+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: 11/15 Survivor 35 Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers ep 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/15 Survivor 35 Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers ep 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

He reads them in pre-determined order such that the only unread votes are redundant ones for the evictee. If it’s a tie, no one is evicted yet, so there shouldn’t be any unread votes. That’s why they could’ve realized a vote was missing .

On a practical level, no one had any reason to speak up. Joe and Desi wanted it to stay a tie for the slim chance they’d go to rocks, and the rest didn’t care because an extra vote couldn’t have kicked anyone except Joe or Desi. And as a general rule, you want to make the fewest ripples possible.
    Last edited by Badseed; 11-16-2017 at 03:44 PM.
    Punkin, kev89 and allornothing like this.
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due Oct 4)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

Except that they're exhausted and starving and therefore susceptible to blurting something out. Or not noticing something. Besides, this is probably the first time the votes were short. Jeff told Dalton that production was very surprised no one pointed out the missing vote at TC, they were expecting drama.
    kev89, calicokat and allornothing like this.

Let's see. A great episode, imo.

Loved the reward challenge- what a great idea!

ITA Chrissy needs to chill for a minute with the whispering. What else?

Super sad to see Desi go, I really liked her and was one of the people I was rooting for. I do think it was a good choice. As mentioned she is a challenge beast, would be terrible to sit next to her at the end, Joe will be unlikely to make inroads with the group, whereas Desi could end up working her way in to the group.

Lauren did a great job fake voting - twice. The 2nd one was my favorite. I can't believe no one noticed the missing vote.

Overall, lots of players I like, only a few I don't (Joe, Cole). Enjoying the new twists!
    Punkin, kev89 and jucamer like this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

This is a great season. I'm loving all the new ideas thrown in.
    Last edited by yourefired; 11-16-2017 at 04:55 PM.
    Punkin, kev89 and allornothing like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I don't think they were short one A vote was cast for Lauren. So either Dr Mike threw his vote away or Lauren's vote went to her.
    There were 11 possible votes. Jeff only read 10 and then announced there was a tie.
    kev89 and allornothing like this.

Ok so someone really did vote for Lauren. At first I just assumed she had gotten a penalty vote for using the advantage I was a bit confused at first lol but i definitely love the new twist idea
    kev89 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MReid View Post
    Ok so someone really did vote for Lauren. At first I just assumed she had gotten a penalty vote for using the advantage I was a bit confused at first lol but i definitely love the new twist idea
    Yep, it was Desi who voted for Lauren (why I have no idea, maybe Joe wanted to split votes too?), while Joe voted for Ben, and Dr. Mike and Cole both joined the Heroes/Hustlers in voting for Joe. Very confusing, yet intense tribal council.

I'm not at all surprised that nobody noticed the incorrect amount of votes especially since, as someone else pointed out, Jeff only reveals up to the majority of votes claims their victim. Once it's too late for that person to be saved, Jeff stops reading.

When I'm watching the show week after week, I never count the votes unless it's the finale. And during the times when Jeff ends up reading all that's in the urn, I just take for granted that's all that's supposed to be there. I think it's reasonable to assume that few of us would have noticed the number of votes if we hadn't been told about Lauren's advantage. In fact, I wish we hadn't been told until next week just because it would have been fun to to see if anyone here would have noticed without being told.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I haven't liked Lauren until now. I loved her sneaky ways to not vote. I think the hardest part of it all will be keeping the parchment she has a secret.
    MReid and allornothing like this.

Here's why the stupor at TC doesn't make sense to me. The scramble before TC is to make sure you lined up enough votes. It's all about numbers. Numbers, numbers. Don't tell me they don't do the math at TC to know how many they still need and what's still available. Well, anyone who didn't already know about Lauren's advantage, and especially whoever is on the block. Jeff keeps reviewing where they are in the count. After he read the 9th one did he say 1 vote left or did he just read the 10th and announce a tie? Did anyone see him hesitate before saying there would be a second vote? Dalton was particularly harsh on Chrissy, called the math whiz a fraud, LOL.
    allornothing likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast