+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Desiree "Desi" Williams - Survivor 35 Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

Desiree "Desi" Williams - Survivor 35 Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

Biography
    Hometown: Peachtree City, Ga.
    Current Residence: Newport News, Va.

Hobbies: Traveling the world, participating in pageants, and going to the gym.

Pet peeves: I can't stand people who are all talk. I work my butt off every day so I have little patience for laziness. I expect to see results and have no problem calling someone out if they don't deliver.

Three words to describe you: Congenial, forthright, and unremitting.

What's your personal claim to fame?
    I became an assistant professor at the age of 26 and a program director at the age of 27. They don't just hand out those titles to anyone.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
    My grandmother. A survivor of the Great Depression, the civil right's movement, a divorce, and her second husband's fatal illness, she demonstrated unmatched resilience, resolve, and compassion. But above all, she played as hard as she worked and literally lived each day to the fullest. In honor of her legacy, I attempt to live my life without regrets.

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why?
    First would be Chapstick because there's nothing sexy or seductive about cracked lips (arguably, this could be survival related since it would hinder my ability to seduce the opposite sex). Second would be an unlimited supply of food because I've seen the show and those people get hangry quick! Finally, a masseuse because I love being pampered.

Which Survivor contestant are you most like?
    Tasha from Season 28. Though Tasha was casted for the "brains" tribe, she had the social skills of the beauty tribe and certainly the strength of the brawn tribe. She played a good game and was undoubtedly a fierce, physical competitor. I was able to relate to Tasha because I also think I'll be a physical, social, and cognitive threat.

What's your reason for being on Survivor?
    Winning one million dollars! Professionally and personally, I don't love where I am and would be so grateful for a clear path out. I've also told the people close to me that I'd love to spend some time living out of a backpack, traveling, and showering only a few times a week... so being on Survivor would be a dream come true.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
    Charm, wit, beauty, mental fortitude, physical strength—all of these traits and more will ensure I'm the Sole Survivor. Already in good shape, I will show up on the island the strongest, quickest, most powerful and agile I've ever been. Borrowing from my childhood love of puzzles and games or logic and strategy, my mental sharpness will be at its peak. A natural academician, I will arrive having not only watched, but studied the game. If you combine those traits with my will to win and my expertise in gaining feigned camaraderie, I'm nearly unbeatable.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/215726/
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Re: Desiree "Desi" Williams - Survivor 35 Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

She's going to pop off too many times, complaining about people who don't meet her standards-and this will be everyone, because she's perfect and not afraid to say it.
    If you choose to come across as superior, you will be a goner.
    waywyrd and mayamaisha like this.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

She had me right up to the 'Chapstick.' At first, I thought, "Good choice" since I'm a Chapstick-aholic too. But when she cited her reason for wanting Chapstick I was meh. Why is looking sexy and seductive important when you're stranded on an island? Gurl, don't be one of those.

I'm still ranking her high in my pool because her 'Personal claim to fame' and '.... Inspiration' sections read like she's a woman who has drive.
    Dukie likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Eh. She's a little too full of herself...I don't see the comparison to Tasha, whom I really liked.
    holly71 and redsox girl like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Chapstick for seducing?

Endless supply of food - low fruit on the tree answer.

Not an early favorite for me.

Se's not really my type, she's not even the most good-looking woman on this season IMO
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due Oct 4)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

FORT Fogey

I'm rooting for her!

I became an assistant professor at the age of 26 and a program director at the age of 27. They don't just hand out those titles to anyone.
    Googling, she's Director of the William R. Harvey Leadership Institute, an assistant professor of physical therapy at Hampton University, and has won Miss Virginia USA.

I'm not sure she has enough self-awareness for the social game.

FORT Fan

I'm actually a personal friend of Desi's. She is a former Miss Virginia (Miss America) and Miss Virginia (USA). She is very engaging, warm, intelligent, confident, but humble. I suspect that she will do well. The tone of that fact sheet is misleading. Trust me!
    Brooks, tetrimble, Dukie and 3 others like this.
    Trust Me!

I feel like a few of her answers are somewhat contradictory.

But yeah, a bit too much of braggadocio, IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast