+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Survivor 35 Pool Thread

Re: Survivor 35 Pool Thread

JosephD scores are missing too. But having a fixing mistake feature is a good idea Badseed!

Let me know if anyone finds any other mistakes- I want to correct them all at once if I can
    kev89 likes this.
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due Oct 4)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

In the third chart down, you have Cole coded as a Hero.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

For the Sits out Challenge penalty, it appears that you deducted 15 points from Joe, while there's just a 0 under Lauren. There's also a ? in the first column of that category, as there was on the first page (maybe that was a placeholder for when you were deciding the values). So, I'm not sure what the value is supposed to be, but I imagine they're both mistakes...obviously you'll deduct some points, but 15 does seem kind of harsh considering that's also the penalty for quitting. Even Simone only lost 10 points for getting voted out It just dawned on me though that the zero for Lauren might be because her tribe lost, she didn't earn any points this week, and we don't have negative points, so the only mistakes might be the question mark and Joe's 15 point deduction.

Don't sweat the mistakes Badseed, I'm sure there'd be far more if I was doing this. All your hard work (and your corrections) is much appreciated
    Sk8Leigh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    For the Sits out Challenge penalty, it appears that you deducted 15 points from Joe, while there's just a 0 under Lauren. There's also a ? in the first column of that category, as there was on the first page (maybe that was a placeholder for when you were deciding the values). So, I'm not sure what the value is supposed to be, but I imagine they're both mistakes...obviously you'll deduct some points, but 15 does seem kind of harsh considering that's also the penalty for quitting. Even Simone only lost 10 points for getting voted out It just dawned on me though that the zero for Lauren might be because her tribe lost, she didn't earn any points this week, and we don't have negative points, so the only mistakes might be the question mark and Joe's 15 point deduction.

Don't sweat the mistakes Badseed, I'm sure there'd be far more if I was doing this. All your hard work (and your corrections) is much appreciated
    The sit outs, I can confirm is correct. What I'm doing there is saying "Your team won the challenge, but you sat out so you don't get the points." For Joe that means gain 15 for the victory, but lose 15 for sitting out, so it's not a loss, it's a net of zero. Lauren's team lost, so they all got 0 points, so for sitting out she gets -0. (I know that part doesn't mean anything, but I work in finance so meticulous recordkeeping is important to me.) As you can see, the number of points they lose in that row depends on how their team does, that's why it's a question mark.

I'll monitor how much the sit-out penalty affects the scores, and if it skews them too much, I'll change it in the future.
    CupidGuest, Sk8Leigh and kev89 like this.
    Pool History:

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
    The sit outs, I can confirm is correct. What I'm doing there is saying "Your team won the challenge, but you sat out so you don't get the points." For Joe that means gain 15 for the victory, but lose 15 for sitting out, so it's not a loss, it's a net of zero. Lauren's team lost, so they all got 0 points, so for sitting out she gets -0. (I know that part doesn't mean anything, but I work in finance so meticulous recordkeeping is important to me.) As you can see, the number of points they lose in that row depends on how their team does, that's why it's a question mark.

I'll monitor how much the sit-out penalty affects the scores, and if it skews them too much, I'll change it in the future.
    Ah, got it! I actually really like your logic of subtracting the points their tribe got for winning (or getting second in) the challenge I don't think there will be a problem with this skewing the scores as you're only taking the points that they would have gotten for their tribe's performance away. The "you can't sit out back to back challenges" rule will also help to prevent any one player from being in that situation several times.
    CupidGuest likes this.

Here are the fixed tables, I'm hoping everything's sorted now. Idle Idols is the biggest winner of this adjustment, jumping up a fair number of places. RiNGO our non-human player is the big loser, his loss of captain taking away all the points that the rest of his team earned, leaving him scoreless for the week. We've got a 7-way tie for 4th place, so it remains very crowded at the top.

Arielflies, kev89 and JosephD like this.
    Pool History:

Badseed, I really love that last chart ^^^^ on Team Progress. So cool to see at-a-glance where everyone ranked their team members.
    Sk8Leigh, kev89 and Badseed like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Awesome, thanks! That one took the most innovating so I'm glad it came out good.
    Arielflies and kev89 like this.
    Pool History:

Yeah...cool team progress chart!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast