+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Lindsey - Cagayan (Brawn)

Re: Lindsey - Cagayan (Brawn)

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    There is just something about her that I do not like. She seems to have a very unpleasant vibe. But I'm with her on not liking Trish.
    Trish has more game than Lindsay imho .I would be flirting with LJ as well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

How does she get her hair like that? Can she wash it?

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    How does she get her hair like that? Can she wash it?
    3 Ways to Give Yourself Dreadlocks - wikiHow
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Personal Claim to Fame: Rising above all obstacles with a smile, by myself.

Inspiration in Life: Martin Luther King Jr., in a time of struggle he pushed through without violence.

Hobbies: Camping

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: To win money. My daughter and I have been poor for too long.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I have overcome major resistance and challenges by myself. I am a fighter and there’s no limit to what I can do for my baby.
    This is odd to read after her quitting. I would think her life obstacles would have involved things a lot harder than not getting along with someone. I also didn't like that she mentioned needing the money so badly. Then stay in the game. We have seen so many personal conflicts and annoying people on the show and hardly any of those people quit. Christina from One World in particular put up with lots of crap, as did anyone who played with Russell Hantz.

Listening to an exit interview she said that she was afraid that she would use violence against Trish. If her only perceived options in response to this conflict were quitting or violence, that's a sign that there's an issue with anger management and it would probably be a good idea to address it. She also said that she uses impressions and humor to deal with unpleasant situations, explaining her imitations of Trish. To me there's humor and there's just being tasteless and nasty. Especially when you make fun of someone's physical appearance, which they have no (or little) control over.

I dislike Lindsey more than Trish but I do think that they both could have handled the situation better. Avoiding interaction would have worked well in this case on both sides.
    Punkin and RBmumsie like this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Trish has more game than Lindsay imho .I would be flirting with LJ as well
    Heck, I'd be flirting with him as well but I'd like to think I'm not nearly as obnoxious and rough (more than) around the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate View Post
    This is odd to read after her quitting. I would think her life obstacles would have involved things a lot harder than not getting along with someone. I also didn't like that she mentioned needing the money so badly. Then stay in the game. We have seen so many personal conflicts and annoying people on the show and hardly any of those people quit. Christina from One World in particular put up with lots of crap, as did anyone who played with Russell Hantz.

Listening to an exit interview she said that she was afraid that she would use violence against Trish. If her only perceived options in response to this conflict were quitting or violence, that's a sign that there's an issue with anger management and it would probably be a good idea to address it. She also said that she uses impressions and humor to deal with unpleasant situations, explaining her imitations of Trish. To me there's humor and there's just being tasteless and nasty. Especially when you make fun of someone's physical appearance, which they have no (or little) control over.

I dislike Lindsey more than Trish but I do think that they both could have handled the situation better. Avoiding interaction would have worked well in this case on both sides.
    It's like she's the total opposite of what everything she claims to be inspired by & what she claims to be capable of doing.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    She looks like she's worn dreads for a long time because she looks like she has traction alopecia from it. That's not good. You can even see in her promo pic here that her hairline is receding due to the weight of the dreads. And on the show you could see huge gaps between the sections of hair that looked really bad, like balding. She should get rid of them (basically will have to shave her head, or cut her hair pretty short) before she does permanent damage to her scalp.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

What a wimp! Ok, so you don't like Trish. And, Cliff was your bud and he got blindsided. Build a bridge and get over it. I am supremely tired of people auditioning for and securing a spot on Survivor and then then bailing when it gets too difficult. If you can't handle it, then let someone else have a shot.

Don't get me wrong - I know darn well that I couldn't last more than a day (and maybe not even that long) on Survivor. So, it would be selfish and self-centered for me to try for a spot. This ain't Club Med!

Making fun of Trish behind her back was childish. Also, the comment about Trish being 50 and LJ 20 was off base. Reeks of jealousy to me. (Trish is 48 and LJ is 34). I can see where Trish might be annoying, but I've seen much worse.
    ilja likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I can't help but wonder if Lindsay HAS had some treatment for her anger management issues and has been taught to walk away when she feels things are getting out of control. I'm delighted she's gone, but if that might be the case, then her choosing to leave is understandable.

We've had enough contestants with these types of issues in recent years to also make me wonder why the casting people either don't recognize it or don't care. Lately there are only two or three contestants per show that I can stand to watch and I generally fast forward through most of it. It's those few that have been keeping me in the Survivor pool, but I don't know for how much longer.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Thanks for the dreadlock info, Gabby. I'd been curious about how that is done for some time. I think that is a heck of a lot of work for a look that most people find unkempt and unappealing. I know it is a fashion statement and we all have different sense of 'style', but this from the article really turns me off:
    •Wash your hair in the morning so that your dreads have time to dry. If you go to bed with wet hair, mildew and mold can grow there.
    Also references to steps to keep the dreads from becoming rancid and from smelling musty leaves me still bewildered why someone would want them. I am relieved to know, though, that washing your dreads is important. I always assumed they got that way from not ever washing their hair. I see that she is a hairstylist. I have a picture of that salon in my imagination. :>)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast