+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About the Show

About the Show

Teen Mom 2 is a spin-off of the MTV documentary series '16 and Pregnant'. The show follows the stories of four girls from the second season of '16 and Pregnant' and documents the challenges of their first years of motherhood. Each episode interweaves stories of four teenage girls who are navigating the bumpy terrain of adolescence, growing pains, and coming of age - all while facing the responsibility of being a young mother.

Each story offers a unique look into the wide variety of challenges young mothers can face: marriage, relationships, family support, or lack thereof, adoption, finances, rumors among the community, graduating high school, starting college, getting (or losing) a job and the daunting and exciting step of moving out of the nest to create their own families.

Re: About the Show

MTV EXPLORES THE UNFORGETTABLE STORIES OF TEEN MOMS CHELSEA, JENELLE, KAILYN, AND LEAH IN NEW DOCU-SERIES “TEEN MOM 2” PREMIERING JANUARY 11TH AT 10 pm ET/PT

From Raising Twins and Custody Battles to Rocky Relationships and Earning Degrees, Series Goes Inside all the Heartbreak, Joy and Difficulties of these Young Parents

MTV today announced it will document the journeys of four new teen moms in “Teen Mom 2” premiering Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 10pm ET/PT. The new docu-series catches up with Jenelle, Kailyn and Leah, from the cast of the second season of the thought-provoking show “16 and Pregnant,” giving viewers an intimate look at the challenges of raising a child as a teenager. Similar to MTV’s compelling and sometimes controversial hit show “Teen Mom,” the new series is told first hand by each girl, and goes inside the harsh realities, difficult relationships and tough choices these young moms make as they strive to give their children the best life possible.

As fresh-faced teenagers, the girls captivated audiences around the world as they dealt with the trials and tribulations of becoming a teen mother. In “Teen Mom 2,” viewers see Chelsea, Jenelle, Kailyn and Leah confront the next phase in motherhood, and all of the unique challenges that come with it:

FORT Fogey

I don't have cable so I won't be watching this show, but my only hope is that they show the struggles and do not glorify this situation. Hopefully seeing something like this will discourage young teenage girls from having sex and taking chances with the consequences. Just my opinion..............

So glad this show has it's own forum now instead of just one general thread!

I still don't know why they included that trashy Janelle in it! I guess I'll soon find out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Some aspects of this show are turning into celebrity entertainment and I find that disturbing. The points of the show, i.e. don't become a teen mom, it isn't easy, are falling prey to gossip. When I see these girls on the cover of OK magazine, it bothers me.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4142077;
    I don't have cable so I won't be watching this show, but my only hope is that they show the struggles and do not glorify this situation. Hopefully seeing something like this will discourage young teenage girls from having sex and taking chances with the consequences. Just my opinion..............
    If you are interested, they do have the episodes available online. I think the format is that they are available for the week after the episode premieres, then they have to be unavailable for a few weeks, then they come back permanently. It's weird. Several cable shows available online are subject to the same thing.

Anyway, I'm so excited FORT will be covering this show. There's so much for discussion here.
    _(Moo!)

I have been a viewer of 16 and Pregnant and the first Teem Mom. However, I'm not sure I can contribute to the viewership of this one. I recently heard in the other thread how much they were paying the first set of Teen Mom girls and every time I have gone for groceries in the past several months I have seen one or more of those girls on magazine covers. Although the show has not portrayed them as living the high life, they also appear to get by fine without much financial struggle - Amber never appears to work, Macy is in school and getting a new apartment and we never heard her worrying about the deposit on a pretty nice place, Farrah is getting pedicures with her baby and seeing therapists. This is just an example of "reality TV" not portraying reality - being a teen parent IS a struggle and these kids would likely be living paycheck-to-paycheck if it weren't for the money they are getting for the show. That is all fine and dandy for them - they are earning money, taking care of their kids, and are hopefully being smart about saving. However, I feel like this show is reaching the point where girls might actually think "hey if I get knocked up maybe I can be on MTV and cash in!"

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;4143935;
    I have been a viewer of 16 and Pregnant and the first Teem Mom. However, I'm not sure I can contribute to the viewership of this one. I recently heard in the other thread how much they were paying the first set of Teen Mom girls and every time I have gone for groceries in the past several months I have seen one or more of those girls on magazine covers. Although the show has not portrayed them as living the high life, they also appear to get by fine without much financial struggle - Amber never appears to work, Macy is in school and getting a new apartment and we never heard her worrying about the deposit on a pretty nice place, Farrah is getting pedicures with her baby and seeing therapists. This is just an example of "reality TV" not portraying reality - being a teen parent IS a struggle and these kids would likely be living paycheck-to-paycheck if it weren't for the money they are getting for the show. That is all fine and dandy for them - they are earning money, taking care of their kids, and are hopefully being smart about saving. However, I feel like this show is reaching the point where girls might actually think "hey if I get knocked up maybe I can be on MTV and cash in!"
    Its all of that that is beginning to disturb me. I'm not saying I want to see the kids suffer, but I'm not out getting a pedicure!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Well, to be fair, we do see Farrah working a lot. And I have no problem with the money they get being used for therapy or for education to better themselves. That's taking good advantage of an opportunity. But I agree that Amber never seems to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4144231;
    Well, to be fair, we do see Farrah working a lot. And I have no problem with the money they get being used for therapy or for education to better themselves. That's taking good advantage of an opportunity. But I agree that Amber never seems to do anything.
    I'm all for them using their money in a responsible way to better life for themselves and their children. I'm just trying to make the point that their lives are not what would be typical for a teen mom trying to raise a child. It would be a shame for young women who watch the show to think they are typical representations. Once they signed on to do the show and started getting regular MTV paychecks, they were no longer average teen moms.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast