+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: My Trip Through the Past Survivors

Re: My Trip Through the Past Survivors

I am now in the middle of Season 4. I'm surprised how bitter they were in Season 3. Before I watched it, I heard they voted bitterly but wasn't sure where there was that much game play. The first 2 seasons were definitely better than the third. Marquesas definitely had so much food, despite not being provided with rice or mush. I now know who Teresa was and wish she got to have her second chance this season. I think she was a sharp player despite being on the wrong side of the numbers on her season.

In being halfway through Season 4, I see that Rob learned a lot from his first season. I think that's where Russel went wrong- he used the same strategy. I watched all of his seasons and actually liked him because he always kept it interesting. If you think about it, swapping him with Tony- I bet Russell would have won also. It just goes to show that you have to be flexible enough to adapt to whatver kind of social game you are given.
    allornothing likes this.
    "You either play the game or get voted off!"

FORT Fogey Ms.pacman New Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion awesomekina23's Avatar

I love Marquesas. I remember watching a few episodes of Borneo when it aired but Marquesas was the first season that I watched all the way through and it got me hooked on the show. I loved Neleh, Paschal, and Kathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    If they'd go back to how the show used to be, I might go back to watching it. I guess the fans of the show as it used to be don't matter to the producers.
    I suspect it has more to do with worry about lawsuits or bad publicity than not caring about what the fans think. I really enjoyed those early seasons precisely because they were truly about surviving. I wish they would go back at least some.
    Maveno and bamafan like this.
    Will you accept my Daddy's Mirror-ball dancing temporary rose from a hustling meatball jury member?

I don't know that I was happy with Season 4. After Rob left, it got a little boring. It seems like they all got this love-fest going on that was hippy dippy...and BORING. I ended up fast forwarding through a lot of it. Maybe I also didn't care for it much because they seemed so ignorant a lot of the time with the obvious alliances occuring.

Paschal and Nehle reminded me of Elisabeth and Rodger (though I liked Elisabeth and Rodger a lot better). I found Pappy and Nehle made me gag most of the time, and I couldn't decide if they were fake or not. A lot of what they judged others for was a bit hypocritcal.

On another note, I just realized that Amber (of Rob and Amber) was in Africa. I really can't wait to see their All Star season. Rob picked a bad pony to ride in Marquesas- Sarah. I think if he would have picked Gina (even though she is smart), he would have done better.

I just finished Thailand. It had a great, underdog story start to it but got boring quickly. Then, to make it worse, Brian and Clay had the worst answers ever for the jury. Clay really lacked a sound strategy and Brian was a cheesy used-car salesman. Yawn. I'm hoping the Amazon is much better.

Finished 24, have already seen season 25, starting season 26! I'm so excited - it's a fan vs favorites! Soon I will be all caught up & seen all seasons.
    kev89 likes this.

FORT Fogey Ms.pacman New Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion awesomekina23's Avatar

The one good thing about Thailand was Helen. What a solid character. I was fanning myself when she was going IN on Brian at final tribal council. She practically growled at him at one point. "You are the EPITOME of the trashy used car salesman."
    KirstenL and allornothing like this.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23 View Post
    The one good thing about Thailand was Helen. What a solid character. I was fanning myself when she was going IN on Brian at final tribal council. She practically growled at him at one point. "You are the EPITOME of the trashy used car salesman."
    Oh I loved that too!! I wished Helen would have won and made it to the end. I think if Brian would have brought Helen, she would have won but Brian would have been better respected. Her speech reminded me of Sue Hawke's speech to Kelly wigglesworth. I don't know that Kelly absolutely deserved that speech, but she didn't have any strategy to win (other than winning immunity; this is so different from Mike who played a social game, was excellent at challenges, and had a strategy from Day 1) and did end up betraying Sue (in a way). It's amazing how honest they were in the beginning about who they were voting for and how dishonest they were about alliances. Now, it seems to be the opposite.

Those challenges in the first season were a joke. Even if Kelly was a challenge beast, she beat out old Rudy and big Rich. The challenges were also running to start fire and voila it is done. I'm glad that the challenges are now a mix of muscle and mind. It makes it to where it is more difficult to best everyone all the time. Plus, you have to be smart and brawny to win.
    awesomekina23 likes this.

Just finished Season 9 (Vanuatu).

I loved Pearl Islands and All Stars. I have to say that Rupert was my favorite player both times. I hated Jonny Fairplay. It's one thing to be strategic, but to lie in that way to make it farther in the game...that's disgusting. Vanuatu was boring for me. I couldn't wait to get through them. There was not really any strategy in that sason other than self-preservation. Chris had to be told to go talk to Liza to form a final 4 alliance.

Those islanders were quite scary in Vanuatu.

Now I'm on Palau....we will see.

I know I've missed a LOT of past seasons. Though, I think I'm almost caught up to the first season I ever saw (Cook Islands).
    Florimel likes this.

Around that period, they had a big time sponsorhip with Pringles, and I remeber they kept tacking them on to rewards, like a trip to a hot spring... and Pringles.
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due Oct 4)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

+ Reply to Thread