+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: 11/15 Survivor 35 Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers ep 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/15 Survivor 35 Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers ep 8 *West Coast Spoilers*

Wow, first time in a while that four different people got votes So many questions...did Dr. Mike get Cole to flip? Why did Desi vote for Lauren? Did anyone notice there was one missing vote? I'm surprised and kind of disappointed they went after Desi over Joe after the tie, but I think I see the logic. While Joe will cause more chaos around camp, Desi was a beast in the challenges and would likely be the bigger final 3 threat...especially if she went on an epic immunity run. While I am disappointed that Cole won immunity, at least we got a more interesting tribal council out of it.

I really like what they did with the reward challenge, not sure about everyone else, but I was getting tired of the generic rewards every episode where the winning team goes to an island to eat [Insert food here]. Really interesting social element. I was actually kind of disappointed that they didn't make Joe predict which team would win and only allow him to go if they won like they used to do with the odd person out, but he did have to be there for the twist. Loved the clue plate too. Fairly clever play by Cole, but you can't beat Ryan just throwing the plate away I have to say though, Chrissy needs to keep her mouth shut...last week she started plotting with Ben when they were still at the feast, then she just had to whisper to Ryan about the clue while Cole was right there. Like you couldn't wait to talk about it? Really? Cole still looked bad in the end, but that's probably just because he's Cole. That whole scene just made me miss Alan I'm sure he would have strip-searched Cole, only to still think he was somehow hiding it

Lauren's advantage is very interesting, kind of confusing too. I still wonder if anyone noticed they were one vote short. I was actually thinking Jeff would read the advantage, meaning that they would know someone had an extra vote, but (except for Ben) would not know who. I'm sure the producers are relieved they didn't put an expiration date on this advantage considering Cole failed to find it last week. We see Ryan telling others about his idol next week which is something to be very cautious about doing, but I can't help but wonder if he should have told them this episode. I can understand keeping it to himself, but it would have been a huge relief to Ben and the rest of the alliance, and would have allowed them to avoid having to split the votes. I mean, if he's going to tell Ben next week, he may as well have told them before tribal

This season's been interesting. In terms of gameplay, it's been a mixed bag. I do find some of the cast interesting and there have been entertaining moments, but I did find much of the pre-merge to be kind of meh. One thing I have been absolutely loving though is how the producers have been flipping many of the conventions fans and castaways have gotten used to the past few seasons. They appear to be putting far fewer idols out there this season. For most of the pre-merge, only one player had an idol at any given time...in fact it wasn't until the last pre-merge episode that two different players had idols at the same time, and the third tribe remained without an idol. I liked the clues in the tress, and I also liked the clue on the plate this week. I already mentioned how they added an additional element of strategy to the reward as opposed to the picnics we've gotten used to. Finally there's the periodic advantages, which have added another element to the game. This might be the most innovative Survivor season in several years. Hopefully they keep it up...both to keep the castaways on their toes and to keep the show from getting stale

Count me in as another person who would've thought Jeff would read aloud the advantage, but not whom used it. Since the votes were 4/4/1/1 I'm also surprised no one spoke up about being a vote short since there were 11 voting. I suppose they might have and it was just edited out, however i would think that would have spaked quite a discussion during and after Tribal. Maybe Dalton Ross will ask Jeff in his weekly Q&A....
    kev89 and PeekingDuck like this.

Every time I watch an episode this season I feel as if I am watching a Dumb or Dumber film.

Chrissy has twice whispered to people ... how stupid.

Cole, put a tablecloth under spaghetti? how dumb.

How smart for Ryan to hide the plate!

Joe is a snake, cut of the head of the snake.
    No goat killers on my island.

Cole & Dr Mike both voted for Joe. So Mike exposes his alliance to Joe, but no big risk. When did Cole get into any alliance?
    The edit made it look like Joe was counting the votes in his head & realizing it was 1 short. So I was surprised next week's preview didn't highlight a blowup about that.
    kev89 likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Love Laurens advantage, plus the shared meal. They have really changed things up this season. I had a feeling Cole would win II, he had to, or else he was going home. I'd totally keep Joe, he knows how to press Bens buttons, so he'll always have a target on him. Although too much and Ben might just swing for him.
    Ryan seems to dart in and out just like his tongue does, he whips over, gets the idol, tells Chrissy to cover up the hole, stands by as they all jump on for the idol, that was already taken. Smart move with the community plate Ryan! we laughed!
    Next week Ryan does a Cole and tells everyone.
    Desi was gorgeous, strong as well. Its a shame she was aligned with Joe!
    kev89, jucamer, MsFaninNJ and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Love Laurens advantage, plus the shared meal. They have really changed things up this season. I had a feeling Cole would win II, he had to, or else he was going home. I'd totally keep Joe, he knows how to press Bens buttons, so he'll always have a target on him. Although too much and Ben might just swing for him.
    Ryan seems to dart in and out just like his tongue does, he whips over, gets the idol, tells Chrissy to cover up the hole, stands by as they all jump on for the idol, that was already taken. Smart move with the community plate Ryan! we laughed!
    Next week Ryan does a Cole and tells everyone.
    Desi was gorgeous, strong as well. Its a shame she was aligned with Joe!
    To be fair, he told Chrissy he had it when he asked her to cover up. Devon looked to be his "ride or die" from Day 1. And I think Ryan's smart enough to realize that Chrissy is extremely close to Ben. The way she "whispers" to everyone, he might assume she would end up telling him. Better to tell him first than to be "outed" and have Ben thinking he's being sneaky.

Not the best situation for Ryan, but I think he's going to try to do what leads to the least amount of damage.
    kev89 and allornothing like this.

This episode was interesting. So we have this twist at the reward challenge and Joe decides to let everyone eat first since he didnt play in the challenge I thought that was fair. Ryan hides the plate in the woods so Joe cant find it, yeah Joe definitely didnt need to find another idol lol.

Then Ryan finds the idol at camp and Chrissy knows this but as Cole comes over to try and find it mass chaos erupts at camp what a mess! I felt bad for Ben this episode he really is struggling with his PTSD from the marines, and Joe while I get is playing the game and is really good at getting people worked up. I think Joe went too far here with saying Ben swore on the marine core, idk thats just a line I wouldnt have crossed but thats just me. Ben handled himself at tribal well saying he was sorry he allowed Joe to get him riled up. And Lauren though she annoyed me early on this season she has grown on me a little more and isnt so bad afterall. It was funny watching her push the voting ballot aside at tribal lol. Desi is voted out at the revote i think this was the right choice here. Everyone dislikes Joe and you gotta keep Joe a little longer so him and Ben will continue to go at it hes always going to be a target. Desi was great at challenges and had no enemies so she was a bigger threat for jury votes in a final 3 whereas Joe even if he gets to final 3 I just dont see him winning. I do think at this point Chrissy is the most dangerous player in the game I dont like her she annoys me but if she gets to the end Id vote for her to win if i were on jury
    Brooks, kev89, jucamer and 1 others like this.

I think Joe threw away his game when he falsely accused Ben of swearing on the Marines. That was really low, and I canít see anyone besides Desi voting for him after that.

For that reward, the worst places to go are first or second-to-last. In those positions, someone can see how much food you and you alone took, or decided to leave.
    kev89 likes this.
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due Oct 4)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

Since they didn't notice the missing vote . . . . I wonder if anyone will notice the extra vote?

I'm thinking the fact that there were so many single votes cast, helped hide it this time, but who knows what it will be like the week she plays it. Also helping her fly under the radar with the missing vote is the fact that Jeff doesn't always read them all - if he gets to a majority then he announces "the XX person voted out" and other votes often sit at the bottom of the container.

Very interesting twist, and I'm curious to see how the other half of it plays out.
    kev89 and MsFaninNJ like this.

FORT Fan

Jeff never reads all the votes. The minute that an eviction is reached, he stops. We only see the individual votes at home.
    Trust Me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast