+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Roark Luskin - Survivor 35 Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

Re: Roark Luskin - Survivor 35 Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    We'll see, I think Max Scherzer might have something to say about that
    He can't start tonight, though. But wondering if they're going to start with Gio or Tanner. Either way, after the first few innings, they could bring Max in if needed. Do or die, let's not have a repeat of past seasons!!
    kev89 likes this.

Well, at least we saw the elusive Roark last night. I don't recall her AT ALL!!!

I seriously hope she isn't like the Michelle edit from a recent season (see, that's how much I remember her). As I recall, it wasn't until it was down to about 6 or 7 left that she ended up getting any significant air time.
    dagwood and kev89 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrimble View Post
    He can't start tonight, though. But wondering if they're going to start with Gio or Tanner. Either way, after the first few innings, they could bring Max in if needed. Do or die, let's not have a repeat of past seasons!!
    I made that post before game 3, which the Nats sadly lost (though Max had an awesome debut coming back from his hammy issue). But yes, not sure who I'd rather see start between Gio or Tanner. Regardless, Max and whoever of the two doesn't get the start should be in the bullpen ready to go, all hands on deck!

Well, at least we saw the elusive Roark last night. I don't recall her AT ALL!!!

I seriously hope she isn't like the Michelle edit from a recent season (see, that's how much I remember her). As I recall, it wasn't until it was down to about 6 or 7 left that she ended up getting any significant air time.
    Yes, I kind of screamed when she got that confessional I agree though, part of what made Michelle winning disappointing was that we barely saw her until towards the end. I know there wasn't much they could use since she was on a winning tribe until the merge, but they could have given us more. It's early yet, hopefully we'll get to know Roark (and Desi) after next week's swap.

I'm loving the fact that since I've posted, every post on Roark's thread has either been about how invisible she is or the Nats-Cubs playoff series. Sorry Roark, didn't mean to hijack your thread But on that note...

Wearing my Nat's shirt right now....already for Game 5!!!! Let's do it!!!
    Hell yeah!!!! May tonight be the game where the Nats finally make it past the NLDS!!!!

Hell yeah!!!! May tonight be the game where the Nats finally make it past the NLDS!!!!
    ...Or not That was a crazy game, with such a heartbreaking ending. Sigh, another year, another NLDS collapse for the Nats. Guess it's off to watch the Capitals...they're off to a great start, probably on their way to another playoffs collapse next spring, but hey the Nats will be just starting off so the cycle can continue

This whole conversation began because by far the most noteworthy thing about Roark (to me) was her shared name with Nationals pitcher Tanner Roark. Sadly, Tanner has had about as big a role in the Nats 2017 postseason (he didn't pitch once) as Roark Luskin has had on this season of Survivor

I don't think Roark will be invisible all season - her entire tribe has been invisible because they've won immunity every time so far
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due Oct 4)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
    I don't think Roark will be invisible all season - her entire tribe has been invisible because they've won immunity every time so far
    While I'm sure Roark's invisibility has a lot to do with the Healers immunity run, I wouldn't call Mike, Joe, Cole, or Jessica invisible. Even Desi got some time last week, as I believe she was the one who offered to eat Joe's "raw" food before he tossed it away. But I do agree that we'll probably get to know her better whenever she ends up on a losing tribe, or at the very latest at the merge.

This thread is now on its third page...none of the other cast this season is up to two pages yet. I might be to blame, I was the first to post after the premiere with the Tanner Roark reference. What has followed has been tetrimble and I bonding over our love of the Washington Nationals, some good natured ribbing with Cubs fan dagwood, and of course a bunch of comments about how invisible Roark has been. It kind of blows my mind that a thread about a player who has been invisible the whole game thus far has so much more activity than every other cast thread, even if half the posts are about Tanner Roark and baseball instead of Survivor. Not sure if I should be proud or not
    tetrimble likes this.

This thread is now on its third page...none of the other cast this season is up to two pages yet. I might be to blame, I was the first to post after the premiere with the Tanner Roark reference. What has followed has been tetrimble and I bonding over our love of the Washington Nationals, some good natured ribbing with Cubs fan dagwood, and of course a bunch of comments about how invisible Roark has been. It kind of blows my mind that a thread about a player who has been invisible the whole game thus far has so much more activity than every other cast thread, even if half the posts are about Tanner Roark and baseball instead of Survivor. Not sure if I should be proud or not
    It sure made me curious! Every time I logged on to see what was new, the Roark thread had more entries! I kept wondering what you all could be saying about Roark so much? I barely know this player, and she's got the most buzz of anyone! So, baseball explains it.... Ha!
    kev89 likes this.

I'm loving the fact that since I've posted, every post on Roark's thread has either been about how invisible she is or the Nats-Cubs playoff series. Sorry Roark, didn't mean to hijack your thread But on that note...
    I was so disappointed. And still shaking my head. What was Dusty thinking???? You don't even use your most rested pitcher to start??? He's the reason this thread was hi-jacked!!

Anyway, I guess we can give THIS Roark her thread back now!!!
    kev89 likes this.

I was so disappointed. And still shaking my head. What was Dusty thinking???? You don't even use your most rested pitcher to start??? He's the reason this thread was hi-jacked!!

Anyway, I guess we can give THIS Roark her thread back now!!!
    I wondered what Dusty was thinking, myself.

Roark can have it back, now.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Guys...you do realize we have an under-utilized Baseball thread in the sports forum, right? Here is the link: Baseball 2017: Pre-Season, Regular Season and Post Season
    FireWoman and Dukie like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast