+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Chelsea

  1. #31
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9

    Re: Chelsea

    Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    It blows my mind how they all think they can just date like normal people. Even the girls from teen mom 1 did that. As you can see by Farrah, she finally realized that she needed to focus on her school, work, and daughter first and worry about boys when she was a little more stable. All four of these girls (with the exception of Leah right now, because she is with Corey) have plenty more things on their plate to worry about than dating. Chelsea and all of them need to realize that there will be time to date later on when they have things more under control.
    The reason these girls insist on having a man in their lives is obvious if you think about it. First, they have sexual needs that must be quenched. It's what lead them to have sex in the first place. They got a really good taste of how good sex feels and they are not about to stop now. Period. Second, having a man who is financially strong would make a good and necessary addition to their terminally impoverished lives
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 03-29-2011 at 10:31 PM.

  2. #32
    FORT Fan RealityRealmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EARTH the Reality Show
    Posts
    354

    Re: Chelsea

    Quote Originally Posted by cleverfun3000 View Post
    The reason these girls insist on having a man in their lives is obvious if you think about it. First, they have sexual needs that must be quenched. It's what lead them to have sex in the first place. They got a really good taste of how good sex feels and they are not about to stop now. Period. Second, having a man who is financially strong would make a good and necessary addition to their terminally impoverished lives
    ha ha if that were true wouldn't at least one of them date a financially strong man instead of unemployed irresponsible homeless pothead deadbeats? LOL
    Honestly I would think that dating the likes of Andrew, Keiffer, Jo, and Adam might cure any girl of wanting a guy ever again. Alas, no.
    I don't think its some irresistible need for sex that needs quenching, they just want to be normal teenagers who date. But sadly once you are a teen mom that is all but impossible

  3. #33
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9

    Re: Chelsea

    I agree with exactly half of what you say, but just because you are a teen mom, that doesn't,t mean your sexual needs dry up and disappear. You can only ignore the need for a man for so long until your body tells you otherwise. Then if you still choose to ignore it, it becomes a desperate and constant battle on a daily basis. These are fertile, hormonally challenged young folks that already proved that they give into their desires regardless of the long term consequences
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 03-29-2011 at 10:30 PM.

  4. #34
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    127

    Re: Chelsea

    Quote Originally Posted by cleverfun3000 View Post
    The reason these girls insist on having a man in their lives is obvious if you think about it. First, they have sexual needs that must be quenched. It's what lead them to have sex in the first place. They got a really good taste of how good sex feels and they are not about to stop now. Period. Second, having a man who is financially strong would make a good and necessary addition to their terminally impoverished lives
    I realize they have needs like anyone else, but none of them are stable mentally, emotionally, or financially at this point and they do not have the time or capacity in their lives for a man. When you choose to have unprotected sex at 16, those are the things you are risking giving up if you get pregnant. They have to give up dating for the sake of bettering theirs and their children's lives. That's what being a mother is...sacrificing things you want for your children.

  5. #35
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9

    Re: Chelsea

    Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    They have to give up dating for the sake of bettering theirs and their children's lives. That's what being a mother is...sacrificing things you want for your children.
    Just ONE of the 300 reasons I decided when I was 18 NEVER to have children.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 03-29-2011 at 10:30 PM.

  6. #36
    FORT Fan RealityRealmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    EARTH the Reality Show
    Posts
    354

    Re: Chelsea

    Quote Originally Posted by cleverfun3000 View Post
    I agree with exactly half of what you say, but just because you are a teen mom, that doesn't,t mean your sexual needs dry up and disappear. You can only ignore the need for a man for so long until your body tells you otherwise. Then if you still choose to ignore it, it becomes a desperate and constant battle on a daily basis. These are fertile, hormonally challenged young folks that already proved that they give into their desires regardless of the long term consequences
    I really disagree with and in some way am offended by this post that I can't really express very well.

  7. #37
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    127

    Re: Chelsea

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    I really disagree with and in some way am offended by this post that I can't really express very well.
    I feel the same way...i just don't know how to explain it.

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,285

    Re: Chelsea

    These girls choose these types of men to get various reactions from their parents, and themselves. Chelsea goes after Adam type guys because she is not getting what she needs from her father. I truly think that she feels that if she dates losers that her father will finally make her be good and put his foot down. He has trained her to be so lazy, have you seen her mess of a house, and demanding. Secondly, she is lazy and demanding so she will seek out and only find men like her. If she has no work ethic or get up and go mentality, than men that do are not going to be attracted to her.

    I also think it is incorrect to say these girls are acting this way because they crave sex. Of course sex feels good, just as I am sure drugs do, but I do not go out and do drugs and get drunk because it feels good, and maybe if they are going out with these guys because they cannot live without sex than invest in a good vibrator or two because sex is not what is important in life it is an extra.

  9. #39
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,857

    Re: Chelsea

    Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    I feel the same way...i just don't know how to explain it.
    Okay, I'll give it a shot. I think it's a bit much to claim that because sex feels good that the need for it becomes a constant, insatiable craving that must be satisfied, no matter what, if one goes too long without it. If that were true, I guess it would excuse teenagers--and adults--from engaging in all kinds of stupid hook-ups that might be physically or emotionally damaging. They could just whimper, "Oh, but I just hadn't had sex in so long that I couldn't think of anything else. The urge was uncontrollable and I just had to have it, no matter the consequences."

    It's not like human beings are the equivalent of animals in heat. There are plenty of people who go without sex for extended periods of time without becoming so fixated on the need for it that they can't function or lead fulfilling lives. Perhaps because I attended a Catholic college, my first thought was that I had many fine teachers who were nuns who were funny, insightful, altogether human females who seemed to function just fine--and though people don't realize it, an awful lot of contemporary nuns are joining the convent after living adult lives prior to becoming nuns, which means they're not all dewy-eyed sixteen year old virgins anymore. In fact, that's a huge exception to the rule. For that matter, I know women who have been widowed or divorced who have waited quite a while to date, much less have sex, without having some kind of major emotional meltdown that required them to have sex, no matter what. Heck, women who have just hit a run of bad luck in terms of finding a relationship don't always just throw caution to the wind and jump into bed with the first guys who'll have them, because they haven't had sex in a while.

    As has been pointed out elsewhere, lots of things feel good. You can have cravings for lots of things. That doesn't mean you have to indulge those cravings or go nuts from depriving yourself. I guess you might if you were addicted, but most people aren't addicted to sex. I'd be willing to agree that young people often have less self-control than more mature adults, but once these teenagers have become parents, it's time for them to grow up. If they want to have sex, the very least they could do is practice some birth control and understand, before they choose their method, exactly how reliable it is and exactly how vigilant they have to be about following the rules for using it prior to having sex again. I noticed that at Leah's bridal shower, when she was kidded about how fast she got that condom on that banana, she laughed and said that she was going to make darn sure she didn't end up with another surprise pregnancy on her hands. Of course, no method of birth control is 100% effective, but at least she'd gotten the message, loud and clear, that you better do your best to use some method if you don't want to get pregnant again. So, yeah, I think it's hyperbole to assert that young women--or women of any age--are going to have sex because they simply haven't any other biological choice. They do. And some choose to exercise it. That doesn't make them prudes or psychologically suspect. It just means they've made a different choice than those who decide that how good having sex feels is a biological mandate that outweighs the possible consequences of having sex.

  10. #40
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    127

    Re: Chelsea

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    ha ha if that were true wouldn't at least one of them date a financially strong man instead of unemployed irresponsible homeless pothead deadbeats? LOL
    Honestly I would think that dating the likes of Andrew, Keiffer, Jo, and Adam might cure any girl of wanting a guy ever again. Alas, no.
    I don't think its some irresistible need for sex that needs quenching, they just want to be normal teenagers who date. But sadly once you are a teen mom that is all but impossible
    Exactly. They certainly aren't using the men to be financially stable because Chelsea and Jenelle are daing losers who don't work, and Jordan is by no means supporting Kailyn. And exactly, as for the sex part they need to realize that is one of the fun things they need to give up right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.