+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Chelsea

FORT Regular

Re: Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I live in the same city as Chelsea, and there's no way those scenes were taped in the dead of winter. Besides, it couldn't have been more than fall in the last episode, when Corey and Leah got married, and they showed other scenes that were on July 4.

Trust me, Chelsea doesn't have the wherewithal to deal with winter up here. She probably hides under a hideous pink and leopard blankie, whining for Daddy to bring her hot chocolate for the whole month of January.
    You're right, I do remember all the July 4th festivities on the episode. And yeah, she probably hides out like a bear all winter with poor Aubree. I was just saying that's why she's been tan in the entire 16 and pregnant episode, which was over a period of a few months, and the teen mom episodes. It just further aggravates me that she has money to pay to go tanning when she whines to her dad about how poor she is. (And I know she gets a discount i'm sure because she works there, but I doubt they let her tan for absolutely free)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    You're right, I do remember all the July 4th festivities on the episode. And yeah, she probably hides out like a bear all winter with poor Aubree. I was just saying that's why she's been tan in the entire 16 and pregnant episode, which was over a period of a few months, and the teen mom episodes. It just further aggravates me that she has money to pay to go tanning when she whines to her dad about how poor she is. (And I know she gets a discount i'm sure because she works there, but I doubt they let her tan for absolutely free)
    How much you wanna bet she doesn't work more than a few hours a week? In fact, given the economy, I can't believe she found a job, considering that she doesn't even have a high school diploma. There are plenty of people out there with more experience and more education looking for a job.

FORT Fogey

In this morning's paper, the state's possible cuts to Medicaid/Medicare were discussed (we have one of those governors who want to balance the state budget by cutting education and health care expenditures). South Dakota, the state in which Chelsea lives, Chelsea would be eligible for Medicaid coverage only because she has a child. Otherwise, she does not meet the state's requirements for Medicaid, given her particular situation, so far as we can understand it from watching the show. So Aubree is the reason Chelsea could use Medicaid to pay for her dental surgery pain pills--despite the fact that the Bank of Dad pays for every other little desire of Chelsea's.

There was also an article indicating that four in ten young adults in the state with no more than a high school diploma are unemployed and eighty percent of the state's department of labor job listings require skills/education beyond a high school diploma. In addition, only about a third of those in Chelsea's age bracket with no more than a high school diploma are working full time. If Chelsea has been lucky enough to find a job without completing that GED or getting a high school diploma, she's likely not working full time. She also better work her lazy butt off, or they'll be able to replace her quite easily with someone with just as much education/training, if not considerably more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    In this morning's paper, the state's possible cuts to Medicaid/Medicare were discussed (we have one of those governors who want to balance the state budget by cutting education and health care expenditures). South Dakota, the state in which Chelsea lives, Chelsea would be eligible for Medicaid coverage only because she has a child. Otherwise, she does not meet the state's requirements for Medicaid, given her particular situation, so far as we can understand it from watching the show. So Aubree is the reason Chelsea could use Medicaid to pay for her dental surgery pain pills--despite the fact that the Bank of Dad pays for every other little desire of Chelsea's.

There was also an article indicating that four in ten young adults in the state with no more than a high school diploma are unemployed and eighty percent of the state's department of labor job listings require skills/education beyond a high school diploma. In addition, only about a third of those in Chelsea's age bracket with no more than a high school diploma are working full time. If Chelsea has been lucky enough to find a job without completing that GED or getting a high school diploma, she's likely not working full time. She also better work her lazy butt off, or they'll be able to replace her quite easily with someone with just as much education/training, if not considerably more.
    thats so weird since I read an article on yahoo not too long ago saying that South Dakota was one of the few states in the union right now that have job growth..they have some of the lowest unemployment ..in most states children can get medicaid if their parents make under a certain amount and its usually not too hard to get it for children..now in GA for an adult to get medicaid you have to have an income of 400.00 or less to qualify..the only other time a woman in GA can get medicaid is if she is pregnant...but with adults in GA they still have co pays..even though they aren't that much they range from .50 cents to 20.00 ...but now for children on medicaid over the age of 10 now in GA they are starting to charge co pays also..guess its trying to make up some of the differences..of course if there weren't so many people out there false billing medicaid and medicare for their own needs..makes me mad when there are so many who really need help and can't get it because of crooks
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Is this the girl that wants to be a hairdresser? Seriously? Her own hair looks like it got caught in an eggbeater.
    AmyKay likes this.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Fogey

There is something wrong with a law that gives a woman healthcare just because she has a child. Talk about encouraging someone to have children. I would have no problem with covering a child, but an adult that is capable of working needs to get their own. Covering a pregnant woman during her pregnancy fine, but to give her money to have her wisom teeth out because she has a child luducrous.

FORT Fogey

I assume covering the mother's health issues as well as the child's is meant to help the child as well, since if the mother has no insurance, she's more likely to forgo medical help, even when she needs it, because she can't afford it, and if she gets sick (or God forbid, dies), the child may have no one else to care for him/her.

In the case of someone like Chelsea, however, it rankles, because clearly she has an endless supply of money from her father for things like Lady Gaga tickets and an overnight stay in a nice St. Paul hotel for herself and her friends, so I'm sure he could (and would) pay for dental/health insurance as well. On the other hand, someone was telling me just yesterday about a case involving a local sixteen year old whose single mom had a seizure at work. She survived that major seizure, but because she had no health insurance, and she felt fine, she didn't go back for the follow up check-up, had another seizure, and died. Her sixteen year old daughter has no close relatives, and her mother left no provision behind as to where she should be placed if such a thing happened. Perhaps if her mother had been covered by some kind of health insurance because she was a mom, she might not have skipped that check-up, and her daughter might not now be facing an uncertain future. I'm guessing it was cases like that which prompted the idea that mothers of minor children should be covered too.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    There is something wrong with a law that gives a woman healthcare just because she has a child. Talk about encouraging someone to have children. I would have no problem with covering a child, but an adult that is capable of working needs to get their own. Covering a pregnant woman during her pregnancy fine, but to give her money to have her wisom teeth out because she has a child luducrous.
    I've never heard of Medicare for an adult with a child get dental benefits.

Also, the funds that women with young kids get is very limited. It's not enough to live on, plus the ones that I know of, have to work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I've never heard of Medicare for an adult with a child get dental benefits.

Also, the funds that women with young kids get is very limited. It's not enough to live on, plus the ones that I know of, have to work too.
    In the state of GA if a mother with a child(ren) makes less than 400.00 a month she can qualify for medicaid which covers most medical needs with small co pays but as for dental the only thing they will do is pull teeth they don't do fillings

boy she has really messed up her knee...been there had that surgury....advice DON'T DO IT....I had mine done at 25 and its only gotten worse with age because arithics sets in and the cold and the rain will always bother you
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 12-13-2011 at 11:18 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I was so fed up with this girl. This is what I wish someone in her life who claims they love her would tell her.

Chelsea, I really want you to see a therapist to discuss your decisions to continue with this young man who verbally and emotionally abuses you. You need help. You are setting a poor example for your daughter. The verbal abuse from him is harmful to your daughter. You are teaching your daughter to take abuse from a man at any costs. That is not okay. You are stuck in a cycle of abuse. I insist you see the therapist and if you refuse, I will not pay your living expenses. Here is the address and time of your appointment. AND until further notice, all visits with the dad will be somewhere else and not on the property that I pay the rent on.

(Did anyone see the way the dad twisted back his daughters leg when he was trying to change her? She yelled in pain. He could have cared less.)
    AmyKay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast