+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Chelsea

FORT Fogey

Re: Chelsea

I am so beyond tired of people telling Chelsea to follow her head, not her heart, because she's never, ever going to do that until she has to pay real consequences for doing so. She isn't bright enough, apparently, to catch on to the fact that her beloved baby daddy only seems to show up when the cameras are running and when there's something in it for him. The way she cutesy-flirts with that loser makes me what to gag.

Her dad needs to step in and tell her that Adam may NOT live in the house he's paying rent on--he pays the rent, he makes the roommate rules. And he's got to stop handing out the cash NOW. I realize he's concerned about his granddaughter and daughter, so fine--he can offer groceries (but NOT the cash for them), pay the utilities (but NOT provide the cash for them) etc. But he doesn't have to keep treating her and her friends to Lady Gaga concerts and stays in hotels--and he really shouldn't. Chelsea is incredibly spoiled, and he does her no good at all by continuing to allow her to behave any way she wants and still supporting her. Somehow, I think Adam would have far less appeal if she had to give up everything else to have him, and I further think Adam would find Chelsea less appealing if she didn't come with a house, free groceries, camera time etc.

I also agree that she could use some therapy. She keeps saying that Aubrey is happier when she has both her parents. I wonder if Chelsea is somehow trying to recreate the family she had before her parents divorced. She doesn't seem to understand that while her parents, though they spoil her, seem to be rational adults, Adam is just a huge user-loser, and it sets a terrible example for Aubrey to watch her mother allow him to pop in and out of their lives.

I also noticed it's now her knee that's keeping her from studying for the GED. I know ACL injuries are painful, but how many excuses have we heard from Chelsea, first about why she couldn't finish a high school degree and now about why she can't study for her GED? Her father should lay down the law on that one too--give her a specific date by which she must pass the GED or he's not paying her rent anymore. She can move back in with him or her mom, but if she's not responsible enough to live on her own and complete the GED, then she needs to move back home until she does so. The truth of the matter is, she's not responsible enough, and it's sickening that they just keep supporting her utter lack of responsibility. She doesn't have a job nor is she in school--she ought to have plenty of time to study for the GED, even if she is also taking care of a child. I know lots of single mothers who attend college classes and work and care for their children with a heck of a lot less support than Chelsea has.

I especially liked one of her excuses as to why she couldn't study. Why doesn't she turn off her computer if she doesn't want to be distracted by her ex. SO PATHETIC. Don't her parents have any idea what an idiot, basket case, she looks like? They are enabling their daughter to be a leech and unable to care for herself or her child. She has the maturity level of a 12 year-old. Dosen't she realize how Aubrey will view her as a parent when she takes that treatment from this man, is too lazy to study for her GED, too lazy to work, too lazy to develop talents, skills and experience in order to support her child? She is not bright enough to see those things. Her parents should point it out.

If her friends were really her friends, they would say Chelsea, as long as you subject yourself to your ex, I will not stand by and accept it. So long and good luck.

Her taking abuse from her ex is not cute. It's not following her heart. It's laying down like a doormat and allowing someone to treat you like a dog. Wake up girl!
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I especially liked one of her excuses as to why she couldn't study. Why doesn't she turn off her computer if she doesn't want to be distracted by her ex. SO PATHETIC. Don't her parents have any idea what an idiot, basket case, she looks like? They are enabling their daughter to be a leech and unable to care for herself or her child. She has the maturity level of a 12 year-old. Dosen't she realize how Aubrey will view her as a parent when she takes that treatment from this man, is too lazy to study for her GED, too lazy to work, too lazy to develop talents, skills and experience in order to support her child? She is not bright enough to see those things. Her parents should point it out.

If her friends were really her friends, they would say Chelsea, as long as you subject yourself to your ex, I will not stand by and accept it. So long and good luck.

Her taking abuse from her ex is not cute. It's not following her heart. It's laying down like a doormat and allowing someone to treat you like a dog. Wake up girl!
    Well, personally, I treat my dog a lot better than Adam treats Chelsea.

If her parents watch the show, you'd think they'd notice by now how much Chelsea makes excuses or flat-out lies, often because of Adam. When she uses that baby-whining voice to get things out of her father, I also can't help but think, "Doesn't he see how this makes him look?" About the only skill Chelsea does seem to possess is an ability to manipulate her father and some of her friends. The girlfriend who told her getting back together with Adam was a bad idea, but she'd still be there for her when the whole thing fell apart again....well, maybe you'd be a better friend to her if you didn't tell her you would. Chelsea's counting on the fact that everyone will always be there to help her after she makes yet another horrendously stupid decision. If they weren't all so supportive, maybe she's wake up.

Kailyn has her faults too, but compared to Chelsea....at least she's trying. She works, she goes to school, and she's reluctant to go on regular welfare, because she thinks that when people like herself use it, people who really need it might not be able to get it. She has immaturity issues too, but she's miles ahead of Chelsea. I imagine Kailyn would be completely shocked if anyone were to support her as unconditionally as Chelsea's father does her, while she continues to do whatever she wants as opposed to trying to actually establish a life, career, and home of her own.
    CrazyDutchWoman and Debb70 like this.

I hope Chelsea's parents saw the show last night and step in to protect Aubrey. This is the third violent act I have seen by Adam. Last night he was careless and threw her to the floor. He then prevented her mother from comforting her. He then called her a *astard in the hospital, because she was crying. (Who puts a toddler in a small room for hours without any toys, books, or anything to play with and expectes them to stay quiet. So unreasonable.)

A week or so ago when Adam was changing her diaper, he bent her leg and she cried out. He ignored it. Recall last season when he was staying with Chelsea and he picked up the little kitten and shook it? The guy has issues. Someone needs to protect Aubrey. I hope Chelsea parents step in.

I got LIVID last night when I saw him practically throw her on the floor, and then to top it off wouldnt let her mother comfort her. I want to reach thru my TV and smack Chelsea. And then the way she spoke to her dad on the phone after surgery? I understand she was in pain and annoyed, but still. Her father has a LOT more patience than I would have had.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Chelsea strikes me as one of those clueless mothers who ignores the red flags over and over again about the baby's daddy and then when something really terrible happens, she freaks out and acts all shocked. Well, she has fair warning and if she is still chosing to ignore Adams' red flags, then shame on her. She is sacrificing her baby for that so-called man.

FORT Fogey

In a recent episode, the one where Chelsea's friend told her that she's pregnant, Chelsea basically admitted that she keeps going back to Adam because she's lonely, as opposed to her claim that she wants Aubrey to grow up with both parents together, because she knows what it's like to grow up with divorced parents (for the last five years or so--the way she goes on, you'd think they divorced when she was an infant). She'll continue to ignore Adam's behavior so long as it's less disturbing to her than being alone.

It also made me want to wretch when Chelsea kept trying to get her mother to call the rental agent about the apartment she wanted to see. Good grief, girl, if you're old enough to live on your own, you're old enough to call a rental agent on your own. I could see her asking her mom what she thought about the apartment or asking her if she wanted to come with her to look at it, but she shouldn't be asking Mom to make the call (and good for her mom for refusing to do so). When you compare how little Chelsea has to do for herself to what Kailyn has to do for herself and her son, particularly after Kailyn admitted to her friend that it would mean so much to her if she had a mother or father she could call and depend on when she felt overwhelmed...well, it just makes me sick.
    ButterflyFaery and Debb70 like this.

she's lazy. Plain and simple.
    holly71 likes this.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

So happy for her that she got her GED. Also loved her comment to her dad about losing 165 pounds of "douche"

Did you all catch the previews from next season that starts in FEB? It looks like things go down hill for most all of the players on this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast