+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Jenelle

Re: Jenelle

I doubt anything will help set Jenelle straight, but I wonder if a long visit to a prison would help her. She needs to sit and listen to the many women in prison who are 20-60 years-old and are there because they were foolish enough to keep attaching to men who are criminals.

If you watch any of those shows about women in prison, you will see that most of them are there because of their boyfriend/husband doing drugs and them doing drugs. Then the stealing and violence attaches on as well and eventually someone is killed. And because they were there for the ride or helped the man cover up or escape, they are sentenced to prison for 20-life. Jenelle is headed that way.

Hanging with a criminal, will eventually make you one. Like it or not. The drugs, stealing, fighting, etc., is all a part of that lifestyle. Unless she has a total break from it, she's going to end up an old lady, still waiting on Keefer to make her happy. But he can't because they are both in prison.

In her recent mug shot, Jenelle doesn't look much younger than her own mom.

I would like to see Jenelle get a complete medical and mental exam. I really wonder if she has some mental disorder or personality disorder. I really do wonder about that. She should take Celebrity Rehab if its offered to her, only if they forbid Keefer from having any contact with her while she's there.
    Last edited by Debb70; 08-11-2011 at 05:33 PM.
    holly71 likes this.

Didn't she just finish a stint in rehab?

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Didn't she just finish a stint in rehab?
    OH, I don't know about that. I heard that Amber was in Rehab, but not Jenelle. I hope its true. They say it often takes many times in Rehab before it sinks in. It took my brother 2 times in Rehab. After the second time, he has done very well and only had one relapse for 1 day.

There are some people who are so highly addicted that a normal rehab stay is not enough. There are some programs that are 3 months to a year. You live there like in a dorm and adjust to real life while staying at the facility. You also mentor others coming in behind you. I can't imagine Jenelle would have the money or health insurance that would cover that kind of care though. IMO she needs it though. If she reached out to Dr. Drew, I think he would find a way to help her. Or, if told MTV she really needed it, I think they would help her get it to. Trouble is, most addicts resist treatment.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And they dwell in a lot of denial, which is connected to why they keep bouncing back. The good part is that they do go back.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hope Gary is proud of himself. He seems to have money to burn now days. I wonder if he sold this photo to impress Amber who is supposedly in rehab.
    It says that Gary was in Florida and spent $5000 on strippers in an 11 hour stripper binge. Please Gary. Does Leah have a college fund?
    Gary Shirley Dropped $5,000 on 11-HOUR Stripper Bender | TMZ.com

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    And they dwell in a lot of denial, which is connected to why they keep bouncing back. The good part is that they do go back.
    Hope you don't mean they "go back" to their addiction.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I hope Gary is proud of himself. He seems to have money to burn now days. I wonder if he sold this photo to impress Amber who is supposedly in rehab.
    It says that Gary was in Florida and spent $5000 on strippers in an 11 hour stripper binge. Please Gary. Does Leah have a college fund?
    Gary Shirley Dropped $5,000 on 11-HOUR Stripper Bender | TMZ.com
    I thought I read somewhere that a portion of the money Gary/Amber get from MTV has to be put in a fund for Leah. I don't recall if that's true of all the kids on the show or if it was part of Amber's probation agreement.

After last week's episode, I guess it's clear Gary is going out and partying. I still have a hard time believing a)that Gary has the ambition/energy to drag himself up and off a couch for long, even to party and b)that girls in bars would find him a catch, unless they're really, really drunk. Strippers, I understand--they're being paid to do a job and would want his tips. But just regular girls?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    Hope you don't mean they "go back" to their addiction.
    My actual words refer to "bouncing back" into rehab, due to relapse issues so, I guess I do mean that.

I think rehab takes "practice".....physical, emotional, and mental. Practice is how you get good at something, as far as I am concerned. Rehab is not usually an immediate, magic cure...in and of itself.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

It often takes several visits to rehab for it to stick. Often, the number of times a person goes back to rehab has to do with the reasons for their addiction in the first place. If they use drugs to cope with an emotionally distressing situation that is ongoing, and they don't learn adequate non-drug strategies to deal with it, either in rehab or elsewhere, they are more likely to relapse and end up back in rehab.

I think this is what is happening with Jenelle. Her issues with her mother, with men, with her self-confidence, all of that, are simply not getting resolved.

I feel so sorry for Jenelle's son. That baby is in a horrible situation. I know social services can be devastating. Taking a child from their own home will have life-long consequences. But I do wish child welfare will step in here and consider removing that baby from these people. All of them are nothing but a trainwreck.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

+ Reply to Thread