+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Who do you want to see win Survivor Cagayan?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Who do you want to see win Survivor Cagayan?

Who do you want to win this season of Survivor? Rank the remaining castaways (Kass, Spencer, Tony, Trish, and Woo) in the order of which one you most want to win to least want to win and explain why you'd rank them that way.

My Win Rankings:

1. Spencer

I vote Spencer as most-deserving because he started off in the most losing tribe and held on due to strong performances in the challenges, allegiance to his alliances, and strategic gameplay/manipulation. I think he maintained a good reputation so I would feel good about him winning. I'd also like to see him return for an all-stars season.

2. Trish

I went round and round trying to decide on all subsequent rankings because Spencer is the only castaway left that I actually like and think deserves to win. I have major problems with everyone left, either because they didn't play hard enough or because they played too hard and really made themselves unlikable.

I finally chose Trish to win if Spencer doesn't because she did have some influence on deciding who would go next and in bringing in key people to her alliance when they were needed, so she did show some game strategy. She kept her hands clean by letting Tony do the dirty work, even if that did mean that she had to give up some control.

3. Tony

I don't like him but to give the devil his due, he thought strategy from the moment the game started and went full-steam ahead, bulldozing anyone who got in his way, or even THOUGHT about getting in his way. He did make blunders along the way, and he took out people in his alliance before they really needed to go, leaving bigger threats around to deal with later. Plus he lied about things that were not necessary for him to lie about. So while he may have won the battles, his sloppy gameplay might have cost him the war. He didn't exactly endear himself to the jury members, and that can be a fatal move in Survivor.

4. Kass

Like Tony, she didn't always think through her moves, sometimes going for fireworks despite the fact that she was inviting them to blow up in her face. However, no one can accuse her of stampeding along with the crowd or getting comfortable and blindly going in one direction without considering other options. I think it was smart of her to step back from time to time and decide what would be her best move based on her current situation. Her biggest problem with making it to the end was that she didn't stick to her alliances. Being a free agent and shifting with whichever way the wind was blowing won't earn her many jury votes.

5. Woo

I like Woo as a contestant and found him entertaining to watch but he was a coattail rider from beginning to end. His gameplay has been like Sandra's in Survivor: Pearl Islands. Her motto was "Anybody but me"--she would agree to vote for anyone her group wanted out as long as it wasn't her going home. The difference between Sandra and Woo, though, was that Sandra would talk strategy, put a bug in someone's ear to vote a certain way, cast suspicion on other tribe members, etc. so although she made no direct moves, she did influence the course of the game. Woo has pretty much been sleepwalking through the season, allowing other people to make all the decisions while he just echoes "Yes, Master" after getting his orders. For that reason, I would be most disappointed if Woo won this season.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Re: Who do you want to see win Survivor Cagayan?

I agree with everything you said, except I'm not such a Trish fan and I would bump Tony up to #2.

Spencer for the win!!

1) Tony
    2) Spencer
    3) Trish
    4) Woo
    5) Kass

The top three I would be happy with any of them winning. Woo and Kass no, just no.I would be very disappointed if they won. Having said that this has been a great season, without Tony, it wouldn't have been as good ( for me).I loved all the blindsides, TC were very good , especially when I can't tell who is leaving
    pikachu likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

1. Tony
    2. Trish
    3. Woo
    4. Spencer
    5. Kass
    spockwhat likes this.

To me only Tony has lived up to the Survivor credo of Outsmart, Outlast (so far), Outwit

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    To me only Tony has lived up to the Survivor credo of Outsmart, Outlast (so far), Outwit
    If he doesn't outlast do you have second choice jucamer???
    Mreid1472 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I have to agree, even though I can't stand him. So.very.arrogant.

I had to laugh at him & Kass arguing last night. He thinks she's smug & she thinks is arrogant. The both of them are smug & arrogant, so of course they won't get along. Cannot stand either of them, but Tony is playing a better game (or, I should say has more blind followers)
    sweetpea likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I have to agree, even though I can't stand him. So.very.arrogant.

I had to laugh at him & Kass arguing last night. He thinks she's smug & she thinks is arrogant. The both of them are smug & arrogant, so of course they won't get along. Cannot stand either of them, but Tony is playing a better game (or, I should say has more blind followers)
    At least he really has played, Kass only thinks she has
    holly71, tinderbox, ilja and 1 others like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Anyone but Kass or Tony.

I really can't stand either of them.

But if Tony won, I wouldn't be mad. He has played the game moreso than anyone else out there. Of course, having multiple immunity idols has been a huge help to his game. Wish they'd do away with those after it's been played, don't put them back into rotation. Make it one & done. None of this putting back out there again. It jacks up the game dynamic too much, especially when the same person keeps finding them (like Russell Hantz...puke). Or maybe once you've played an immunity idol, you aren't eligible to play a second one. Spencer has played a good game with the cards he was dealt. Wouldn't mind seeing him win.
    Last edited by holly71; 05-08-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I think Spencer hit all three of those as well.

Outwit: He along with Tasha got Tony to believe there was a female alliance itching to take him out. In addition, there were several times that Spencer's head was on the chopping block but he managed to convince Tony that he was willing to work with him and there were bigger fish to fry.

Outplay: Spencer has done really well in the team challenges and if his original tribe hadn't been stuck with J'Tia, he might have actually won a few.

Outlast: Spencer managed to hang in when his tribe was being decimated earler in the season. At one point, his original tribe members (Kass and Tasha) wanted him out but he made it through that.

Spencer has not had an easy time this season and many weeks Tasha won individual immunity, leaving him with no safety net but he was not eliminated. That says something for Spencer's staying power.
    ilja, sparklete and Mreid1472 like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast