+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Survivor Cagayan Pool

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Survivor Cagayan Pool

I sometimes do a pool team summary where I do a review of the teams and make predictions on who will win. I haven’t done that for Survivor for a while so I figured we’re overdue.

Currently in the lead is Midol’s pool team Manalo Malakas. They started off the season in second place, only 3 points from the lead. Then they wavered between second and third place until mesachick’s front-running team, Beautiful Beasts, lost their leader, LJ. Manalo Malakas has been in the lead since then. However, this week, Midol lost their leader, Trish, and mesachick’s team scored more points than Midol’s so we may see Beautiful Beasts move back up to the top spot. Beautiful Beasts has Spencer, Tony and Woo, while Manalo Malakas has Kass, Spencer and Woo. Obviously Manalo Malakas’ best outcome would be if Tony was eliminated before the final vote and Kass wins the season. Beautiful Beasts, on the other hand, would be best served if Kass is out before the end and Tony wins.

The next closest pool team on the leaderboard is norm’s team, Miami Marlins. You can’t count them out of the running for first place yet because they’re the only team that still has a leader (Woo), their score is close enough to catch up with Midol and mesachick, and they have 3 team members left—Kass, Spencer, and Woo. The best outcome for them would be if Tony gets eliminated before the final three and Woo wins the season, which could still happen, particularly if Woo is somehow responsible for Tony’s ouster.

Veejer’s team Pating had a pretty good run this season. They started in 6th place, toggled around in the middle of the leaderboard for a while, then started steadily climbing until they peaked in 2nd place, only 3 points from the top. However, a series of misfortunes took away their power just when they were hitting their stride and now they only have Spencer and Woo left. They don’t have enough points to catch up to first place unless something highly unlikely happens, like Kass and/or Tony quits or are kicked off the show for misbehavior.

Brooks’ Broody Brats have been hovering around 5th and 6th place most of the season, peaking at 4th. The loss of LJ and Sarah kept them from gaining momentum but having Woo, Spencer and Kass make it this far kept them out of the bottom.

Like Brooks, Jaceegirl’s team Tsimpanse has been all over the map, starting in 7th place, peaking at 3rd, and now coming in at 6th.

Photobabe’s team Amihan is tied with Fanny Mare’s team, Foa Malakal. Amihan has wavered between 6thand 8th place for the duration of the pool. Foa Malakal has stayed nearby, vacillating between 5th and 8th.

Lakay-Lakay, Cootie’s team, started off in 1st place and maintained that position until episode 6. The loss of their leader, Sarah, put them behind and they never recovered.

Maybaybie’s team, Sarah’s Sheep, was another victim of Sarah’s unexpected early exit from the game. The Sheep peaked at the start of the pool, in third place, then lost their reserve player, Alexis, in week 5, followed by their team leader, Sarah, in week 6 and LJ in week 8.

Sty’nea, Badseed’s team, started off second to last from the bottom of the pool but never have come in last. Their best week was week 5, when Alexis was voted off and Lindsey quit. They didn’t have either girl on their team so they were able to leapfrog over several higher-ranked teams that dropped like flies.

Sambac, Monte71’s team, has stayed at the middle of the pack most of the game, peaking at 5th place on week 4.

Dixielandbelle’s team, Dixie Doodles, started in 7th place and has hovered mid-board most of the season, peaking at 4th place on week 5.

Full Force, managed by TripleGemini, came out in full force, sharing second place with Midol and Florimel at the start of the pool, but then gradually dropped out of the running. They had enough force but not enough stamina. Florimel’s team, Flight 815 to Cagayan, followed a similar pattern, petering out after a promising start.

Awesomekina23 had an interesting ride with their team, ImmaCutYou. They started off in 3rd, sunk like a stone to next to last place they very next week, bottomed out at dead last week after that, but then started recovering. They escaped from last place in week 10 and actually scored pretty well the next few weeks, currently ranking above two other teams. It was too little too late to have any chance of winning but still impressive that they managed to make some headway after all seemed lost. Probably their biggest whoopsie was choosing J’Tia as their leader. I’m betting they came to regret that decision right away after seeing J’Tia’s antics in the first few episodes!

My own team, Vixens and Vipers, started off so well, I had high hopes that I might finally win a Survivor pool and be able to scratch that goal off my bucket list. My run of glory was very short lived, though. Started the pool at 4th place, jumped to 2nd the following week, then made it to 1st place! Apparently my unusual high placement in a Survivor pool got the stars out of alignment so karma knocked me down by having Alexis voted out and Lindsey quit. My team continued to tumble, ending up next to last. Hindsight is 20/20 and looking back at my pool selections, knowing the players the way I do now, I can see I made some bad choices. I would never have thought that Woo would be my last remaining player!

In last place currently is JohnnyK’s team, Fantasies R Us. He’s been in the bottom every week except for when awesomekina shut them out for that dubious honor. I’m pretty sure Johnny was gunning for the Wooden Spoon Award so he’s succeeded at that. It doesn’t look like anyone else can win it at this point. He also got it the prior two seasons (Blood vs. Water and Caramoan).

Thanks for all the amazing recap pikachu. Whoever wins at the end should get some kind of extra award for being able to take all these brand new personalities and come out on top. I salute them since I haven't even been able to predict who is going home each week. Just a great season all around and again thanks for all that you do pikachu.

Best of luck to Midol, Mesa and Norm. Great job done by all of you.

Thanks for the recap. Thanks for the good wishes too. Midol and Norm - I will see you at Tribal!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Survivor Cagayan Pool Results
    Episode 13

Note: These are not the final pool results. Those will be up next.

Episode Summary
    Part A
    Made it to Family Visits: Kass, Spencer, Tony, and Woo
    Won Individual Immunity: Kass
    Voted Out: Spencer
    On the Jury: Sarah, Morgan, LJ, Jeremiah, Jefra, Tasha, Trish, and Spencer

Part B
    Won Individual Immunity: Woo
    Voted Out: Kass
    On the Jury: Sarah, Morgan, LJ, Jeremiah, Jefra, Tasha, Trish, Spencer, and Kass

Castaway Scores
    Kass: 25 points
    Spencer: 15 points
    Tony: 20 points
    Woo: 30 points

Weekly Scores
    Brains
    Dixie Doodles/dixielandbelle: 55 points
    ImmaCutYou/awesomekina23: 50 points
    Lakay-Lakay/Cootie: 50 points
    Sarah’s Sheep/Maybaybie: 70 points
    Tsimpanse/Jaceegirl: 45 points
    Vixens and Vipers/pikachu: 30 points

Brawn
    Beautiful Beasts/mesachick: 65 points
    Brooks’ Broody Brats/Brooks: 70 points
    Full Force/TripleGemini: 45 points
    Manalo Malakas/Midol: 70 points
    Pating/veejer: 45 points
    Sambac/Monte71: 45 points

Beauty
    Amihan/Photobabe: 75 points
    Fantasies R Us/JohnnyK: 30 points
    Flight 815 to Cagayan/Florimel: 15 points
    Foa Malakal/Fanny Mare: 65 points
    Miami Marlins/norm: 100 points
    Sty’nea/Badseed: 45 points

High Scores
    Brains: Sarah’s Sheep
    Brawn: Brooks’ Broody Brats and Manalo Malakas
    Beauty: Miami Marlins

Low Scores
    Brains: Vixens and Vipers
    Brawn: Full Force
    Beauty: Flight 815 to Cagayan

Overall Scores and Rankings
    1. Manalo Malakas/Midol: 1010 points
    2. Miami Marlins/norm: 990 points
    3. Beautiful Beasts/mesachick: 985 points
    4. Brooks’ Broody Brats/Brooks: 942 points
    5. Pating/veejer: 932 points
    6. Amihan/Photobabe: 925 points
    7. Foa Malakal/Fanny Mare: 915 points
    8. Tsimpanse/Jaceegirl: 905 points
    9. Sarah’s Sheep/Maybaybie: 862 points
    10. Lakay-Lakay/Cootie: 843 points
    11. Sty’nea/Badseed: 830 points
    12. Sambac/Monte71: 810 points
    13. Dixie Doodles/dixielandbelle: 805 points
    14. Full Force/TripleGemini: 780 points
    15. Flight 815 to Cagayan/Florimel: 735 points
    16. ImmaCutYou/awesomekina23: 697 points
    17. Vixens and Vipers/pikachu: 648 points
    18. Fantasies R US/JohnnyK: 615 points

Lost a Tribe Member
    Beautiful Beasts, Brooks’ Broody Brats, Flight 815 to Cagayan, Foa Malakal, Full Force, Manalo Malakas, Miami Marlins, Pating, Sambac, Sarah’s Sheep, and Tsimpanse.

Scoresheets

Survivor Cagayan Pool Results
    Episode 14 and Awards Ceremony

What an exciting this has been! I don’t know whether it was the division of brawn, brains, and beauty that did it, no returning players, or just a well-chosen cast but every episode was fantastic. Before we get to the results, I have some interesting pool statistics for you.

NOBODY chose the season winner, Tony, as their tribal leader. Crazy J’Tia, who threw her own tribe’s rice on the fire, was chosen as a tribal leader by one pool team and Quitter Lindsey was chosen by another pool team (mine, the Pool Master admits sheepishly. Although she was just a regular tribe member, NOT my leader!). Only 6 pools teams even included Tony so apparently most of us thought the paranoid, brash, slimy, conspiring cop from New Jersey wasn’t the top pick of the pool of contestants.

Norm’s team Miami Marlins was the only one to keep its tribal leader, Woo, to the very end.

Flight 815 to Cagayan was the only pool team to bottom out, losing all its members in the episode before the jury vote.

There were 5 pool teams that included both of the finalists—Amihan, Beautiful Beasts, Foa Malakal, ImmaCutYou, and Lakay-Lakay.

The clear winners in our sub-divided pool were the Brawn tribe! They finished the season with an average score of 946.5. Beauty was the next highest-scoring subdivision, with an average score of 880. Brains came in last with an average score of 853.3.

Now let’s get to the results!!!

In third place, with 1040 points, is…Manalo Malakas! You put up a great fight, Midol, and were leading in the next to the last episode but Kass being eliminated and Tony winning pulled you down a few notches. You still have plenty reason to be proud, though. You win a cheeseburger, french fries, and a chocolate shake from the Survivor commissary.

In second place, with 1050 points, is…Miami Marlins! Congratulations, norm, for being gutsy enough to choose Woo as your tribal leader and having him make it all the way to the end. You win a steak and lobster tail dinner from the Cagayan Grille with champagne and chocolate mousse for dessert.

In first place, with 1055 points, is…Beautiful Beasts!! Mesachick, you were at the top of the leaderboard for a long stretch and then got ousted by Manalo Malakas. However, you made a comeback and managed to win by 5 points. Way to go!!!!!! Here’s your winner’s avatar:

In last place is the wooden award golden boy (or maybe I should say wooden boy) JohnnyK. His team Fantasies R Us almost got beaten by my team after they took a nosedive early in the season but he managed to pull it off. Here’s your Wooden Spoon Award, Johnny!

Thank you all for participating in the pool and I hope to see you all back next season for Blood vs Water II!

Final scores and rankings are posted below.
    Episode Summary
    In Final Two: Tony and Woo
    Won Sole Survivor: Tony
    Runner-up: Woo

Castaway Scores
    Tony: 40 points
    Woo: 30 points

Weekly Scores
    Brains
    Dixie Doodles/dixielandbelle: 30 points
    ImmaCutYou/awesomekina23: 70 points
    Lakay-Lakay/Cootie: 70 points
    Sarah’s Sheep/Maybaybie: 30 points
    Tsimpanse/Jaceegirl: 30 points
    Vixens and Vipers/pikachu: 30 points

Brawn
    Beautiful Beasts/mesachick: 70 points
    Brooks’ Broody Brats/Brooks: 30 points
    Full Force/TripleGemini: 30 points
    Manalo Malakas/Midol: 30 points
    Pating/veejer: 30 points
    Sambac/Monte71: 30 points

Beauty
    Amihan/Photobabe: 70 points
    Fantasies R Us/JohnnyK: 30 points
    Flight 815 to Cagayan/Florimel: 0 points
    Foa Malakal/Fanny Mare: 70 points
    Miami Marlins/norm: 60 points
    Sty’nea/Badseed: 40 points

Overall Scores and Rankings
    1. Beautiful Beasts/mesachick: 1055 points
    2. Miami Marlins/norm: 1050 points
    3. Manalo Malakas/Midol: 1040 points
    4. Amihan/Photobabe: 995 points
    5. Foa Malakal/Fanny Mare: 985 points
    6. Brooks’ Broody Brats/Brooks: 972 points
    7. Pating/veejer: 962 points
    8. Tsimpanse/Jaceegirl: 935 points
    9. Lakay-Lakay/Cootie: 913 points
    10. Sarah’s Sheep/Maybaybie: 892 points
    11. Sty’nea/Badseed: 870 points
    12. Sambac/Monte71: 840 points
    13. Dixie Doodles/dixielandbelle: 835 points
    14. Full Force/TripleGemini: 810 points
    15. ImmaCutYou/awesomekina23: 767 points
    16. Flight 815 to Cagayan/Florimel: 735 points
    17. Vixens and Vipers/pikachu: 678 points
    18. Fantasies R US/JohnnyK: 645 points

Scoresheets

Last edited by pikachu; 05-22-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    Cootie likes this.

Thanks pikachu, this was fun!

Wow... no way did I win lol. I thought for sure I was out!

Thanks for running it pikachu See ya'll for Blood vs Water!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Congratulations mesachick for the come from behind win and to our runner up norm! The last episode did me in here and at my pool at work. At least I finished in 3rd here...I dropped to 4th in my other one. Oh well, at least there is next season and I didn't have to actually be out on the island getting parasites and starving like some of those people.

Thanks again for everything pickachu! Always more fun with one of your pools....although for future reference, I prefer wine or a fruity cocktail to the milkshake, but chocolate is always welcome...
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks, pikachu, for another awesome pool :-) And congratulations to the winners!

(I guess I need to change my avatar now...)

Oh well, at least I can brag about picking LJ before it was cool. Thanks pikachu

+ Reply to Thread