+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Jenelle

FORT Fanatic

Re: Jenelle

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't think Barbara would just stand by while that happened. Barbara seems to pick up all of Jenelle's slack.
    To me it's more like Barbara hovers over her waiting for any opportunity to point out Jenelle's faults in the most loud and insulting way possible. She'll be gleeful at yet another chance to feel superior.

I still think Jenelle would have stepped up and handled all her responsibilities if given the chance. Unfortunately she's stuck in the neverending spiral of stupid choices that isn't going to change until she either grows up and learns to separate her choices from her feelings, or finally realizes her mother is toxic and cuts her out of her life.

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff View Post
    To me it's more like Barbara hovers over her waiting for any opportunity to point out Jenelle's faults in the most loud and insulting way possible. She'll be gleeful at yet another chance to feel superior.

I still think Jenelle would have stepped up and handled all her responsibilities if given the chance. Unfortunately she's stuck in the neverending spiral of stupid choices that isn't going to change until she either grows up and learns to separate her choices from her feelings, or finally realizes her mother is toxic and cuts her out of her life.
    Jenelle has not shown at all that she would step up if given the chance because she has had a million chances. She's only interested in boys & having a good time, she reminds me of Casey Anderson the woman who may have murdered her child, she only wanted boyfriends & partying. Barbara is not the toxic one Jenelle is, who's supporting Jace, feeding him, getting him up in the morning, keeping a roof over his head?

well I read earlier that Jenelle's older sister who is pregnant with triplets is moving back into Barbara's I am thinking and hoing that this will give us some accurate impact on Barbar'a's relationship with her children is...I don't know if she acts the way she does just for jenelle or all her children..should be interesting
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I totally disagree- I think Barbara would be thrilled if Jenelle finally got her act together and she could just get to be a grandmother, and Jenelle HAS been given chance after chance after chance to step up- she blows it every time. Even more incomprehensible, Jenelle is deluded enough that she actually believes she is doing all she can. If not for Barbara, Jace's safety would be at serious risk, Jenelle would be homeless along with Jace, and Jace would have probably been taken into social services custody if left with his dangerous completely irresponsible selfish mother.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    I totally disagree- I think Barbara would be thrilled if Jenelle finally got her act together and she could just get to be a grandmother, and Jenelle HAS been given chance after chance after chance to step up- she blows it every time.
    I disagree. In several episodes of Teen Mom Jenelle is shown trying to be a mom only to have Barbara swoop in, snatch Jace, and then insult Jenelle on her efforts. There was that one scene where Jenelle had him all ready for bed and Barbara took him from Jenelle's arms and redressed him because she didn't like Jenelle's choice. That alone showed me Jenelle wasn't being given the chance to be a good mother without Barbara's negative feedback.

If Barbara can't even allow Jenelle to choose Jace's clothing (and that was before she had custody) where else has she interfered with Jenelle's chance to step up?

If I kept doing something and kept getting the same negative response, I'd stop doing it. I have yet to see Barbara support Jenelle without a backhanded comment. She gets a job, enrolls in college, and with her first paycheck brings Jace home a present - but it's the $3 she spent on herself that Barbara harped on. Jenelle can't win.

That doesn't mean I agree with her decision making, just that I understand why it's so difficult for her to make positive choices when she's criticised regardless of what she does.

I've seen several articles that claim Barbara's relationship with all three of her children is strained. Jenelle herself stated as such during the reunion show. It's one thing to have a bad relationship with one child, but to alienate all three speaks volumes.

FORT Regular

I disagree. In several episodes of Teen Mom Jenelle is shown trying to be a mom only to have Barbara swoop in, snatch Jace, and then insult Jenelle on her efforts. There was that one scene where Jenelle had him all ready for bed and Barbara took him from Jenelle's arms and redressed him because she didn't like Jenelle's choice. That alone showed me Jenelle wasn't being given the chance to be a good mother without Barbara's negative feedback.

If Barbara can't even allow Jenelle to choose Jace's clothing (and that was before she had custody) where else has she interfered with Jenelle's chance to step up?

If I kept doing something and kept getting the same negative response, I'd stop doing it. I have yet to see Barbara support Jenelle without a backhanded comment. She gets a job, enrolls in college, and with her first paycheck brings Jace home a present - but it's the $3 she spent on herself that Barbara harped on. Jenelle can't win.

That doesn't mean I agree with her decision making, just that I understand why it's so difficult for her to make positive choices when she's criticised regardless of what she does.

I've seen several articles that claim Barbara's relationship with all three of her children is strained. Jenelle herself stated as such during the reunion show. It's one thing to have a bad relationship with one child, but to alienate all three speaks volumes.
    I agree that Barbara gives Jenelle a hard time about things that aren't a big deal, like the 3 dollar skirt issue. We can't know whether she was this way before the pregnancy, but I suppose knowing how she interacts with her other children could say a lot about both Jenelle and Barbara. I agree that if I were in Jenelle's position I would be aggravated also, but it is her child and I don't think she should have given up that easy. I really and truly believe that if they both went to counseling and found a way to just talk instead of arguing they would be able to work together on raising Jace. I would be interested to know if she communicates the same way with all her children or if it is just Jenelle.

FORT Fan

I kinda disagree. While Barbara may have been unreasonable about letting Jenelle do things like pick out Jace's clothes, that is NOT trying to be a mother. Beyond things like making sure the baby has on warm clothes during cold weather and vice versa, clothing choice is largely unimportant. And Jenelle has shown herself completely incapable of doing the things that would actually make her a mother.

She stays out all night and isn't involved in her son's nighttime routine.
    She doesn't show up on days that SHE had agreed to babysit.
    She can't be bothered to get up to take care of her baby in the morning (and this was before Teen Mom...remember in 16 & Pregnant Barbara would have to come into Jenelle's room and get him because Jenelle wouldn't wake up)
    She smokes pot just feet away from the baby (and does god knows what else)
    She spends more time with her loser boyfriend than her own son
    She screams while holding Jace (and yes, Barbara does it too, but it's worth pointing out)
    She stays out for days on end
    She assaults her own mother in front of her son
    She can't handle money
    She steals
    She has multiple arrests

Jenelle's just interested in the 'fun' side of having a baby. She wants to take him to fireworks, and play with him, then hand him over to her mother when it's time to change a diaper, or sit up with him when he's crying. So since Barbara's doing all the work, no, I frankly don't begrudge her the chance to pick out the clothes jace wears. Until Jenelle grows up, starts doing the right things and is responsible enough to get custody back, Barbara has the right to veto ANY of Jenelle's opinions if she feels like it. And really, with Jenelle's history, I wouldn't put it past her to try hiding her drugs on Jace, so I'd be the only one picking out clothes too.

With other issues like the skirt, I think there are reasons why Barbara gets so worked up over what may not seem like a big deal. Jenelle may have gone shopping a couple days before. She may not have needed it, despite her claims (I know as a teenage girl....heck as a girl even now I NEVER think I have enough clothes) Barbara may have just recently tried to have a talk with her about managing money and contributing to things Jace NEEDS, like diapers, food, and daycare.

Same with the birthday gift. It was thoughtful....but not exactly appropriate for such a young baby and probably expensive. Jenelle would have done better to get him one or two smaller, cheaper toys and given the rest of the money to her mother to help pay for daycare.

I think those are the kind of things Barbara gets so frustrated about.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    I kinda disagree. While Barbara may have been unreasonable about letting Jenelle do things like pick out Jace's clothes, that is NOT trying to be a mother. Beyond things like making sure the baby has on warm clothes during cold weather and vice versa, clothing choice is largely unimportant. And Jenelle has shown herself completely incapable of doing the things that would actually make her a mother.

She can't be bothered to get up to take care of her baby in the morning (and this was before Teen Mom...remember in 16 & Pregnant Barbara would have to come into Jenelle's room and get him because Jenelle wouldn't wake up)
    She screams while holding Jace (and yes, Barbara does it too, but it's worth pointing out)
    She can't handle money
    She steals
    She has multiple arrests

Jenelle's just interested in the 'fun' side of having a baby. She wants to take him to fireworks, and play with him, then hand him over to her mother when it's time to change a diaper, or sit up with him when he's crying. So since Barbara's doing all the work, no, I frankly don't begrudge her the chance to pick out the clothes jace wears. Until Jenelle grows up, starts doing the right things and is responsible enough to get custody back, Barbara has the right to veto ANY of Jenelle's opinions if she feels like it. And really, with Jenelle's history, I wouldn't put it past her to try hiding her drugs on Jace, so I'd be the only one picking out clothes too.

With other issues like the skirt, I think there are reasons why Barbara gets so worked up over what may not seem like a big deal. Jenelle may have gone shopping a couple days before. She may not have needed it, despite her claims (I know as a teenage girl....heck as a girl even now I NEVER think I have enough clothes) Barbara may have just recently tried to have a talk with her about managing money and contributing to things Jace NEEDS, like diapers, food, and daycare.

Same with the birthday gift. It was thoughtful....but not exactly appropriate for such a young baby and probably expensive. Jenelle would have done better to get him one or two smaller, cheaper toys and given the rest of the money to her mother to help pay for daycare.

I won't argue over the b/d gift...yea it was a little too old for Jace but as least she did buy him something and made an effort...and all Barbara wanted to do was critize her for it...as far as the 3.00 skirt...BFD...not in any way taking up for Jenelle but there have been a few cases of her at least making an effort and all Barbara does is put her down for it....and that can destroy a person's self esteem..I would like to see both Jenelle and Barbara take anger management classes and parenting classes

I really and truly think we will get a much broader view of what type of mother Barbara is once the sister who is expecting triplets moves in..I want to see if she acts this way to all her children..that would tell me Barbara has a major problem but if she only acts that way around Jenelle then it tells me that the majority of the problem is with Jenelle
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Barbara is displaying the classic case of it is so easy why can't you do it? It is the wrong way to raise and have expectations for people, but a lot of parents do it. She picks on Jenelle for the easy things like spilling things, cleaning up, holding Jace because she feels like if she expects Jenelle to get good at them, than she will change. If she manages the easy stuff, the hard stuff will come. What happens though is the child or person gets frustrated, and feels like they cannot do anything so they do everything wrong. Reason is that Jenelle gets attention for doing something wrong so she does things wrong to get that attention, but it backfires and she does nothing right because it is habit to do the negative. It becomes so easy for them to get a reaction for bad things why do the hard work to do the right things?

We never ever hear Barbara complimenting Jenelle on the good things. Jenelle tried to go to school, got a job, and was seeing Jace. When she finally did step up Barbara started that negative cycle again. She chose to point out the flaws instead of the good even if they were small. Jenelle went back to the negative because it was getting a reaction any reaction. That is why she does not mind doing the bad stuff with Keifer because she is used to pleasing herself attention wise with bad actions. It is a form of mental abuse that she is getting.

I am not excusing her because we all have things that happen to us, and no parent is perfect, but I can understand it a little. Barbara needs to compliment her on the good she does even if it is one thing a day to start, and stop harping on her for the bad stuff even if it is a million things a day. I just bet the good things would come more if they were pointed out.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post

She can't handle money
    She steals
    She has multiple arrests

I agree with all that. I think that when Jace was first born an argument could have been made that Jenelle was trying and her mom was putting her down when she tried to help, but when the bad behavior started she clearly wasn't trying her hardest to be a mother. At first it may have been somewhat Barbara's fault for not letting her help as much, but Jenelle was the one who started making the bad decisions and there was nothing Barbara could do about that, nor did she have anything to do with them.

That being said, I was raised by my mother and grandmother living in my grandmothers house. My mom said it happened even before I can remember, but I recall times when my grandmother would come in and yell at my mom for not feeding me the right thing, or combing my hair properly, or other things that were done just fine, just not as perfect as she'd like them. It discouraged my mom from trying because she knew my grandmother would do it again anyways. I think it would benefit Jenelle (if she decided to try and act like a parent) for Barbara to give Jenelle some praise when she was taking care of Jace. I'm sure it's nerve wracking for all the teen moms to be taking care of a baby for the first time, because basically all first time parents get nervous; they're just doing it at a younger age.

+ Reply to Thread