+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Fan favorite

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Fan favorite

jadewarlock---excellent observation, by far the most likely reason, and of course the reason Jeff wouldn't mention the lack of fan favorite---what's he going to say... we lost a sponsor? NOT something Survivor is going to want to emphasize!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wonder why Sprint would drop sponsoring Survivor? As popular as the show is, I would think it would bring plenty of attention to Sprint. Maybe Survivor dropped Sprint for some reason. Viewers might have started complaining about the pimping of Sprint products during Survivor last season.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Yeah as Sprint may have dropped that. But why not CBS picking it up as they have all the money in the world. Or another product that could pick up the FF award in the not too distant future!
    Autumn Winds!

I've heard people hypothesize that it was because they weren't going to have loved ones visits/letters etc., so they wouldn't have an opportunity to have a Sprint phone on air with those messages.
    Punkin and jucamer like this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Ahh, that's right - no loved ones messages sponsored by Sprint, but to also take off weekly votes and fan favorite votes seems to take it too far.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Now that I think about it, I'm glad there was no Fan Favorite this season. Because whoever would have won, I would have hated more. Because I hate what people see as fan favorites on this show.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

It also annoys me how the public would vote for a bigot homophobe to win fan favorite before someone that was gay.

Johnny, I'm pretty sure the contestants are chosen in part for their ability to annoy each other (competitive, fractious Type As) as well as their ability to get under our skins. We're supposed to get pissed off, gives us more to chat about, LOL. I'll take that over the vapid models they recruited too often in the past.
    waywyrd, ilja, jucamer and 1 others like this.

Oh, absolutely. If they cast all happy-go-lucky types that sat around their campfires holding hands and singing kumbaya, we'd all be snoring on our couches within five minutes of the opening credits. Give me the crazy mix of personalities, even if I end up not liking them!
    ilja likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    If they cast all happy-go-lucky types that sat around their campfires holding hands and singing kumbaya, we'd all be snoring on our couches within five minutes of the opening credits
    OMG, Colton was right! LOLOL
    waywyrd likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast