+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: 3/12 Survivor 28 Cagayan: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/12 Survivor 28 Cagayan: Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

I haven't seen someone stink so bad at the challenges since Crystal from Gabon. Thank god for J'Tia though. Imagine this season without her and the brains for the last three episodes. They carried the start of this season entertainment wise. I'm just glad Spencer made it out of that mess of a tribe. He's grown on me the last couple of episodes.

Morgan is exceeding my expectations and given the switch next episode, I think she could be a big threat in the future. It was smart of her to blame the last vote on Jeremiah and now it looks like he's on the outs. Go girl! She has more brains than those other two nitwits Alexis and Jefra put together.

Cliff is kind of boring to me and I tend not to like stunt casting athletes and celebrities so I wouldn't have minded if he left. Sarah is beginning to annoy me though. It'll be interesting to see how her alliance with Tony shakes out. I would love to see her reaction if he voted her out. So much for "blue blood" and "cops-r-us".
    esposa likes this.

I was surprised at how irritated I was by the "throw the challenge" scenario. I really hope that Sarah feels foolish watching this now, knowing how easily she was duped. But I guess when swearing on your badge means something to you, you couldn't imagine it means nothing to a fellow cop. She's starting to bug me, actually. I was disappointed that Woo seemed to be going along with the plan. C'mon, I need my Woo/Cliff alliance to stay around for awhile!!

Pretty bad when J'Tia is so useless that a tribe actively trying to throw a challenge still comes out ahead because of her. Spencer did absolutely everything he could. I kind of hope he screws the other two women over after they merge. Would serve Tasha right for being so smug about keeping him around.

I did love LJ's commentary on the whole chicken/egg debate. Yup, the stereotype about "beauty" was coming through loud and clear in that scene. He seems to have smarts along with brawn and beauty. He's the whole package!!

J'Tia took her ousting with pretty good grace. She knew her goose was cooked when she tossed their rice.
    mesachick and Midol like this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

But for so many of Spencer's throws bouncing out of the basket, Brains could have won the immunity challenge.

As far as the reward challenge, I had to laugh while watching it because all of these challenges are supposed to be tested out by production staff. I'd like to see that footage! LOL. I don't know how much time is available, but surely the survivors could see what the course looked like and figured out a way to handle the different problems ahead of time.

As far as the poultry, screw the egg production and eat those beasts ASAP before the tribes are expanded or rearranged. Which now we know is just a day or two away.

For as many years that Survivor has been on, I am amazed at how many act as if they have never seen the game played. Swearing on your children, grandmother, or a badge mean the person is generally lying and means nothing.
    Midol and esposa like this.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fan

Did none of these people bone up on Survivor skills prior to being whisked off to the island? Just in case anyone reading this winds up on Survivor one day, here's a bit of advice: kill the ROOSTER! He is not necessary for egg production. Now if you were going to be there a few months and wanted the eggs fertilized so they would hatch into baby chickens and you could raise a flock, then keep him around. Otherwise, have yourselves a nice rooster dinner and keep the other three chickens -- the HENS -- who will go on laying eggs every day. It's basic biology. Jeez.

What in the heck is that big spiky fruit (?) Spencer was eating? I think I saw one being eaten on the first episode.

I wonder what grief Sarah and Tony may be getting from their precinct buddies - Sarah for being too trusting of another blue, and Tony for being willing to run one over. Sarah is supposed to have interrogation skills, and that's presumably how she recognized Tony as another cop, but she has been totally blindsided by his lying.

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    Did none of these people bone up on Survivor skills prior to being whisked off to the island? Just in case anyone reading this winds up on Survivor one day, here's a bit of advice: kill the ROOSTER! He is not necessary for egg production. Now if you were going to be there a few months and wanted the eggs fertilized so they would hatch into baby chickens and you could raise a flock, then keep him around. Otherwise, have yourselves a nice rooster dinner and keep the other three chickens -- the HENS -- who will go on laying eggs every day. It's basic biology. Jeez.
    I will cheerfully admit when I don't know something and as a complete city girl, I did not know about hens and roosters and their parts in egg production. I've studied only the physical sciences. For me, eggs come in cartons, so thank so much for educating me, judibug. It all makes sense now as you've explained it.

Sarah has pretty much lost me now with her blind loyalty to Tony and his badge. If she is as perceptive as she seemed when she spotted him as a cop, she should be able to see right through him now. Now that J'Tia is finally gone, it would make my day if Tony is next.
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Sarah has pretty much lost me now with her blind loyalty to Tony and his badge. If she is as perceptive as she seemed when she spotted him as a cop, she should be able to see right through him now. Now that J'Tia is finally gone, it would make my day if Tony is next.
    ^^this! I don't like Tony & now I don't like Sarah either. Blind trust is a bad thing in this game!
    Punkin likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I'm guessing there will be two tribes formed next week so I wonder how they will split them up. Most of the time it is a random
    buff draw, but after the season where one tribe ended up with ALL the strong challenge competitors, the producers might switch things up a bit.

I'm already very tired of Tony thinking he is some kind of strategical genius. He is very pleased with himself, and giddy with delight at how clever he thinks he is being. Foolish, foolish man. He has absolutely no reason to be so pleased yet. OK, he found the idol, but when and how he uses it will determine if he is really a force in the game. Every time he talks, it seems like he is thinking, OOOOOO, this is Survivor! I have to lie. I have to make up stories about people. But he is doing these things with no rhyme nor reason. He is just throwing all the Survivor cliche'd behaviors around needlessly right now. Can you tell he annoys me?

Sarah annoys me, too. Hasn't she learned that throwing a challenge is NEVER a good idea?!?
    holly71, Punkin and esposa like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

+ Reply to Thread