+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Jenelle

Re: Jenelle

When Jenelle was first starting school I recall her mom telling her on at least two occassions that she was proud of her her for doing it.

The only way Jenelle and Barbara are ever going to learn how to get along is to obtain long term professional counseling to learn the proper tools to deal with each other and Jace.

I used to think that Jenelle just needed that to get her back on track, but now I really think that Jenelle is criminally minded. I'm not sure that can be changed without serious, in-house, care, perhaps in a prison setting. It's unlikely she will get any jail time with her pending charges, however, if she continues, I think future charges are quite probable that could land her some actual time.

FORT Fogey

The best thing for Jenelle and Barbara is some distance. Jenelle needs to live with someone that she can be comfortable with that is not bad for her. I wish that she had a grandmother or sibling or friend that was a good influence on her. I do agree they need serious counseling, but Barbara has raised Jenelle and like it or not they both are at fault. My concern now is Jace. I really wish that little boy could get out of that mess, and into a more stable home while he is young. I fear for him the most at this point. Jenelle is an adult, and if she cannot tell right from wrong than it is her choice, but Jace is being shown so much wrong and he deserves to see some right.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    The best thing for Jenelle and Barbara is some distance. Jenelle needs to live with someone that she can be comfortable with that is not bad for her. I wish that she had a grandmother or sibling or friend that was a good influence on her. I do agree they need serious counseling, but Barbara has raised Jenelle and like it or not they both are at fault. My concern now is Jace. I really wish that little boy could get out of that mess, and into a more stable home while he is young. I fear for him the most at this point. Jenelle is an adult, and if she cannot tell right from wrong than it is her choice, but Jace is being shown so much wrong and he deserves to see some right.

What sane person would allow Jenelle to live with them? She is likely to steal from you or do drugs on your property and bring losers over. I can't see her following any rules or giving anyone consideration that she would live with. That's why I think prison may be the only place she would learn some discipline.

I think Jenelle is getting way too much credit. Picking out your child's outfit is not trying to be a mother--- not by a long shot. She does not even try to do any of the things that really matter about being a parent. Yes she got into college- and spent some of her financial aid money to bail her deadbeat boyfriend out of jail, and skips her classes. Yes she got a job, and then got fired because she seemed to think it was perfectly fine not to go to that job and take off to NJ with her boyfriend and stolen credit cards instead. Barbara has tried to encourage her for getting into school and a job and to not let the loser of the year Kieffer derail her- but to no avail. She uses her mother's criticism as an excuse, but I do not believe that is the sole reason for Jenelle's bad behavior. Jenelle is a supremely selfish and entitled girl who does not get it and does not seem to want to learn how to get it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What sane person would allow Jenelle to live with them? She is likely to steal from you or do drugs on your property and bring losers over. I can't see her following any rules or giving anyone consideration that she would live with. That's why I think prison may be the only place she would learn some discipline.
    Exactly. She needs to be completely on her own and realize that she either works her butt off to support herself like everyone else, or she's going to be homeless and hungry. Her mother needs to stop feeling bad and letting her back in the house or she will never learn anything.

FORT Fan

Remember too, that Jenelle has NEVER really tried to be a mother to Jace. She got insulted in 16 & pregnant because her own friends were teling her that she was a bad mother and needed to stay at home with him instead of going out every night. So it's not just Barbara who thinks that.

As for Barbara hovering and nit picking over small things-I think someone mentioned Jenelle not cleaning up after a spill- well, if Jenelle can't handle something small like that, why would her mom trust her with bigger things? Jenelle's first instinct when something spilled on the couch was to cover it up and hope her mom would never notice. What kind of responsible person would do that? My mother would have whupped my butt if I tried something like that at Jenelle's age.

I don't necessarily think Barbara has tried to raise Jenelle the wrong way just because she comes from a place of 'if it's so easy, why can't you do it?' I was raised in that exact same way, and I think it's a pretty good way. I mean, a child thives on routine, right? If you get the child doing the small, easy things correctly, it will be easier to do the big things. You can bet my parents nagged me about small things all the time-not leaving shoes in the middle of the floor, cleaning up spills right away, cleaning my room-until I got those things done. I sure appreciated it when i got to college and it drove me nuts when my roommates didn't know how to do dishes, left windows open while the air was on, things like that that I thought were common sense. They were not capable of taking care of themselves because their parents had never forced them to do the easy things.

And to expect an 18 year old adult to receive praise for doing one of those small things like cleaning up a spill? That's ridiculous. That's one of those common sense things. Jenelle should not be praised merely for entering college, she should be praised for going to class every day and making A's. She shouldn't be praised for getting a job, she should be praised for keeping it and contributing to her son's upkeep instead of spending it on pot and things for herself. And since we haven't seen her do anything worthy of praise, I don't think it's right to jump on Barbara for not giving it to her.

Pretlitdev, I agree. VEry good points.

Someone commented upthread about Barbara saying to Dr. Drew that Jenelle was not lovable. We all know why Barbara said that. It's the truth. Dr. Drew seemed offended she said that. Well, Dr. Phil says that "you can't change what you don't acknowledge." That's my take on it. To sugar coat Jenelle's actions and personality serves no purpose to anyone and rewards her bad behavior. The same goes for Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Pretlitdev, I agree. VEry good points.

Someone commented upthread about Barbara saying to Dr. Drew that Jenelle was not lovable. We all know why Barbara said that. It's the truth. Dr. Drew seemed offended she said that. Well, Dr. Phil says that "you can't change what you don't acknowledge." That's my take on it. To sugar coat Jenelle's actions and personality serves no purpose to anyone and rewards her bad behavior. The same goes for Joe.
    IDK if I could ever say I didn't love my children...now there are times when I can't stand the sight of them and get madder than fire at some of the choices they make and I DON'T LIKE THEM at times...but I do still love them even when I want to choke them..lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    IDK if I could ever say I didn't love my children...now there are times when I can't stand the sight of them and get madder than fire at some of the choices they make and I DON'T LIKE THEM at times...but I do still love them even when I want to choke them..lol
    See, that's what I think is the problem with Dr. Drew asking Barbara if he thought Jenelle was "lovable." When kids (or grownups) are acting up or out, they're not necessarily "lovable," and honestly, it's not an adjective I'd think of when thinking about Jenelle either. But that's not the same thing as Barbara saying she doesn't love her or doesn't think she's worthy of being loved. Just means she's incredibly frustrating and very difficult to love. To me, lovable, on the other hand, means incredibly easy to love. That Jenelle isn't.

Jenelle just got a sweet deal. Breaking and Entering, drug possession dropped, with plea on the drug paraphenelia charge and that will be dismissed next year if she will do her community service and stay clean for one year. There's only one problem. Jenelle will not be able to abide by the terms of that agreement, so I bet she ends up going back with problems. THat is my predicition. Good luck Jenelle. Don't blow it.

'Teen Mom' Pleads Guilty to Drug-Related Charge | TMZ.com

+ Reply to Thread