+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: 4/11 Survivor 36 Ghost Island ep 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Newbie

Re: 4/11 Survivor 36 Ghost Island ep 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

I donít get the Kellyn hate either. I find most of the guys cocky, etc and only like Dom and W. I do not have an issue with the ladies except for Des.

The past two weeks have been very satisfying TCs!

Wendell's commentary as he was voting was the.best.thing.ever!

As great as last night's tribal council was, I'm actually going to miss Chris. Hear me out, his delusion to the point as absurdity was probably one of the most hilarious things I've seen on Survivor. CBS has an opportunity here to make the first Survivor spinoff...they could make one of those road trip type shows where Dom and Chris drive around the country together and of course drive each other crazy I don't even know where to begin, Chris was such a terrible player, he truly is the Zapp Brannigan of Survivor Loved how he went on about fixing JT's cursed idol, only to not play it either. Speaking of which, I wonder if we'll see JT's other cursed idol this season, the one he gave away to Russell.

Even though he didn't need it, I do think Dom made the right call playing his advantage. I was worried he wasn't long for the game after Jacob and Morgan left so early, but he managed to reverse a curse that claimed three players, good for him. Besides, he and Wendell each still have an idol. So much for the 4 Naviti girls master plan to take out Libby...they would have been outgunned even if all four went for it

I wasn't happy with Chris finding the Ghost Island clue, but luckily he was too stupid to take advantage of it. I did like the idea of having to sneak out to Ghost Island. Here's a twist I think might be kind of cool, the player who wins immunity is actually sent to Ghost Island for tribal council...so he/she is still safe from being voted out, but won't get to vote or participate in tribal council at all. Could make for an interesting twist, and if it's done regularly, might make some players even think twice about trying to win immunity. Looking forward so some old school gross eating challenges next week
    jucamer and allornothing like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    He said he left it back at camp in his last confessional at the end of the episode.
    I thought he said at least he didn't leave it back at camp.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

The Ghost Island challenge kind of reminded me of Let's Make a Deal. And I'm very happy with who got "zonked" tonight. I really hope the interviewers ask him why he didn't play his idol after Dom played his. He knew it was Dom or himself going home, and Dom just played an idol, so.... while he could save it for tomorrow, it should've been pretty obvious there wouldn't be a tomorrow.
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due March 6th)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Chris did an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, and this is his answer about not playing his idol. It almost sounds like he was thinking.
    But then it also sounds like he didn't think through the part where a couple of more days would give him more opportunities to affect the next vote. Bold font added to show that it sounds like he had it with him.

"There were so many dynamics, that it's all going to be clouded. I knew votes were coming my way. I had a plan where if Dom and Wendell both played their idols, or if they didn't play their idols, I would play mine. Dom played his advantage, [and Wendell didn't], and I took a risk and didn't play mine. The only way I was going to win this game is if the idol lasted me another Tribal. I wasn't going to play it for the sake of making it two or three more days, just to get voted out.
    Photobabe likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Chris did an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, and this is his answer about not playing his idol...
    I wasn't going to play it for the sake of making it two or three more days, just to get voted out.
    Not only could things change in the next few days in terms of relationships, he could win individual immunity. Find another idol. Win individual immunity AND find another idol. That kind of thinking is why I am glad he is gone but also what makes him so easy to make fun of. "Let me explain the brilliance of my plan that got me voted out."

I think Dom playing his advantage was also an excuse for getting his fake idol out of the way.
    allornothing likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allornothing View Post
    Not only could things change in the next few days in terms of relationships, he could win individual immunity. Find another idol. Win individual immunity AND find another idol. That kind of thinking is why I am glad he is gone but also what makes him so easy to make fun of. "Let me explain the brilliance of my plan that got me voted out."
    Well said, all that proved to me, is he's thick..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Cynbeth View Post
    I don’t get the Kellyn hate either. I find most of the guys cocky, etc and only like Dom and W. I do not have an issue with the ladies except for Des.
    I get it, she is like Bradley stubborn and arrogant and sure she is right just like Desiree.
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345