The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
I don't know if it was last season but there was this same challenge where the winner had to choose only 1 person to share the food but there was no reward of IMMUNITY. And then Jeff gave this twist that they have the option to switch places and give the food to the non-winners instead. The winner took the option to switch and the one who thought she'd be eating was so pissed because she didn't get to eat. If I won that, I would consult with the person I selected first because that would seem unfair to that person if I gave the food away without his/her blessing. Secondly, I probably would have kept the food anyway because it's just not fair to the person I selected who thought he/she was going to eat with me, plus I played hard to get that food.
Monica did the right thing. She anticipated that the above will happen. There was so much food and two will not be able to finish it. She avoided making that decision by just giving the food away without having to screw someone. I didn't think that was even an option that Jeff gave but they allowed her to do it probably because they were going to do the above. She double-dipped in that she avoided putting herself in a predicament and at the same time made her tribe happy and the chance to get herself further in the game. The immunity was all she needed, that's the reward she wanted and didn't care about the food anyway because it's not the kind of stuff she eats. With that kind of body, she probably just eats rice everyday as a regular meal.
So there is a potential blindside on Tyson next week. I have a feeling it's going to blowup. I think Gervase will rat on them. Perhaps they were just trying to make Ciera or Katie feel that they are not in the bottom of the totem pole. It seems that Tyson was playing his hand too far out and everyone noticed that he is taking control. When Ciera told them that they should split the votes between Katie and Laura M., Tyson didn't buy it (because the pair could talk to Katie to vote off someone else in their alliance, automatic 3 votes that could go against him). So later he told everyone to stick with the plan of voting off Laura M. That of course made everyone aware that he is controlling the game and want to blindside him in the next episode.
I really don't think that the women would have created their own alliance only because they are scared of the pair of Cierra and Laura M. They are considered automatic 2 votes so if you are in an alliance of 4 with them it's too risky as they can convince your only alliance to turn on you and the votes will go 3-1 easily. So it's a good strategy to just split the pair and be done with it. Ciera had this "oh please stop talking Mom!" face in TC when her mom was mouthing out again. Again, Ciera will be rooting against her mom in RI, LOL.1. Hayden - Kat’s boyfriend won “Big Brother.” He’s a good guy, good looking, charming, I root for him. I didn’t see the “Big Brother” season he was on, but I can tell why he won.
2. Aras - Aras is probably the most boring winner we’ve ever had, but it’s because he’s so good at keeping things in check. He knows where his center is and he doesn’t let you get to him. He comes back at you with love. It makes if very difficult to get rid of him even though you know you should. Why am I going to get rid of Aras when I can get rid of someone else? That’s Aras’s charm.
3. Vytas – Aras’s brother is also up here as a possible winner, which is pretty amazing. Vytas would win a very different game. I’m guessing Vytas’s game would be a little darker, a little manipulative. Vytas’s story would be, “I’m the underdog and I’m truly creating a second chance in my life.” He had a rough younger part of his life, was hooked on drugs and has recovered. He’s been sober for 14 years and has really made something of his life.
4. Caleb - Instantly liked him, maybe five seconds after he started talking I wanted him on the show and I thought he could actually win. He’s the guy you want to win. He doesn’t have a big sense of self. He clearly takes care of Colton and as he said in casting, “When I want something I let Colton know. I’m not a doormat. Colton doesn’t always say the brightest things and I try to help him be a better person, and together we’re a really strong couple.” Caleb would be one of the best winners ever.
5. John – Doctor, helps out wounded vets, good looking, extremely likable, always seems to say the right thing. If that guy gets deep into the game he could win. So, we have on my winners list here, five men…no women.
6. Tina - Well…there is a possible winner wild card. I was really bummed when she was voted out early the second time around. I think Tina could win this game, her only obstacle is she’s the oldest woman out there and people judge older women as weak. But Tina lives this life. She lives out there, she takes showers outdoors. She can do this. I hope she finds an alliance that gives her a chance. She’s really good strategically.
7. Ciera – And you know what? I’m going to put Ciera up here as a possible contender. Ciera is a really interesting woman. A really young mom. She’s extremely proud of that. But Ciera is not someone that anyone is going to walk over. She has several guns, she votes against gay rights. I’m looking at her thinking, for you to get my vote…huge obstacles. But if you can prove to me that you’re worthy, then I’ll let the fact that we disagree politically go and give you the million. I think Ciera could earn it.
I have no problem with Ciera voting her mother off. This is a game! Her logic was sound. A pair cannot make it to the end together. Better she stay than her mom, of course. They already voted Laura out once, for cryin' out loud. No brainer.
I don't find the relationship between Ciera and her Mom interesting enough to be given as much time as it was. We've heard what Laura has to say about her daughter like 100 times in almost exactly the same words. Ciera wants to win and doesn't give a dang if her Mom wants to win as well, she knows her Mom will sacrifice herself so she just walks over her.
They still could have gone with a woman's alliance. I generally don't like gender alliances, but in this case I think the women were dumb not to start one last episode. I think if they'd brought it up with Caleb or Hayden this episode, especially after the immunity challenge, they could have had something.
It's funny, while I didn't really remember Laura M. either, I found myself strangely touched when she was talking about how as a mom, she would be proud of Cierra for being confident enough to choose her own path, even if it meant voting her mom out of the game. I kind of got that. My twins just turned thirteen, and it is bittersweet in many ways, seeing them both as small children but also young women who are growing up and away from you. I like the glimpses into these relationships, both Cierra and Laura, and Vytas and Aras. It beats the heck out of watching someone like Brandon Hantz implode in front of my eyes.
I can see how it would be tough having Aras as a brother... better looking, smarter, and nicer! And if you are mean to him he's just nice back to you--enraging! I can really see how just once Vytas wants to be better... well, he's at least finishing a little higher up....
Re remembering Terry--wasn't he that incredibly arrogant firefighter? Very good looking older guy--looked like he could be on the local station's calendar. I disliked him so much that I actually missed some episodes... which is maybe why I don't recall Aras....
Terry won 5 immunity challenges and 4 reward challenges in a row. He also found the immunity idol on exile island, but he never had to play it because he kept winning immunity. A poster above said he was arrogant, but to me that's just the pilot in him. He also got his start as a naval aviator. WatchTop Gun if you want to see the attitude that is commonplace among them. I've never met a pilot who wasn't on the cocky side, and I've never met a Navy pilot who wasn't super cocky. You'd have to be cocky to have the cool to land an aircraft, especially in a troubled situation. Trust me even Sully was arrogant, and with good cause. Plus they wanted Terry out since the merge but he kept winning. He had a reason to be smug. He played as hard as he could and really deserved to win. At the final tribal Shane actually told them neither of them deserved to win. Aras won 5-2.
Last edited by yourefired; 11-22-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance