+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: 9/27 Survivor 35 Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers PREMIERE Night *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 9/27 Survivor 35 Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers PREMIERE Night *West Coast Spoiler

Good call by Chrissy. Unless she herself was the one getting voted out, it's a really bad idea to make a grand gesture of discord on the first day
    Brooks, MsFaninNJ and allornothing like this.
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due Oct 4)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

Re: 9/27 Survivor 35 Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers PREMIERE Night *West Coast Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    There's still the storyline of Ryan wondering what happened and his having told someone else about the idol. So the idol may no longer be in play but its aftermath might be.

Frankly, it's kind of wasted happening so early in the season because no one knows anything about anyone on the other tribes. Ryan doesn't get anything out of having found and hidden the idol.
    Last season (and I'm thinking at least the one or two seasons before it) had that legacy advantage hidden on the boat which granted immunity either at the merge or final 5, and had to be willed to someone else if its holder got voted out. I guess they wanted to try something different before the legacy idol got stale. That is a good point though, while the idol was never used, it did appear to solidify Ryan's bromance with Devon.

I'm thinking we might see this super idol come back in a future episode, where it again must be used at the next tribal council or not at all. Now that I think about it, no one found an idol last night. Must be the first time in a while no one found an idol during the premiere...Mike and I'm sure others were looking. Perhaps the regular hidden idols will be replaced entirely by these super idols that expire after the next tribal That would shake things up. On the one hand, it would be a guarantee of security at the next tribal since it can be played after the votes are read, but on the other no one would be able to hang on to their idol(s) for most of the game.
    Brooks, Silver18 and MsFaninNJ like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeekingDuck View Post
    As long as Survivor has been on TV, it makes me wonder why some of these players would come in so aggressive. Wonder what they do pre-show to get them worked up or is it their own crazy mind? I dunno, but if someone made me strip to show that I didn't have an idol (and well, let me just say, I wouldn't strip) my thoughts would not be... I need to align with this person.... just step away from the crazy..
    I don't like Alan, but I think JP took his own pants off, watching again, Alan said you don't have to do that. ..One thing Alan was right about,JP/Ashley vote as one if they are close..he still looked crazy the second time btw..
    PeekingDuck likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Interesting article from Katrina's point of view: 'Survivor' Season 35: The First One Out Reveals What Went Wrong | Hollywood Reporter. Alan, came up to Katrina and Ashley as they were talking and said to Ashley "Trina told me you (Ashley) had the idol". Alan is a pot stirrer and needs to go. You don't need this chaos this early in the game. Yes, keep your eye on the potential power couples but don't start the chaos too soon.
    Sk8Leigh, Brooks and AZChristian like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    There's still the storyline of Ryan wondering what happened and his having told someone else about the idol. So the idol may no longer be in play but its aftermath might be.

Frankly, it's kind of wasted happening so early in the season because no one knows anything about anyone on the other tribes. Ryan doesn't get anything out of having found and hidden the idol.
    On the other hand, he gave it to the person who "appeared" weakest at the challenge (because she was vomiting). If it would've been Katrina, then it would've made a difference. At that point, someone more physically abled would've gone, which helps his team in the short term (weaken another team) and his person game in the long run (get out a stronger player earlier on in the game). It just so happened he picked the wrong "older woman".

Quote Originally Posted by jeanne View Post
    Yes and she's a tough competitor. I'm surprised it wasn't used.
    Exactly...but I see that as the very reason not to get rid of her yet. Why weaken your team so early on? More strength, less likely to end up at TC to begin with. JMO

Loved the first episode.

I love when the show opens right away with playing. Loved the first get fire challenge. Probst with his comment about Hustlers on a different show. lol! Though I am glad they are not a terrible team who just bombed the 2nd challenge. That would be boring.

What else? Final tribal - OF COURSE I wanted Chrissy to play that super idol. How fun, plus I think Katrina would have been a good player. Disappointed on one hand. On the other hand, I don't think it was a good move for Chrissy. No reason to make the rest of the tribe upset with you, putting yourself at the bottom with the biggest target. You only save Katrina to go home next. AND I think keeping 2 people who are at odds keeps a bigger target away from you. Look I am a team player and they stop worrying about you and worry about the people in conflict.

Anyway, loved the first episode. Have some early favorites and some early dislikes. However, I can't remember anyone's name yet!

Loved the first episode, so happy Survivor is back!
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread