+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: 3/19 Survivor 28 Cagayan: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/19 Survivor 28 Cagayan: Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

I am late posting as I have been having computer problems yet again and I just had an entire post typed up and it timed me out for some reason. I am trying again, but typing it outside and only hope I can remember what I said the first time.

I enjoyed this episode, but agree with those that found the sand challenge a bit hard to watch. Watching some of the maneuvers used in order to drag the bodies back across the line was quite something. As Fanny mentioned I expected more body parts to be popping out and also agree with Brooks regarding sand in your eye possibly giving you cornea damage. Years ago when I was sitting in a hospital parking garage waiting to get to the ticket booth I held my ticket in a horizontal position in my left hand as I rested my elbow on the window which was down. All at once I heard a noise which caused me to turn my head quickly and the ticket went right across the left eye. The pain was instantaneous and excruciating. My eye just flooded with tears which were running down my cheek and wouldn't stop. I ended up parking the car and going into the ER and sure enough I had scratched my cornea. They did some testing and put some type of antibiotic ointment in the eye and a patch. They gave me pain medication as they said it would really hurt for a couple of days and also some oral antibiotics. I had to wear the patch for a week. Believe me not fun and I was not living in the conditions that they do.

I agree with the poster who mentioned the wooden pole and the potential for some nasty slivers. Tasha did amazing and Cliff wasn't going any place. The two of them really had the potential to get some nasty slivers since they couldn't be budged from their wooden poles.

I can't tell you how happy I was for the members of the brain tribe to finally be on a tribe where they won their first IC. It was fantastic!!!

I was a nervous wreck as I thought for sure LJ was going to be voted out. I kept yelling at my TV for LJ to use his idol. I agree with the other poster who said something must have taken place between Tony and LJ which we were not shown. I don't think he would have not used his Idol after saying he would if he felt he was in trouble. Since he is the leader of my pool and it came down between him and Cliff I of course was happy that LJ stayed. I had nothing against Cliff and didn't really feel I got to know him that much until this episode where we saw a bit more of him.

Looks like next week is going to be quite the episode and they way it was edited it appears that Lindsey may be leaving. Since I have Trish as my reserve in the Survivor pool I hope it's not her or that the others don't turn on her.

Lastly and certainly not the least pikachu thank you for the fantastic banner at the top of the page. You continue to amaze me with your talent and I can't tell you how nice it is to just look up to see everyone's picture with their names. I don't have all the names down pat yet and as I am typing it sure makes it a lot easier to have it in front of you.

Wow, I was not expecting the shuffle to work out the way it did. I really thought that one of the three Brains would be split up from the other two, and I really wasn't expecting to see five of the six Brawns on one tribe.

Well, the old Brawn tribe certainly proved to be dysfunctional. I liked Cliff, but I have to admit that was an epic blindside...I loved the looks on Lindsay and Woo's faces I can't help but pull for LJ and Jefra on that tribe, but they shouldn't get too comfortable. Tony might decide that with Cliff gone, LJ's now the biggest threat. I really don't like Trish or Lindsay honestly, but I will say that Lindsay's a very weak person if Trish was able to make her quit. I'm kind of hoping that LJ and Jefra form an alliance with Woo.

And on the other tribe, we see that the Beauty tribe is just as dysfunctional as the brawn. Alexis, Morgan, and Jeremiah wasted no time turning on each other, did they? I laughed when Morgan got exposed for the choice she made day one...not a good first impression to her new tribe mates If you think about it, Sarah should have been the swing vote here between two alliances, but I called it, the Brains are the most loyal alliance out there right now. I hope this doesn't happen, but the smart thing for the beautys to do is make a truce with Sarah to vote out at least two of the three brains. If it doesn't happen, it will be because those three are so focused on each other, and the Brawns on the other tribe are so focused on each other, that these three, seemingly harmless members of a crappy tribe will just slip under the radar. I'm curious to see who the Brains choose to align with. Spencer made the point that Alexis came across as desperate, and frankly, Morgan and Jeremiah probably did as well listening to his analysis of the Beauty tribe. Sarah's the only one we didn't see try and ally with the brains, leading me to believe she might be the one they ultimately trust. Of course, they might see voting her out as an opportunity to weaken the big group of Brawns on the other tribe, but with Cliff gone, that might not be a priority. They don't know this, but if they're both still there at the merge, Sarah's absolutely running back to her cop buddy Tony.

My bold prediction is that Spencer, Tasha, and Kass will be like the Malcolm and Denise (plus one) of this season, and they will all make the final six. I could even see them being the final three.
    wannasee and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kev89 View Post
    My bold prediction is that Spencer, Tasha, and Kass will be like the Malcolm and Denise (plus one) of this season, and they will all make the final six. I could even see them being the final three.
    I agree that their situation is very similar to what Denise and Malcolm experienced. Going to TC allowed the Brains to vote off weak members (J'Tia especially) or those who were overstrategizing (you could argue that both David and Garrett did this). The tribe that has avoided TC the most (Brawn, Tandang in the Philippines) is full of fractures that can be exploited, and as old tribes begin to turn on each other the small tribe really doesn't have to do all that much except watch them take each other out.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    I agree that their situation is very similar to what Denise and Malcolm experienced. Going to TC allowed the Brains to vote off weak members (J'Tia especially) or those who were overstrategizing (you could argue that both David and Garrett did this). The tribe that has avoided TC the most (Brawn, Tandang in the Philippines) is full of fractures that can be exploited, and as old tribes begin to turn on each other the small tribe really doesn't have to do all that much except watch them take each other out.
    Yep, I forgot to mention that one thing that might also work in their favor is that they'll be staying together, unlike Malcolm and Denise, who were separated after their original tribe was dissolved. Of course, even Malcolm and Denise did end up betraying each other literally at the last possible minute in the final four, which is why I'm not predicting they'll stay loyal all the way to the end, though I wouldn't be surprised if that did happen.

Oh, and something else I forgot to mention, the banner looks great! Excellent work Pikachu

I wouldn't mind seeing that, although I do like some of the players from the other tribes. It may be naive but I always like the ones who say, we'll go x-far together, after that, it's everyone for themselves.

Agree with the banner, I needed reminding who some of the contestants are! Great job!

This season has been good as far as talking and executing blindsides ... that was fun seeing Cliff go as well as Lindsey's shock. Still the girl's got an ATTITUDE and that ruins her social game.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

When they do the tribe shuffle they should have used the stone or egg where they take it out from a jar (more random) instead of picking a covered buff out of basket which were probably placed strategically. It seems all of them just conveniently took the ones on top of the pile. I didn't see anyone digging under the pile.

I honestly doubt that the so called "random" tribe shuffles ever are actually truly random. We've seen some all-too-convenient or unlikely "shuffling" both in this season and other seasons as well. It was statistically unlikely for 5 out of 6 brawns to end up on the same tribe as well as for all 3 brains to be on the same tribe.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just have to add to the LOVE the banner theme! SO much easier to tell them apart with it. Thanks! The beauty ladies all blured together for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789