+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: My Trip Through the Past Survivors

Re: My Trip Through the Past Survivors

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
    Around that period, they had a big time sponsorhip with Pringles, and I remeber they kept tacking them on to rewards, like a trip to a hot spring... and Pringles.
    Oh yeah! It's fun to see the sponsorships. Coca-Cola, Coors Light, Home Depot, Folgers Coffee, etc. They had a bite of Pringles in Vanuatu before the reward. It's funny how obvious they are. My favorite though has been the fridge with Cokes in the Amazon. It was the most outrageous. But the Folgers with the coffee machine on Vanuatu came a close second.
    Badseed likes this.
    "You either play the game or get voted off!"

Quote Originally Posted by KirstenL View Post
    I have to say that Rupert was my favorite player both times. I hated Jonny Fairplay.
    Finished season 26 - one of my favorite seasons! And Cochran is one of my favorite survivors now. I have always loved Rupert & excited to see him back for season 27- which I just started. (the first Blood vs. Water).

IIRC = Johnny Fairplay was so unpopular he has requested to come back and play again but denied. Including as a Villian. I seem to vaguely remember something about this at a reunion show or something.
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey Ms.pacman New Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion awesomekina23's Avatar

Fairplay was brought back for Micronesia but quit in the first episode. I think that's why he hasn't been invited to play again. They don't like bringing quitters back.

He's part of the reason why Pearl Islands was so great though. You had the ultimate villain in Fairplay and the ultimate hero in Rupert not to mention other great characters like Sandra, Christa, Burton, and Lill. I absolutely loved the pirate theme too.
    Badseed and allornothing like this.

Oh yeah! It's fun to see the sponsorships. Coca-Cola, Coors Light, Home Depot, Folgers Coffee, etc. They had a bite of Pringles in Vanuatu before the reward. It's funny how obvious they are. My favorite though has been the fridge with Cokes in the Amazon. It was thetrageous. But the Folgers with the coffee machine on Vanuatu came a close second.
    A surefire way to know who's on the bottom of the alliance is to see who got stuck with the Vanilla Coke.
    KirstenL and allornothing like this.
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due Oct 4)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23 View Post
    Fairplay was brought back for Micronesia but quit in the first episode. I think that's why he hasn't been invited to play again. They don't like bringing quitters back.

He's part of the reason why Pearl Islands was so great though. You had the ultimate villain in Fairplay and the ultimate hero in Rupert not to mention other great characters like Sandra, Christa, Burton, and Lill. I absolutely loved the pirate theme too.
    Ah, that's probably what I am (mis)remembering.

Yes, that was an awesome season.

BTW - I met Rupert about 7 years ago!

I'm am watching Season 8 and just learned that Jenna's mom died 8 days later after Jenna quit Survivor to go home because she was worried about her mom being ill. At the time I thought Jenna was just wanting to leave the island and looked down on her for it since she knew her mom was sick before going on the show.

Wow! She was right. She needed to leave and go be with her mom. Sad, so sad.
    Maveno and KirstenL like this.
    Will you accept my Frankie & Lost in Space Debbie hair violin playing Mirror-ball dancing Indian giver rose from an always a bridesmaid egotistical Big Brother repeat loser who got beat by a pan-banging meatball ?

FORT Fanatic

How in the world do you guys remember the locations? I can only remember the season by who won.
    allornothing likes this.

I'm almost done with Palau. There are 4 jury members left to be made. So far, boring. It was a great start and there seemed to be a lot of momentum. But too many triumphs can make a season boring. I can't wait to get to the next one. I'm tired of hearing the same people speak (aka Katie- what a lazy irritant). I'm also a bit tired of Tom domination.

I'm also a bit tired of Tom domination.
    Oh no! I loved that season & loved Tom!

I wonder if we (you & I) feel differently bc we are watching these episodes back to back. Like we have less tolerance for some things. Don't get me wrong, I love not having to wait a week, but I wonder if it makes less exciting seasons seem even more so on. Just random thought!
    KirstenL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by IHCUWUN View Post
    Oh no! I loved that season & loved Tom!

I wonder if we (you & I) feel differently bc we are watching these episodes back to back. Like we have less tolerance for some things. Don't get me wrong, I love not having to wait a week, but I wonder if it makes less exciting seasons seem even more so on. Just random thought!
    I think so. I think if I waited a week to see the next episode, I would be cheering them on and care more about the characters. But, when I watch it back-to-back the unpredictability makes it very stagnant.
    allornothing likes this.

+ Reply to Thread