+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kailyn

FORT Regular

Re: Kailyn

I just think they overreacted a bit. It would have been different if Kailyn was neglecting her responsibilities to see her boyfriend, but she was managing to see him a few times on the side, while still going to school, working, and taking care of Isaac. She was doing much more than Jo and using very little time to see the new guy. I think we saw them together a total of about 3 times? It was wrong of her to not tell Jo where she was taking their son, but other than that they should have backed off. She is on par with Leah as a great responsible mother.

FORT Regular

I read today that Kailyn's baby daddy "Jo" was arrested for marijuana possession. I hope it is ok topost this link.

Which Teen Mom 2 Star Was Just Busted for Drugs? - E! Online

Not really surprised, especially since he's probably got some money from the show now.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I wonder why, if Kailyn is going to school, working part time and going to be on her own with Isaac, Jo won't be liable for child support? And she should be eligible for some child care assistance and medical. Also, if Jo has a decent job (which it seems he does) he should be able (required) to carry Isaac on his insurance. She should be able to make it on her own.

Or maybe she could make friends with Chelsea and move in there for free, and daycare should be available too, since no one else in that house seems to be doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by elinda3834 View Post
    I read today that Kailyn's baby daddy "Jo" was arrested for marijuana possession. I hope it is ok topost this link.

Which Teen Mom 2 Star Was Just Busted for Drugs? - E! Online
    This says he is telling Kailyn it never happened. That he was never arrested. How did they get his mugshot?

'Teen Mom' Rethinking Custody after Baby Dad's Arrest | TMZ.com

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I wonder why, if Kailyn is going to school, working part time and going to be on her own with Isaac, Jo won't be liable for child support? And she should be eligible for some child care assistance and medical. Also, if Jo has a decent job (which it seems he does) he should be able (required) to carry Isaac on his insurance. She should be able to make it on her own.

Or maybe she could make friends with Chelsea and move in there for free, and daycare should be available too, since no one else in that house seems to be doing anything.

Actually, while I wouldn't recommend anyone moving in with Chelsea, I was kind of wondering why Kailyn isn't considering the possibility of splitting rent with a roommate. It's something she could at least look into. Could be there's another single mother at her junior college who would be willing to split rent and some child care. Or someone who would be willing to contribute some rent and child care help in exchange for a bedroom in an apartment. It might not be ideal, but Kailyn may not be in a position to get exactly what she wants.

Yeah Tilden, she may need to look at renting a room, not an apt. She could rent a room for the price she wants to pay. Did you catch the way she turned her nose up at that apt. She mumbled something about it being too tight. Roomy apts are not cheap.

I bet there aren't many people who want to share an apt with a single mom and child, especially is you don't know them well. I shared a house with a roommate once who had a young child. I didn't think it would matter, because she was a great kid, but once you get in the situation, things change. The child would grind play dough into the carpet, scratch the walls, etc. It was a pain in the neck for a young single girl with no kids. It didn't last long.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I bet there aren't many people who want to share an apt with a single mom and child, especially is you don't know them well. I shared a house with a roommate once who had a young child. I didn't think it would matter, because she was a great kid, but once you get in the situation, things change. The child would grind play dough into the carpet, scratch the walls, etc. It was a pain in the neck for a young single girl with no kids. It didn't last long.
    I think she's probably a bit nervous, especially being on television. I'm a single girl and I am living by myself stretching my money because I didn't feel comfortable living with someone I didn't know. I'm sure she feels the same way, and even more so because she has a young child. Plus, she's somewhat of a celebrity, and you never know what kind of freaks are out there. She can't just have any random person living with her and Isaac, and she should definitely feel comfortable wherever she's living. No one should not want to go home.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    I think she's probably a bit nervous, especially being on television. I'm a single girl and I am living by myself stretching my money because I didn't feel comfortable living with someone I didn't know. I'm sure she feels the same way, and even more so because she has a young child. Plus, she's somewhat of a celebrity, and you never know what kind of freaks are out there. She can't just have any random person living with her and Isaac, and she should definitely feel comfortable wherever she's living. No one should not want to go home.

Of course, I wasn't suggesting some random person. She does appear to have some friends. Perhaps one of them would be interested in sharing an apartment. Or maybe there would be someone who'd be interested in having a student live with them for the extra cash and the company. When I did an internship in college, I lived with a couple and had an entire floor to myself--and really, I think the wife wanted someone with whom to do things (like play tennis) that her husband didn't enjoy. It's also possible that she might find someone who needed a housesitter, because they were going to be out of town for an extended period of time. For instance, I've known professors who've leased out their homes for a minimal fee while they're on sabbatical in return for a student taking care of the house, the yard, the sidewalks, perhaps a pet (if they have one) until they return. It would only be a temporary solution, but it would give her a chance to save up some money for a place of her own.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Actually, while I wouldn't recommend anyone moving in with Chelsea, I was kind of wondering why Kailyn isn't considering the possibility of splitting rent with a roommate. It's something she could at least look into. Could be there's another single mother at her junior college who would be willing to split rent and some child care. Or someone who would be willing to contribute some rent and child care help in exchange for a bedroom in an apartment. It might not be ideal, but Kailyn may not be in a position to get exactly what she wants.
    Hahah, sorry, that was just a nasty joke pointed at Chelsea.

But you're right, Kailyn could certainly look into a roommate situation elsewhere. I'm still not sure why she's not getting money from Jo...?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast