house, I think you should be focusing on getting a better situation rather then dating. [/B]Like I said above, if she feels like their rules are mean, move out. Her situation sucks and I do feel bad for her but if you thought you were old enough to have a child, you need to act old enough to handle what having that child means. The girl can not take care of herself. Personally I dont think its presumptuous to say that taking care of her child and bettering their lives should come before dating a new guy.
    Based on her circumstances, Kailyn is in no position to be in a relationship. I feel that she needed to get out from his parents home, but to be forced to have because she is in a relationship, is quite immature...and I've always thought of her as a mature teen. She has too many things going on in her life to be bothered with a new guy,

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    JMO after he current episode regarding Kailyn:

1. Joe's parents didn't have to take her in. They should be applauded for being so willing to help out. if not for them Kailyn would be living where? Certainly she doesn't have the ability to support herself and a child.

2. Once Kailyn and Jo called it quits Jo's Mother told her she could say as long as she didn't start dating other boys or bringing them around. I find this understandable, as it would be weird, uncomfortable and disrespectful toward Jo's parents. Kailyn agreed and promised to follow this one rule even though she'd been dating behind Jo's back for several weeks when the rule was made. She lied to Jo's mother. Straight out. Not good. Not responsible. Knowingly taking advantage of a situation by lying.

3. Had Kailyn done the proper research in timely manner so that she would qualify for pell grants, scholarships and college financial aid for single mothers (instead of waiting until a week before the start of class to find out how much she would have to pay) she wouldn't have had to ask Jo for six hundred dollars. Therefore, she wouldn't be in debt to him or beholden to anyone. Now, what if Jo, like Kailyn's mother had said no to the loan? Where would Kailyn be? Not in school.

4. When Kailyn is able to live on her own, under her own roof, without having to crash at different people's homes then she can date all she wants. But, she made promises to those willing to help her and she broke those promises.

5. Her choice to see a boy at the risk of losing a roof over her head shows she cares more about having a boyfriend than she does about making sure her child has a roof over his head.

6. Life is tough and we can't always have our cake and eat it too, especially when our situation is in flux and so uncertain. Especially when you have a child depending on you for everything.

7. No one is saying single mothers shouldn't date, but if they are teenagers who don't have any solid living situation they must put off the whole boyfriend thing for awhile so they can figure out the most important thing: getting their lives and the life of their child in order so that they are primarily relying upon themselves for the basic necessities of life.

8. Kailyn needs to sit down and research extensively how to create two plans, one short term and one long term, which addresses how she can realistically attain goals that allow her and Issac to live as independently as possible so that she isn't relying on everyone else. Concrete plans with concrete results. That means laying off boys for awhile and dedicating herself fully to improving herself and her lot in life. Because right now, there isn't any stability or much thinking beyond the moment.
    i could not have said it better!! Totally agree with you!!! : yay:

FORT Regular

Even so, Jo is cruel and vicious and if that is how terrible he acts when the cameras are rolling, I hate to think how abusive he is when the cameras and his parents are not around. I can understand why Kailyn was seeking other male companionship in that situation (even though I agree that staying single would have made things smoother). Even Jo's parents rarely took Kailyn's side and were OVERLY controlling of her choices while living in their house. I can't believe how much they allowed their son to be verbally abusive to Kailyn and that they were so completely blind to WHY she didn't want to work on the relationship with Jo. The parents were enabling idiots to Jo's abusive relationship. And why they allowed Jo to hold Kailyn's stuff until she paid the $600 was thug-ish behavior from Jo and Jo's parents. Shame on them. Kailyn is not perfect, but to hold her stuff ransom over a lousy $600 (and by the looks of their home, it isn't as if they are hurting for money) was psychological abuse plain and simple. It was just another way for Jo to control Kailyn and for Jo's parents to "punish" Kailyn for not behaving the way they want.

Kailyn is extremely hard working and kind in all of her dealings--and that family treated her like chattel.

I say good riddance to Jo and Jo's parents--the more Kailyn can create a polite, d i s t a n t, cooperative relationship with them that allows Isaac to be a part of their lives but that Kailyn has her own life the better.

FORT Regular

If Jo or Jo's parents cared even one TINY iota about the mother of their grandchild they would have

1) happily lent or gave her money to attend community college ... an educated mother is only a good thing
    2) given her all her stuff immediately back because there is no reason to mentally torture her (again, a calm and supported mother is best for the grandchild)

Jo and Jo's parents are controlling and abusive and it angers me that people don't see it and that no one in Kailyn's life seems to be pointing out that this goes beyond just petty fighting.

Annika,
    I totally agree with your posts- well said. Jo is abusive and controlling and his parents enable that, even though in other ways they seem like nice folks. The fact that they have stood by when Jo behaves like he does is horrible. Kailyn seems to be doing her best, I actually think she is doing the best of all the teen moms in comparison with the resources and support that she has. This kid Jordan seems sweet, supportive and harmless- I can understand her needing some support and don't begrudge her that.

FORT Newbie

Kailyn and Joe are a prime example of two people that I can't imagine getting along long enough to even have any form of sex, much less make a baby. From the time they first appeared in this series they have been constantly at one another's throats. There has never been the slightest sign of compassion or concern from either of them to the other. What gives? It's situations like these that make me wonder if this is as phony as Jerry Springer or Maury Povich.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 03-29-2011 at 09:31 PM.

IMO Kailyn is one of the most responsible one of these girls and she works her tail off to provide for her son 2 jobs and full time school and she gets a nasty note from her mom about the b/f and his cleaning issues with her room..I want to smack her mom soooooooooo bad...why is she picking a man over her child is she that desperate for a man
    AmyKay likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast