+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Badseed
  • 1 Post By AZChristian
  • 2 Post By FireWoman
  • 1 Post By Arielflies

Thread: Survivor 37 News

Survivor 37 News

Hollywood, CA - In an interview with “Inside Survivor,” Jeff Probst revealed new information on what to expect from Survivor in 2018.

“I’ve always said that Survivor is the greatest social experiment on television, and I think it’s fascinating to see what happens when tribes are divided based on their personal attributes. We’ve done races, ages, collars, “B” qualities, and how other people see them. This season, we get down to one of the most American themes we’ve ever done. We know it can be a divisive topic, but “Game Changers” showed we can handle sensitive issues with grace. Issues like - what do you put on your hot dog? I’m proud to give you, Gordon, the first tease of our winter season - Survivor: Ketchup vs Mustard vs Relish. Our game will return to the beautiful islands of Fiji, where eighteen players will be divided into three tribes - one tribe who prefers ketchup, one tribe who prefers mustard, and the one tribe, who prefer relish. Don’t worry about the tribe names, they probably won’t get mentioned until the shuffle.”

When asked if he thought that people’s favorite condiment really dictated their personality, Probst replied,

“Absolutely I do. The ketchup people, they’re the ones that most of our audience can identify with, the most traditional, but they can be slow to get going sometimes. Now mustard people, they run the gamut, some are plain yellow liquids, but others are really spicy and can burn you if you’re not careful. And the relish people, they might have trouble fitting in because they’re the least fluid, but that also means they’re the most solid. And don’t you worry about the theme not coming into play. I’ll make sure we discuss it at great length every tribal council.”

Here were some initial reactions of the contestants upon learning the theme:

“I’m a model, so I don’t really eat hot dogs, but I guess I’m a Relish because I like cucumbers.” -Jimothy, 23, Model

“I've been a fan of the show for my entire life, and I mean that literally - I sprung from the womb while the first episode was playing on the TV! In my analyses of past seasons, I deduced that 29 of the past Survivor winners preferred mustard, so I’m pretty confident in my chances.” -Richard, 18, Model

”I love relish! But when I told Jeff, his face fell, and I heard him mutter something about not enough women on the ketchup tribe. Then he started badgering me about whether I was sure I didn’t mean to say ketchup, and now I like ketchup.” -Zelda, 22, Model

“I’m this season’s Rudy Boesch for sure; the old guy who doesn’t do everything like everyone else. I spell ketchup as ‘catsup,’ and eat my hot dogs with a fork and knife. I just hope my elderly age doesn’t hurt my game.” -Sam, 30, Model

When asked about the rumors that this was a Captains season, Jeff replied,

“All I can tell you is that Malcolm likes two things: winning Survivor, and dijon mustard.”

Watch Survivor: Ghost Island, Wednesdays on CBS.
    waywyrd and Dukie like this.
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due March 6th)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Survivor 37 News

Is this a joke? So the theme should be "Models Who Prefer Ketchup, vs Mustard, vs Relish." No more non-models allowed on Survivor???
    Brooks likes this.
    I'm Paula.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

April Fools lol
    AZChristian and Photobabe like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

I'm so unsticking this thread as I got got.
    Brooks likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Yep FireWoman found me out; this was originally a satire piece I wrote during the HHH season finale.
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due March 6th)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
    The ketchup people, they’re the ones that most of our audience can identify with
    This is what got my attention. I'm a bland ketchup person and I know I'm in the minority.

I do like the idea of a season food theme that Jeff would force them to discuss every TC (ie, the losers who probably haven't eaten anything recently, LOL).

+ Reply to Thread