+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Survivor 35 - Media

Survivor 35 - Media

Not wasting any time at all, the theme of the next Survivor has already been revealed. It's going to be the same theme as Worlds Apart, except with "pink collars" rather than "no collars" as the third tribe. And if you though "Millennials vs Gen X" was the worst season name they could think of, hold onto your hats, because Season 35 is... Survivor: Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers.

Survivor Season 35 Theme and Title Revealed : Inside Survivor

Survivor Season 35 Cast Revealed : Inside Survivor

I'm disappointed that the cast only has one person over 40 so far, I hope they aren't going the way of Big Brother and only casting twentysomething mactors (model/actor). No word on location, hopefully they're moving on from Fiji.
    kev89 and allornothing like this.
    Pools I'm running: Survivor: (Due Oct 4)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

Re: Survivor 35 - Media

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
    Survivor: Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers.
    For Healers I was thinking of a tribe of Doctors and Nurses, but the link says more along the lines of therapists and Yoga Instructors
    For Hustlers I was thinking along the lines of professional gamblers. But these are the white collar jobs.

Not sure I am loving the naming of this one, it's a bit confusing. And I agree with you that I prefer a mix of ages and types of people rather than just 1 token older person who gets voted off first.

But I tend to love most Survivor seasons (for the most part) so I will stay cautiously optimistic . . . .for now.
    kev89 likes this.

I will be disappointed if the merge tribe name isn't Hubert H Humphreys.
    Brooks, kev89 and Miss Scarlet like this.
    Pool History:

Ugh, that is a lame title. And the twist is pretty lame...I'm getting tired of all these group A vs. group B vs. group C gimmick seasons. Seriously, I think everyone of the past five or six seasons has either been one of those gimmicks or returning players On a more optimistic note, if there's a strong cast then the entertainment they bring us should overshadow the lameness of the gimmicky theme. The first Brains vs. Brawn vs. Beauty demonstrated that. So did Cook Islands way back in the day, which began with that silly gimmick of tribes divided by race, but thanks to a strong cast ended up being one of my all time favorite seasons. Though I agree that things don't look very promising if there's only one castaway over 40 and most of them are mactors
    allornothing likes this.

That's what I don't understand. So many regular people apply to be on this show, why do we get so many people that are cast because they know someone or are scouted by a producer? You have a ton of Survivor fans out there, use them!
    holly71 likes this.
    You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.

I'm OK with the gimmick this time. I hated the Brains/Brawn/Beauty one. Those are 3 classifications that are way too superficial, leaning toward looking their noses down on the others.
    This one at least puts a positive spin on all 3 labels, although calling a Yoga Instructor a "Healer" is a bit of a stretch.
    It also seems to put some emphasis on their capabilities rather than God given physical/mental attributes.

I'm just glad the show seems to be steering away from "Hook-up Survivor" with hot but vapid contestants. We had way too many seasons of that. I quit watching for a while because of that.
    It also looks, at this point, like all newbies. I like that. I don't want to watch any more Pros who have experience.

It's got my interest enough to get me to watch, at least the first 2 episodes, when I'll decide if it looks interesting or not.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

I'm either going to really, really like bellhop Ryan.... or really, really be annoyed by him.

As for the cast as a whole, there's not enough diversity, IMO.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Update; the full cast has been revealed, the "Season 35" link in the fist post now has the full cast.
    Pool History:

Press release: Fiji is such an optimal location that Jeff Probst never wants to leave. It's a shame because I liked how each location brought a new aestetic and environment. They're REALLY going to have to lean on themes now. I fear what's lower in the barrel than Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers.

Survivor: Jeff Probst wants show to stay in Fiji permanently
    Pool History:

Jeff must have bought a vacation home there.
    Brooks likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast