+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Spencer - Cagayan (Brain)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Spencer - Cagayan (Brain)

Well, he's turned out a lot nicer than his bio. His bio really really annoyed me---yes, he's smart and athletic, but he acts as if somehow he "earned" his smartness when it was mostly luck of the DNA pool plus being born into a family that encourages their athletic son to play chess--aka some kind of upper middle class home I'm guessing. He also doesn't seem to realize that Romney started out with many of the same advantages, and in fact more so. Being proud of something you were just lucky enough to get just makes no sense to me. But it ties in with his disdain of those who "just want a handout"---does he know they haven't tried? Does he know what they are up against? Walk a mile in their moccasins, kid, before you have the right to disdain them.
    All that said, currently I'm rooting for him and Kass, and Tasha a little, on their team. What a disaster of a team... and usually I like the "brains"... if these folks even deserve the term.
    spockwhat and Badseed like this.

Well, I don't mind him so far despite his douchy bio. I hate people who grow up with great advantages (likely true given his bio) who then turn around and crap on those who "expect a handout" - walk a mile in someone else's shoes, buddy. His arrogance hasn't reared it's ugly head yet, but there's still time. I'd laugh if he was voted out soon without even being given a chance to show us all his brilliance. That might take him down a peg or two. However that might mean we have to live with J'Tia for a bit longer, and that is unacceptable.
    Punkin likes this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Even Jeff's opinion of Spencer changed quickly, from an interview with Entertainment Weekly:

Well, let me start by saying that I am usually wrong, about a lot of things, but almost always wrong when assessing a Survivor cast. Spencer is probably my biggest turnaround so far. We went at it pretty good during the casting process because he is fun to antagonize and I did tell him that he had “zero point zero” chance of winning this game because he lacked absolutely any social awareness. He grew on me pretty quickly, and I now think he could win this game if he can just find a way out of the massive hole he’s already in with the brain tribe.
    'Survivor: Cagayan': Jeff Probst on which players have proved him wrong | Inside TV | EW.com

I'm thinking Spencer was being sarcastic during his preshow interactions with production. Either that, or maybe being at the bottom so quickly has already humbled him. Either way, I'm liking him so far...easily my favorite on the Brain Tribe.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Spencer is only 21, and he's accomplished a LOT for someone that young. I think that's why he comes off as arrogant in his bio.

That said, he's proven to be a pretty good player and he's good at challenges.
    kev89 and Duckyface like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Spencer's take on Lindsey quitting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-HNyLlkLHA

I agree with him 100%. I really like Spencer, he's probably my favorite right now, but he might be in trouble next week. I'd say that he, Jeremiah, and Sarah are the biggest challenge threats on their tribe. Tony won't be going after Sarah yet, he needs her vote after all, and between Spencer and Jeremiah, Spencer's definitely the bigger strategic threat, so I easily could see Tony gunning for him right away. I did predict earlier that he, Tasha, and Kass would fly under the radar and would all make it to at least the final six...I still think Spencer can make it that far, but it won't be easy for him to stay under the radar.
    ilja, jucamer and Photobabe like this.

Thanks for the link Kev.
    kev89 likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Take note, I'm mean to the ones I love the most... and I hope one of these isn't too risky... Pg13 wise!

e2tv239.jpg

e2tv (2).jpg
    holly71, waywyrd, Brooks and 6 others like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

Lol those are too funny!
    spockwhat likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I want more.
    Brooks and spockwhat like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Spencer is playing a pretty good desperation game at this point, but he really needs to tone down the OTT reactions at tribal council.
    GabbyG, Duckyface and mushybrain like this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast