+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Garrett - Cagayan (Brain)

Re: Garrett - Cagayan (Brain)

Complete & utter d-bag. Glad he got voted off. The fact that it was a blindside & he had the hii & didn't even bring it to TC makes it even better.
    Coco46 and Fanny Mare like this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Though I don't necessarily agree with the tribe's first elimination, I think Garrett really eliminated himself leading up to and at the second TC. He describes himself as competitive, and lists the pet peeve of lack of ambition. This guy is not very self-aware. In a sidebar, reclined on his elbow in the grass, he whistfully noted that manual labour did not appeal to him. I asked myself, "Has he seen this show before?" Manual labour is part of the game. I understand his dislike of dishonesty, but Dude is a poker pro (whom I also have never heard of), and creating a false appearance is the essential of poker. I also understand his desire to remove strategy from Survivor. It allowed him to force everyone's "truth" beforehand (in his tribe), so that he could play his strategy. But that's not how you play Survivor, and I was so glad that Tasha called him out. Everyone must be allowed to play a strategy, however good or bad.
    I don't understand how he was put on the Brain tribe to begin with. So what if he graduated Summa cum Laude from the University of Arizona? Not to bag on U of A, but I also graduated Summa cum Laude from a different school, and I don't consider myself a Brain. It's not easy, but scholastic smart is very different from life smart and Survivor is a smaller, concentrated example of life. Garrett still has a lot to learn at 27, and I feel bad for him. At that age, he really should be more self-aware.
    holly71, Punkin and dagwood like this.

I had originally thought I was going to like him since professional poker players are extremely book smart and there are a lot of them I like. But the writing was on the wall as soon as he started talking about the hardships and nothing being fun there. I guess he was expecting a tropical vacation and I don't think he was terribly unhappy about going home. He was kind of attractive, but I won't miss him.

I've been trying to remember out poker pro Jean Robert Bellande did. He's not one that I've ever liked, but I think he made to the jury in his season.
    Punkin likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I had originally thought I was going to like him since professional poker players are extremely book smart and there are a lot of them I like. But the writing was on the wall as soon as he started talking about the hardships and nothing being fun there. I guess he was expecting a tropical vacation and I don't think he was terribly unhappy about going home. He was kind of attractive, but I won't miss him.

I've been trying to remember out poker pro Jean Robert Bellande did. He's not one that I've ever liked, but I think he made to the jury in his season.
    Could not agree more.. I look at the players I like and have liked in the past Anne Duke (Double major in english and psychology at Columbia!) Chris Ferguson (Computer Science PhD), Barry Greenstein (PhD in Math), and Michael Binger (PhD in Physics), and they all have a bit of that street smarts you need in a game like Poker as well as Survivor. Garrett on the other hand was a brat, a diva, and a DBag. I had to look up his winnings as a "Pro Player" Hes only made about 250k life time. I guess his is about as good at poker as he is at Survivor. Hell even Actress Jennifer Tilly has won more than him over all.

Not sorry to see him go.. not at all.
    Punkin and Florimel like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I actually kind of liked Garrett. J'Tia should have gone over him. It was still a good blindside though. Earliest idol blindside ever, I think.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    Could not agree more.. I look at the players I like and have liked in the past Anne Duke (Double major in english and psychology at Columbia!) Chris Ferguson (Computer Science PhD), Barry Greenstein (PhD in Math), and Michael Binger (PhD in Physics), and they all have a bit of that street smarts you need in a game like Poker as well as Survivor. Garrett on the other hand was a brat, a diva, and a DBag. I had to look up his winnings as a "Pro Player" Hes only made about 250k life time. I guess his is about as good at poker as he is at Survivor. Hell even Actress Jennifer Tilly has won more than him over all.

Not sorry to see him go.. not at all.
    You picked out a l lot of the players I really like, too, the ones that came in before the Internet brats. I'd add in Annie's brother, Howard Lederer. That whole family is at the top of my list including dad, who wrote one of my favorite books, one that I cannot read to this day without collapsing into laughter. Eric Seidel is another one.
    FireWoman and JohnnyK like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I like Howard. He seems humble and composed. I'd like to see him on a show like this.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    You picked out a l lot of the players I really like, too, the ones that came in before the Internet brats. I'd add in Annie's brother, Howard Lederer. That whole family is at the top of my list including dad, who wrote one of my favorite books, one that I cannot read to this day without collapsing into laughter. Eric Seidel is another one.
    I again agree I love Howard too. Maybe being a female I was drawn to Anne more because she made a name for herself playing with the boys. She is one of the reasons I got in to playing myself. I am NO WHERE near as good.. and never will be, but I think I could hold my own against Garrett lol. Eric too and Phil Laak.. Gus Hansen (who my friend said I play a lot like). My list could go on and on.. but i think you hit it on the head about Internet Brats.. that's where I would rank Garrett, he is no Doyle
    Florimel and JohnnyK like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Wow well this is a pleasant surprise. I think I'll make a thread in the TV show forum.
    Florimel likes this.

I was going to back him because I'm a big fan of the "Thief" games. Looks like I'm off to edit my pool.

I think he would've ultimately quit if he hadn't gotten voted off - he was making quite a lot of comments about hating being out in the elements.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast