+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: About the Show

Re: Leah

Someone asked if the money the girls receive go into a bank account which can only be used for the
    children. It makes me wonder because some of the girls are now getting plastic surgery and hiring agents and moving to Hollywood. Not something the average young mother gets to do on a limited income.

chttp://www.jsyk.com/2011/02/09/teen-mom-maci-gets-plastic-surgery-and-hangs-with-jersey-shor/

What happens when reality stars from two different drama filled shows become BFFs? A drama disaster in the making?

Well watch out because Maci Bookout from MTV's Teen Mom is basically BFFs with the baddest chicas on TV these days aka JWOWW, Sammi, and Deena, the fun party girsl from the 'Jersey Shore.'

Maci and the girls found time to hang out together in New York City and JWOWW didn't hesitiate to tweet about it.

JWOWW tweeted this twit pic of the two with the caption, "@macibookoutmtv <3 U."

We recently reported that the Teen Moms make mad bank for starring on the show. So, what worries us is something that we noticed when we peeped JWOWW's twit pic. Check out cute, little country gal Maci with some well noticeable physical changes.

Does it look like Maci has gotten plastic surgery and totally had a boob job to you? Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham recently got the same procedure done too. Is this thanks to their high paying gigs and new spotlight in the media? Hmm. Maci is also showing off some outrageous blond hair extensions too.

Don't get us wrong she still looks cute but really was all this change necessary? We thought she was totally adorbs before.

A lot of people have been saying that Teen Mom glamorizes teen pregnancy. What do you guys think about that? Do you think it makes teen pregnancy seem cool or does it open your eyes? Do you think the show is giving some of the moms the wrong idea? And do you think the teen moms get paid too much causing them to do silly things like getting plastic surgery?

Maci is also promoting a twitter site supporting Amber Portwood.

Meanwhile Farrah has also gone under the knife for an upgrade in breast side in efforts to jumpstart a modeling career,

Are they just using their kids to get bank so they can somehow pursue fame? Are there no lessons learned? All these hard luck struggles we were witness to, tugging at our heartstrings? Hey, I have no problem with going out and doing a few things for yourself, we all deserve that, but if these girls are using any of their Teen Mom money for plastic surgery instread of putting it toward the care of their children that's just inexusable to me. I don't want to hear any more whining from any of them about how hard it is when they are throwing away money on boob jobs and hair extentions! I don't have that kind of money and I'm responsible! Apparently I need to sign up at the `get pregnant by a loser boyfriend' emplyment line so I can cash my fat check in order to spend it all on frivolities.
    I'm not heartless, but if MTV is giving you a big chunk of money shouldn't you put that toward something responsible? Like your kid, bills, furthering your education?
    Last edited by redsox girl; 02-17-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Redsox girl, I think that while the show is supposed to show the trials and tribulations of being a teen mom and thus prevent teen pregancy, it's not working. I think that many girls see all the fights, screaming, desperation for money and think it looks fun. If you don't really want to attend school, then they don't care if they can graduate and attend college and if they do want to, then they ignore the show and say, I'm smarter than those idiots and I can do a better job than them. So, college wouldn't be a problem.

I think many girls don't see that the life of a teen mom is all that bad. Look at Chelsea, who just hangs out in her nice apt. while daddy foots the bill. I don't think any of it is helping prevent teen pregnancy. I think it provides money for the network and it's employess, money for Dr. Drew, and entertainment for the public. I think it's probably hurt most of the teens who have appeared on the show, even though they seem to have benefitted from the money. I think they may have been hurt in other ways.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    We recently reported that the Teen Moms make mad bank for starring on the show. So, what worries us is something that we noticed when we peeped JWOWW's twit pic. Check out cute, little country gal Maci with some well noticeable physical changes.

Does it look like Maci has gotten plastic surgery and totally had a boob job to you? Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham recently got the same procedure done too. Is this thanks to their high paying gigs and new spotlight in the media? Hmm. Maci is also showing off some outrageous blond hair extensions too.
    I think sometimes people forget that these girls are only 18, 19, 20 years old. It is very possible that they are still developing and changing. Peoples appearances change throughout their lives; it doesn't necessarily mean that because her face filled out or her boobs got a little bigger that she had plastic surgery.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: About the Show

I doubt these girls (most of them, anyway) sought the celebrity life originally. I'm sure they are pursued by agents, etc. I hope the original cast did not get into this mess in search of a modeling/acting/whatever career....I think it came to them. The newer batch of teens, I'm not so sure about. What a sad, sad reason to choose to have a baby.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I doubt these girls (most of them, anyway) sought the celebrity life originally. I'm sure they are pursued by agents, etc. I hope the original cast did not get into this mess in search of a modeling/acting/whatever career....I think it came to them. The newer batch of teens, I'm not so sure about. What a sad, sad reason to choose to have a baby.
    I'm sure for some of them the money was appealing...being a single mom without the real support (especially financially) of your parents or boyfriend is really scary to think about. I have a feeling thats what drew some of them in...like Kailyn for example, because her family can't support her financially. I'm sure she saw it as a way to not totally depend on Jo's parents.

Does anyone know how much the mom's actually get paid per season?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by princessleslie View Post
    I'm sure for some of them the money was appealing...being a single mom without the real support (especially financially) of your parents or boyfriend is really scary to think about. I have a feeling thats what drew some of them in...like Kailyn for example, because her family can't support her financially. I'm sure she saw it as a way to not totally depend on Jo's parents.
    I should have been more clear, I guess. I was talking about their motivation for getting pregnant in the first place - the way Chelsea's ex-roommate did. I do agree that they sought it out after they got pregnant.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I should have been more clear, I guess. I was talking about their motivation for getting pregnant in the first place - the way Chelsea's ex-roommate did. I do agree that they sought it out after they got pregnant.
    ohhh...okay. Yeah I understand that. If thats really why Megan got pregnant than she obviously didnt learn anything from Chelsea and Adam...although in all fairness Chelsea's dad didn't make her situation seem so difficult. It probably did look appealing to Megan; girl gets pregnant, gets a house paid for, gets to take as long as she want on highschool without having to attend classes, gets college paid for, and gets to live with her best friend while having daddy take care of every little problem.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123