+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Survivor 35 Pool Thread

Survivor 35 Pool Thread

Hello vs howdy vs hi, everybody, and welcome to the Survivor 35 Fans of Reality TV Pool, your chance to show off your predictive powers! Here's the complete list of players n this season:

Heroes:

Alan
    Ashley
    Ben
    Chrissy
    JP
    Katrina

Healers:
    Cole
    Desi
    Jessica
    Joe
    Mike
    Roark

Hustlers:
    Ali
    Devon
    Lauren
    Patrick
    Ryan
    Simone

For this pool, you will rank all the survivors based on how successful you think they'll be, with the most successful on top, and the least successful on the bottom. At any given time, the top 5 players on your list are the ones you have in play, and those 5 players' performances will gain, or lose points for you. The players in positions 2-5 will score as normally, whilst the player at the top of your list is your captain, who will score you double points. If you lose one of your active players, then everyone floats up one place, and the player in the #6 slot joins your team next week, and so on.

I've added two scoring changes to make things a bit more interesting, and make it so that every ranking counts.
    First, you will always have a captain - if you lose your standing captain, then your #2 player matriculates up to #1, becomes your new captain, and scores double for as long as they survive.

Second, when the person at the bottom of your list gets voted out or leaves the game for any reason, you will receive 5 points. That's a total of 70 points up for grabs if you rank it perfectly, and games have been won by slimmer margins, so make every rank count.

If you're interested in playing, all you have to do is post a team name, and your rankdown of the players, with the most successful on top, and the least successful on the bottom. Please do not include any numbers, commas, or anything except names - I'll be entering this into Excel and anything extraneous will cause an error. Here's an example ranking:

Alan
    Ashley
    Ben
    Chrissy
    JP
    Katrina
    Cole
    Desi
    Jessica
    Joe
    Mike
    Roark
    Ali
    Devon
    Lauren
    Patrick
    Ryan
    Simone

In this hypothetical, Alan is my captain, he'll score me double points, while Ashley, Ben, Chrissy, and JP score normally. If Ashley, Ben, Chrissy, or JP gets voted out, Katrina joins my team the following week. If Alan gets voted out, Katrina joins, and Ashley becomes my captain. And the process repeats every time I lose one of my players.
    Also you'll observe that I've placed Simone bottom. On the week she gets voted out, I'll score 5 points. After that, if Ryan is still in the game, I'll get 5 points on the week he's voted out. If he's already gone at that point, then I'll score when the lowest-ranked of the still-active players gets voted out.
    Here's the scoring criteria:

Entries must be finalized by Oct 4th; 7:59 PM EST. This will allow you to watch Episode 1 to gather information, then spend a week deciding. You of course, do not need to rank whoever gets voted out in Episode 1.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Good luck, and happy hustling!
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due Oct 4)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Survivor 35 Pool Thread

Looking forward to it! I especially like the addition of giving a bonus for the player at the bottom of your list going out. Sometimes even if you can't pick a winner, you might at least be able to guess who will be sent packing first. Great idea!
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Starting to put this together now.

Forgot to mention - give yourself a team name too, to make it more interesting
    Pool History:

I like the new ranking system. And I love the deduction for someone asking to be voted out. I don't remember that before.

Well, you can sure tell it's Fall. Premieres...pools...I gotta get my behind in gear and read these bios.

Count me in.

I'll fill in the blanks later.
    ilja likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

If I don't do this now, I'll miss the deadline. October is a busy month for me.

POOL NAME: Not Fast, Just Furious

POOL RANKING:

JP
    BEN
    CHRISSY
    DESI
    RYAN
    JESSICA
    ALI
    DEVON
    JOE
    MIKE
    ALAN
    KATRINA
    SIMONE
    LAUREN
    COLE
    PATRICK
    ASHLEY
    ROARK

I moved Simone around in my ranking about a ba-jillion times. I just don't know about her. Other than saying one of her hobbies is 'complaining,' she comes across as likeable, intelligent and ambitious in her written bio, but she comes across a little arrogant in her video bio. I might be moving her again.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Cool, thanks for entering. If you don't get a chance to submit again, I'll remove whichever person(s) gets voted out in episode 1. Also, if anyone forgets to rank any players, I'll assume you didn't like them very much and randomly arrange them at the bottom.
    JosephD likes this.
    Pool History:

This sounds like fun. I hope I get off my lazy butt and come up with a list on time. Thank you for doing it and your new bottom dweller point chance.
    Will you accept my Frankie & Lost in Space Debbie hair violin playing Mirror-ball dancing Indian giver rose from an always a bridesmaid egotistical Big Brother repeat loser who got beat by a pan-banging meatball ?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    This sounds like fun. I hope I get off my lazy butt and come up with a list on time. Thank you for doing it and your new bottom dweller point chance.
    How about making something as a placeholder now? You may surprise yourself with how strong your gut instinct is
    ilja likes this.
    Pool History:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast