+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Chelsea

FORT Fogey

Re: Chelsea

I agree that her father has helped to create this problem. Though his intentions were good to start out with, he should know by now that the situation has gone from bad to worse. Chelsea is not working toward that high school degree, and she clearly isn't capable of the self-discipline that is required to do that on her own. She's constantly complaining about being distracted by everyone and everything, and then she uses that as an excuse to run off for a two hour (or more) study break. I really don't understand what she does with her time. I realize she has a baby, but we see other teen moms managing to hold down at least part time jobs, go to school etc. Chelsea doesn't have to worry about money, bills, housing et. al., and yet she doesn't appear to have the time to study for even a couple of hours a day. Or to keep her clothes on hangers instead of on the floor of her closet.

I understand that her dad is worried about Aubree. In his place, I would be too. But he's not doing her or Chelsea any favors by just giving in to everything Chelsea wants without requiring her to meet her end of the bargain she made with him. It may be too late at this point, but what he really needs to do is give Chelsea a specific date by which she must have her high school degree or he will no longer be paying any of her bills. He should also make it clear that if she wishes to live with Adam, she and Adam are going to have to handle the bills on their own. If Adam is really reformed, he ought to accept that. If he isn't, and heads for the hills again, maybe that will wake Chelsea up. Though I'm not sure it actually would, as she comes across as extremely vacuous and bubble-headed.

FORT Regular

I just wanted to say that although Chelsea makes awful decisions and is probably the biggest spoiled brat i've ever seen in my life, she is a good mother. I was thinking to myself that her father should think about getting custody of Aubree because then he might not feel so bad about cutting Chelsea off completely, but she really is a good mom. She takes care of Aubree full time basically by herself, and she's just generally good with her. She never yells at her and she plays with her all the time. She doesn't make a very responsible mom, but she does have the nurturing mommy gene naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    I just wanted to say that although Chelsea makes awful decisions and is probably the biggest spoiled brat i've ever seen in my life, she is a good mother. I was thinking to myself that her father should think about getting custody of Aubree because then he might not feel so bad about cutting Chelsea off completely, but she really is a good mom. She takes care of Aubree full time basically by herself, and she's just generally good with her. She never yells at her and she plays with her all the time. She doesn't make a very responsible mom, but she does have the nurturing mommy gene naturally.

She may be a good care giver for Aubree right now, but I think it is clear that Chelsea lacks in essential life skills that Aubree and all kids need growing up.

Aubree needs to learn self-confidence. Chelsea has very little. Aubree needs to learn how to set goals and get them accomplished. Chelsea lacks those skills. Aubree needs to learn how to stand up for herself and not let men abuse her. Chelsea has been a willing victim to her boyfriend. She has no backbone and her boyfriend would still be sponging off Chelsea and her dad if he hadn't volunteered to move out.

Aubree needs to learn accomplishment and what it feels like to earn your own way. I doubt Chelsea will ever know how that feels since she will take a free ride from her dad for the rest of her life.

So, while Chelsea may do okay caring for a toddler, the real life lessons are not something I see her passing on to her child. I have seen professionals talk about self esteem in teens and young adults. You can't have it, if you don't earn things. I think that is what has happened with Chelsea. She has never worked and earned accompllishments.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    She may be a good care giver for Aubree right now, but I think it is clear that Chelsea lacks in essential life skills that Aubree and all kids need growing up.

Aubree needs to learn self-confidence. Chelsea has very little. Aubree needs to learn how to set goals and get them accomplished. Chelsea lacks those skills. Aubree needs to learn how to stand up for herself and not let men abuse her. Chelsea has been a willing victim to her boyfriend. She has no backbone and her boyfriend would still be sponging off Chelsea and her dad if he hadn't volunteered to move out.

Aubree needs to learn accomplishment and what it feels like to earn your own way. I doubt Chelsea will ever know how that feels since she will take a free ride from her dad for the rest of her life.

So, while Chelsea may do okay caring for a toddler, the real life lessons are not something I see her passing on to her child. I have seen professionals talk about self esteem in teens and young adults. You can't have it, if you don't earn things. I think that is what has happened with Chelsea. She has never worked and earned accompllishments.
    This I will agree with wholeheartedly. While Aubree is a cute little accessory, Chelsea's doing just great. When she will need to start enforcing discipline and teaching expectations is where I expect Chelsea to run into problems. Toddlers need boundaries, and I'm afraid Chelsea won't have any more backbone setting them for her daughter than she did for Adam.
    _(Moo!)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG View Post
    This I will agree with wholeheartedly. While Aubree is a cute little accessory, Chelsea's doing just great. When she will need to start enforcing discipline and teaching expectations is where I expect Chelsea to run into problems. Toddlers need boundaries, and I'm afraid Chelsea won't have any more backbone setting them for her daughter than she did for Adam.
    This is very true. She does do wonderfully with her right now, but we will see when Aubree gets to be in the terrible twos how she handles that. I guess we'll all have to wait and watch!

FORT Fogey

I think Chelsea will follow in her dad's steps and allow Aubree to become lazy and complacent. I hope that when Aubree gets old enough to do things that are bad choices, that it wakes Chelsea up. She is a good baby sitter type mother, but the big things are not there. Her house is absolutely flithy. Why does she not clean it, and to say she has not time for schoolwork? What does she do oh that is right go to concerts for a couple days. Right there would have been enough time to study and clean. Problem is she earns things from dad with no effort so why put any in? Would anyone her age do work if they did not have to? Noone likes work, but most of us do it because we were taught that is right and how we succeed at attaining things we want. Chelsea has learned work has nothing to do with that.

Chelsea is a product of her parent's failure to demonstrate for Chelsea what a good work ethic is. For example, when she asked for Lady GaGa tickets, Dad should have said, you have refused to get your school work done for an extended amount of time. That is unacceptable, therefore, no concert tickets. If you get it completed, then maybe next year, but I won't reward your lazy behavior.

For your birthday, here's a card and a gift certificate to see a counselor.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I think Chelsea will follow in her dad's steps and allow Aubree to become lazy and complacent. I hope that when Aubree gets old enough to do things that are bad choices, that it wakes Chelsea up. She is a good baby sitter type mother, but the big things are not there. Her house is absolutely flithy. Why does she not clean it, and to say she has not time for schoolwork? What does she do oh that is right go to concerts for a couple days. Right there would have been enough time to study and clean. Problem is she earns things from dad with no effort so why put any in? Would anyone her age do work if they did not have to? Noone likes work, but most of us do it because we were taught that is right and how we succeed at attaining things we want. Chelsea has learned work has nothing to do with that.
    Thing is, if Chelsea were to allow Aubree to be lazy and complacent, then she'd have to step into her father's role and be the one who supplies her with everything and anything and never gets much of anything in return but more demands for more things. I'm not sure Chelsea is capable of doing that, because I don't think she's willing to give up being lazy and complacent herself.

looks like Chelsa is cracking down on child support

Teen Mom Chelsea to Ex: "I Don't Care" If You Don't See Our Baby - Moms & Babies - UsMagazine.com

Teen Mom 2's Chelsea Houska has a message for her baby's dad: Pay up, or else!

On Tuesday's all-new episode of the MTV hit, 19-year-old Houska gets an angry phone call from her unemployed ex, Adam Lind, demanding to see baby Aubree.

"She needs to see her father," Lind, 19, says in an exclusive sneak preview, above. But Houska isn't letting her ex off that easy. He has to fork over part of the $2,000 in child support payments he owes before she'll let him visit their daughter, 18 months.

"I don't really care if you don't see her," Houska snipes. "I don't know where you live or who's going to be around her, so that's another reason I don't want her to go with you. I don't think you should see her until you pay some child support. You had your chance, why would I trust you now?"

After her "pointless" conversation with Lind, Houska vents to her dad, Randy.

"Legally, you probably can't keep her from him, but you can make it awfully inconvenient. He's not been parenting," Randy says of his daughter's ex, who is frequently seen on the series devoting more time to his Camero than to his little girl.

"He doesn't act like her dad -- she is my baby!" Houska says.

well I never kept my kids from their dad because he didnt' pay support...but I think thats an issue each mother has to decide on her own.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well I never kept my kids from their dad because he didnt' pay support...but I think thats an issue each mother has to decide on her own.
    I dont think thats the greatest reason to keep Aubree from her but like Chelsea said, she has no idea where Adam would take her or who would be around her. And even if Adam were to come to the house and see Aubree, i don't even think Adam deserves to see Aubree. He has spent a total of, what, 24 hours with her? Combined? He can't just pick and choose when to be a daddy and expect everyone else to accommodate him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast