+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Fan favorite

Re: Fan favorite

I checked the main Survivor site, their Twitter page and their Facebook page. I could not find any mention of Fan Favorite.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, dang, no FF. I missed the first hour and a half and haven't watched the tape yet (hard to imagine Tina defeating both Hayden and Laura!), but did Jeff ever explain the absence of the FF? Saving money?
    Punkin likes this.

I think Tyson was the obvious choice for FF so there was no point in doing it. The decision whether to have a FF this season didn't have to be made until after Jeff knew who won.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Not judging by this site....we were pretty much all for Hayden or Caleb with some scattered votes for others... I don't recall any for Tyson. I guess here we tend to want to give it to a favorite who isn't going to win. Not that Tyson was a fav of mine... although I did like him better after the reunion show.

Thinking about it now, I don't remember CBS asking us to vote for FF. I usually don't vote on anything anyway.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Maybe they didn't want to give Rupert $100K for being the first boot.
    Punkin, TripleGemini and tinderbox like this.

Funny, JohnnyK, I was thinking that they didn't hold Fan Favorite this year because they didn't want Rupert to win again.

I may be paying WAY too much into details, but I do not recall them even doing a "Sprint Player of the Week" this season.

They also were the sponsors of the fan favorite prize.

So, if they didn't sponsor this year, there could've been NO prize available regardless.

And yes, even I believe Johnny's reason may be true here - Rupert is VERY popular, no matter when he's been eliminated. And - unlike Yau-Man (who IMHO is smarter and more popular, which is one reason why I think he was eliminated early his second go), Rupert wears something easy to remember each year - Tye-Dye.

Given that, yeah, I think it and his giving up his spot for his wife would've won him (well them) the prize.

Well, had they had Sprint sponsoring them.

I'm going with the lack of Sprint sponsorship. That is the most logical explanation.
    Punkin, Brooks, PWS and 1 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I wish I would have thought about it before, but on Fri Rob Cesternino had a last minute poll on his website for unofficial fan fave...I voted for Hayden myself, and that is who won, having about 200 votes more than 2nd place Ciera (I think, may have been Tyson). I tried to find a results page but wasn't able to. This was just his podcast listeners so I'm sure there wasn't a large number of votes. He goes over the results in his "know it alls" podcast from the night of the finale if anyone is interested in listening to it themselves. A quick Google search of "rob has a podcast" should bring up his page, or they are on iTunes.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast