+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: General Survivor question for all

FORT Fan

Re: General Survivor question for all

I love your idea about no idols, with the players not knowing about it. As an alternative, I'd be fine with one idol, but the players don't realize that there won't be anymore.
    Dukie and kev89 like this.

I agree with not too many idols. I am ok with none, or a few, but there should never be a lot. It should be a very rare thing.

I liked the SuperIdol from this season but ONLY because it was the first tribal and could only be used at the first tridal.

Basically I am good with idols if they give a nice shake up to the game, but anytime there is too much power in play it makes it boring.

I do like Jeff talking a lot. I don't think he talks too much. MAybe bc I often watch while doing laundry or dishes - so my visual focus is partially missing.

I, too, loved when the show incorporated the local culture and they went different places, however, I recently read an article that they are going to base themselves out of Fiji. it was an interview with Jeff and explained why they chose that.
    kev89 likes this.

FORT Fogey Ms.pacman New Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion awesomekina23's Avatar

- I agree with everyone else here about new locations. I understand they want to save money by having back to back seasons in the same location but they don't need back to back to back to back to back seasons in the same location. New scenery mixes it up. I remember how excited I was getting to see places like Africa, Amazon, Pearl Islands, Palau, Guatemala, and China for the first time. And I remember the renewed hype the show got when it went to China. That "unique" element is definitely missing from each season. And there's so many fun places they could go! India, Japan, Vietnam, Peru, maybe even somewhere in Europe!

- They did this in Cambodia and I wish they continued with it but I miss the nighttime challenges from old seasons where they race and answer questions after hearing a story about the country/culture. I also miss the challenge where they have to create something that has to be seen from a helicopter/boat. The luxury items helped with this (and I miss those too!)

- The car reward challenge! It added a fun element to the show seeing people get jealous of the person who won it.

- The full intro sequence.

- Final 2 because it's usually more dramatic.

- Rites of Passage since it tied the season together nicely.

- More adventure and character scenes. It doesn't need to be strategy, strategy, and more strategy the entire hour. you used to feel like you got to know castmembers better and the interpersonal drama was always fun. The unlikely friendships were interesting like Paschal and Sean, Richard and Rudy (and they fleshed out those friendships well).

- Less idols and advantages. It's getting ridiculous.

- Non-themed seasons. They're starting to get corny.
    kev89 likes this.

I just want it to be "real" Survivor where they actually survived a grueling experience like in the beginning. They should never get so much food they gain weight.

I also love the idea of a season without idols and it being a total secret to freak everyone out.
    dagwood and kev89 like this.
    Will you accept my Daddy's Mirror-ball dancing temporary rose from a hustling meatball jury member?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I just want it to be "real" Survivor where they actually survived a grueling experience like in the beginning. They should never get so much food they gain weight.

I also love the idea of a season without idols and it being a total secret to freak everyone out.
    So evil, so fun, please let them do it.
    kev89 likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

FORT Regular

"I recently read an article that they are going to base themselves out of Fiji."

I saw that too. Jeff said he would be fine with all future seasons being in Fiji. It's definitely beautiful, but I miss seeing different parts of the world that I will mostly likely never visit.
    kev89 and allornothing like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12