+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: 5/17 Survivor 34 Game Changers Episode 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 5/17 Survivor 34 Game Changers Episode 13 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Women can never seem to work together on this show. I still remember the guy who played with 6 or 7 women and he was always the one set to go, but he ended up winning because the ladies couldn't stick with the plan.
    It's ironic, because the last successful women's alliance also involved Cirie.

I too would like to know why they voted out Michaela.
    allornothing likes this.
    Pools I'm running: Masterchef Junior:(Due March 1) Survivor:(Due March 14)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I said it last week and I'll say it again... it just isn't entertaining to me when I have no idea what is going on. They could give us a few more crumbs.
    I agree. I read an interview where explained what went on that day and we saw NONE of that so it's like the viewers get blindsided every week even if the players truly don't.

I'll copy and paste a snippet of the interview that explains a little of what happened.

Wigler: Everything happened so fast, so walk me through it. Put us in your shoes. Going into Tribal Council, what was the game plan?

Michaela: Hereís the crazy thing. Going into Tribal Council, the almost unanimous plan was to vote out Aubry. All the scrambling you all saw on the beach, thatís because there are certain pockets of people who wanted to vote out Sarah. Me being one of them. But the people who wanted to vote out Sarah never came and talked to me.

Wigler: Like who?

Michaela: Brad, Troyzan, Aubry and Tai were trying to get together to vote for Sarah. But Aubry and Tai were the weird ones. What ended up happening is either Aubry or Tai backed out of the plan, and then it was a race of who is going to get to Sarah first and let her know. Aubry gets to Cirie, and Cirie thinks that she needs to tell Sarah what Aubry just told her. Cirie trusts Aubry, but Sarah trusts Tai. Now Cirie wants to get rid of Tai for some reason. Cirie becomes hellbent on getting rid of Tai, to the point that she wants to take Sarahís advantage and steal Sarahís vote just to vote out Tai. Itís just too much. But we hungry at this point. I donít know. (Laughs.) Itís just too much extra. But Cirie was hellbent on getting rid of Tai, and the majority was supposed to vote Aubry, and when the advantage fell through, Sarahís all on the fritz, and sheís like, ďI donít want to get rid of Aubry now. I want to get rid of Cirie.Ē But somehow, the whispers go from Aubry to Tai to Cirie to Michaela, and Michaela gets four votes and goes home.

ETA the entire interview. It's a good read, and explains why Cirie didn't see the non transferable part. Sarah promised to give her the advantage early in the day but didn't actually give it to her until right before tribal, so Cirie didn't have a chance to examine it well.

https://parade.com/572454/joshwigler...xit-interview/
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 05-18-2017 at 09:40 PM.
    holly71, Punkin, Gutmutter and 3 others like this.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Cirie, Oh My Gosh. Hope she survives.
    With Sarah having the legacy advantage, Tai and Troyzan having three idols between them and Brad Culpeper being a challenge threat, it's hard to see Cirie surviving the next vote. If Cirie can somehow crawl out of this one, I'll be MAJORLY impressed.
    Arielflies and allornothing like this.

FORT Fanatic

"But we hungry..." Ugh. Hope that was just a typo/transcription error.

KeepIt - thanks for posting. As much as Cirie wanted to get rid of Tai, she ended up voting for Aubrey?
    KeepItReal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101 View Post
    "But we hungry..." Ugh. Hope that was just a typo/transcription error.

KeepIt - thanks for posting. As much as Cirie wanted to get rid of Tai, she ended up voting for Aubrey?
    I'm guessing she voted how Sarah told her to vote, and Sarah probably told her that in order to blindside her.

Like I said before, huge mistake not to let them take out Sarah if they wanted to, and the blood would not have been on her hands at taking out someone who is strong and as the numbers get so low really needed to go. She made the mistake of not knowing when to cut her loose, and in the end gave her so much more control in the game.

My pet peeve this time is that as we get to the end there are so many idols and advantages in the game. Don't think a game changer season should have had so many crutches to assist in the game play. I think they should have taken it back a little more old school.

I also noticed that Michaela sometimes wasn't as dominant in challenges when she eventually got to play. She did well, but she was not the Michaela of last season. I wonder if part of that had to do with the fact that she said she and Zeke only had about 10 days off between ending last season and starting to film this one.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Yeah. If Cirie ever wanted to get Sarah out, now would have been the time. She had warned her about Tai, and Sarah didn't believe her, so it wouldn't have been Cirie's fault if Sarah'd been voted out.

I do think the women haven't been very smart about eliminating each other. It will be very sad if Brad, Troyzan, and Tai end up being the final people standing when the women were doing a much better job overall of playing the game. (Though if one considers the Outlast part, I guess that's not true, since they weren't smart enough to get the guys (or at least Brad) out when they had the numbers.)
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I've never been a fan of Cirie. I disliked her in her first go-round, and never changed my mind about her. I just find her useless.

I'm just ready for it to be over. I've enjoyed it, but it's time. No real favorite here either.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Yeah. If Cirie ever wanted to get Sarah out, now would have been the time. She had warned her about Tai, and Sarah didn't believe her, so it wouldn't have been Cirie's fault if Sarah'd been voted out.

I do think the women haven't been very smart about eliminating each other. It will be very sad if Brad, Troyzan, and Tai end up being the final people standing when the women were doing a much better job overall of playing the game. (Though if one considers the Outlast part, I guess that's not true, since they weren't smart enough to get the guys (or at least Brad) out when they had the numbers.)
    I so agree. The women are 'eating themselves alive' while the men just sit and watch.

My head is spinning as I read Michala's account of what happened. No wonder they are confused and surprised each week.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post
    What an entertaining episode! Watching Michaela get voted out by the very advantage she could have had in her possession but overlooked was such poetic karma after just having watched her snark at Brad to go and 'fish her up some food' while he was out in the woods gathering twigs for the fire, minding his own business, not bothering anyone. Loved it!
    I think she didn't mean to be snarky, I think she just biffed up the delivery. She meant to say something like "They're thinking about voting you out. If you go fishing right now, that'll take a lot of heat off of you because #1, they'll be grateful for the food, and #2, you won't look like you're searching for the idol."
    KeepItReal and allornothing like this.
    Pools I'm running: Masterchef Junior:(Due March 1) Survivor:(Due March 14)
    Pool History:
    Masterchef 5: Cutting Board Game Hunters: Second to Last
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur - 200k DNA - Pool Winner; Kaoh Rong - Fourth Place
    Hell's Kitchen 7 - The Boulevard of Frozen Dreams - Wooden Pitchfork

Naw...she was always hungry and wanted fish NOW!
    Allysense likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread