+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: My Trip Through the Past Survivors

Re: My Trip Through the Past Survivors

Johnny Fairplay upon the team finally finding the hidden treasure only to be disappointed by how badly a lot of the supplies stunk, "I call it ghetto Christmas. it's like asking for the Incredible Hunk doll and getting your sister's Ken doll painted green."
    dzigner, bamafan and kev89 like this.
    Will you accept my Frankie & Lost in Space Debbie hair violin playing Mirror-ball dancing Indian giver rose from an always a bridesmaid egotistical Big Brother repeat loser who got beat by a pan-banging meatball ?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Ewe, I can't wait. I just started Season 7. I'm watching the first episode and think I saw it before because I remember not liking Rupert because he stole the other team's shoes. I hope I didn't watch the whole season. We'll see.
    And that's what made me love Rupert. It was the pirate season after all, and they were dumb enough to leave their stuff with someone from the other tribe. To each his own, I guess.

May I ask where you all are watching these? I would love to start over from Season 1.
    PWS, kev89 and MReid like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

all seasons are available on the CBS package its $6 a month though sorry nothing is free lol. I believe they are on HULU too but only seasons 12 through 30. Im on season 9 right now myself. I have about 6 more seasons that I have not seen. The earlier seasons are really about hard core survival skills. The hidden idol twist didnt start until season 11.

Quote Originally Posted by MReid View Post
    all seasons are available on the CBS package its $6 a month though sorry nothing is free lol. I believe they are on HULU too but only seasons 12 through 30. Im on season 9 right now myself. I have about 6 more seasons that I have not seen. The earlier seasons are really about hard core survival skills. The hidden idol twist didnt start until season 11.
    $6 a month is not bad. I have seen every season, minus one episode when I was in the hospital. Eliza got voted out that episode. I remember that because I could not stand her and was bummed I missed her being voted out.

I'm gonna have to look into that. Thanks.
    MReid likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Since I have missed seasons, I am going back and catching all the ones I haven't seen. Starting with season 14.

I did the free week of the CBS all access, but not sure I will keep it. The other show I wanted to go back & watch isn't available on all access.

Especially if post season 12 is on Hulu. Ive seen the first 13 & then some intermittently since then.

eta: No , I have definitely see season 14, I just didn't recognize it at first. I've seen 15 & 16. 17 or 18 is where I left off. I am pretty sure I have not seen 18, not sure about 17.

eta2: oh I remember those people on 17! Season 18 it is then!

eta: Nope, nope, nope. Im not sure why I think Ive missed so many seasons. Because I have seen all these. 23 doesn't look familiar. That is where I left off I think!
    Last edited by allornothing; 09-28-2015 at 12:39 PM.
    MReid likes this.

Ha! No i saw 23, but it was a little ruined bc my husband hates when they bring back players and he was super mad that Coach & Ozzy got not just 2 but 3 chances to play the game. He does not like returning players (whereas I love it). I finished the season by myself, but then stopped watching. So 24 I have not seen & am starting there! Whew!
    MReid likes this.

Something from the early seasons that quietly disappeared was contestans bringing back food from individual rewards. I guess they didn't anticipate the players being so generous.
    Florimel and PWS like this.
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due Oct 4)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

I noticed in the season I am watching now (24) that Jeff says no pooling $ or sharing rewards in the live auction (one of my favorite episodes each season!). I remember when contestants used to do that. The powers that be definitely make it stay very individual when it gets to the individual part. Though they did get to bring back a whole cooler of 7up from one reward but I think they said "They let us bring back this cooler of 7up." It's definitely the exception in these later seasons!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And they used to bring "luxury items"---I remember one woman brought "massage oil" flavored with various herbs like oregano or basil so they could use it for cooking.

I thought it was great that Rupert stole shoes and sold them to get stuff for his team. Here were all the glamour people assuming the hairy chubby guy from the other team would be thrilled to watch their shoes...what the heck??!! Served 'em right!
    babyfat101 and allornothing like this.

If they'd go back to how the show used to be, I might go back to watching it. I guess the fans of the show as it used to be don't matter to the producers.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread