+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: 11/8 Survivor 35 Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers ep 7 *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fanatic

Re: 11/8 Survivor 35 Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers ep 7 *West Coast Spoilers*

I'll never understand how people on Survivor can put away so much food, after eating so little for days, or weeks. I'm not as young and healthy as they are, but I've had times when I've eaten very little for a lot less time and when I could eat, I could only eat in small amounts at first. And not for lack of hunger, it's because your stomach actually shrinks a little when less food is ingested. So they must have really crammed all that food it and that doesn't sound pleasant at all !

I've guessed wrong the last 2 weeks about who was going, so either the editing is better or I'm not paying as much attention as I used to. Not sure which one !
    KTinCT and kev89 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrimble View Post
    They were afraid Toni0.5 (Joe) would use the idol, but instead of on himself, use it on Cole.
    Interestingly enough, Spencer tried to pull the same move on the real Tony at the same point in their season. Tony and LJ were the biggest physical threats in their alliance and they both had idols...Tony played his for LJ and LJ played his for Tony. But rather than try and guess who would play an idol, Spencer's alliance targeted a less threatening player in Jefra. Of course, the difference there was that Tony's group did get Kass to flip, meaning that Spencer's ally Sarah was taken out by one vote, Tony's group still took control of the game despite wasting two idols, and of course Tony ultimately won.

I guess this shows the importance of a solid social game. Even after wasting not one, but two idols, Tony still came out on top thanks to Kass flipping, whereas last night Ben and Lauren flipped on the Healers, leaving Joe to lose his idol and an ally.
    Fanny Mare and JosephD like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    Interestingly enough, Spencer tried to pull the same move on the real Tony at the same point in their season. Tony and LJ were the biggest physical threats in their alliance and they both had idols...Tony played his for LJ and LJ played his for Tony. But rather than try and guess who would play an idol, Spencer's alliance targeted a less threatening player in Jefra. Of course, the difference there was that Tony's group did get Kass to flip, meaning that Spencer's ally Sarah was taken out by one vote, Tony's group still took control of the game despite wasting two idols, and of course Tony ultimately won.

I guess this shows the importance of a solid social game. Even after wasting not one, but two idols, Tony still came out on top thanks to Kass flipping, whereas last night Ben and Lauren flipped on the Healers, leaving Joe to lose his idol and an ally.
    Gosh Kev, you remember so well. I have such trouble, I have to immediately go to Google!

'
    I'll never understand how people on Survivor can put away so much food, after eating so little for days, or weeks.
    My gran used to say, eyes bigger than your stomach, same on survivor!
    kev89 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
    It would’ve been awkward if I were there, because the first thing I’d have asked for is a Bloomin’ Onion, and they didn’t appear to have those.
    LOL, my girlfriend and I were talking this morning and wondering where the Bloomin' Onions were! You don't go to Outback without sharing a Bloomin' Onion! It's the best thing on the menu. And it won't kill you immediately, so there's that.
    Badseed, jucamer and Fanny Mare like this.
    Lynda

"...Meta-Foric-Cally!" Kocky_Kamikaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am not really liking this season the players all seem so stupid.
    I'm just glad there aren't really any sheeple...so far!
    Arielflies and allornothing like this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...she-went-home/

After reading this article I am glad Jessica is gone. "I have tons of best friends", "I know how to break up with people", "I would have made Mike play his idol for me" (paraphrasing a bit on the last comment). Arrogant much? Control freak much? Bully people much? Understand the virgin thing now? No one is good enough and you have to control everything. OTOH don't care. Why is that a thing you bring up so MILLIONS of people know? Do you advertise when you poop?
    No goat killers on my island.

The Healers are such a dysfunctional group despite having the fewest losses pre-merge. They’ve got the two least popular players in Joe and Cole, and then there was Jessica having her showmance with Cole, Mike who may have an idol, and Desi who’s a visisble challenge threat, and none of them with in-roads to the other teams, apart from Cole with Lauren. It’s no wonder they were so set on taking out the Healers
    kev89 and allornothing like this.
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due Oct 4)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Gosh Kev, you remember so well. I have such trouble, I have to immediately go to Google!
    Thanks, though I have to admit while I remembered Tony and Spencer, I did have to consult Wikipedia for the other names and to recap exactly what happened

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
    The Healers are such a dysfunctional group despite having the fewest losses pre-merge. They’ve got the two least popular players in Joe and Cole, and then there was Jessica having her showmance with Cole, Mike who may have an idol, and Desi who’s a visisble challenge threat, and none of them with in-roads to the other teams, apart from Cole with Lauren. It’s no wonder they were so set on taking out the Healers
    I think Dr. Mike was the one who had in-roads with Lauren as opposed to Cole, she did tell Dr. Mike, not Cole, about the Heroes and Hustlers plotting against them. He also had in-roads with Ben, though that may have been more so because Ben and Lauren were desperate to get Dr. Mike to flip against Cole and Jessica premerge.

I agree with your overall point though, aside from Dr. Mike, there hasn't been impressive social gameplay from the Healers. The fact that Devon was willing to risk a tie instead of taking the easy route voting with Joe and Desi for Ashley speaks volumes. Then there was Roark, the only Healer on her new tribe and she didn't even try to make in-roads with Chrissy and JP, assuming that Ali and Ryan would side with her. They aren't the first tribe to get complacent after an early immunity run.
    Badseed and JosephD like this.

I didn't mind seeing Jessica go. I would rather it have been Joe or Cole, but Jessica's fine too.

I know we have a lot of season left and so my mind could change later on but right now I'm hoping Dr. Mike or Ben wins.
    KTinCT, kev89, jucamer and 2 others like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    LOL, my girlfriend and I were talking this morning and wondering where the Bloomin' Onions were! You don't go to Outback without sharing a Bloomin' Onion! It's the best thing on the menu. And it won't kill you immediately, so there's that.
    As they were ordering their steaks custom-cooked, I looked at Mr. AZC and said what I always say, "I would like mine medium-rare without all that spicy crap on it. Just grill it."
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast