+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Next week"

"Next week"

Something that has always bugged me is the way the contestants say "next week" so frequently. I've noticed this in multiple seasons. For instance, "tonight" Hayden asked Ciera who she thought would go home "next week" if he or Katie went home "tonight". I know that the contestants understand that the audience sees one episode each "week", but how do they know how their time in the game will be delineated? In their reality the next elimination could be the next day and be included in the same episode as that "night's" elimination. It really makes me wonder if the game, in reality, is much different than what we see on TV.

Re: "Next week"

Quote Originally Posted by maul52 View Post
    Something that has always bugged me is the way the contestants say "next week" so frequently. I've noticed this in multiple seasons. For instance, "tonight" Hayden asked Ciera who she thought would go home "next week" if he or Katie went home "tonight". I know that the contestants understand that the audience sees one episode each "week", but how do they know how their time in the game will be delineated? In their reality the next elimination could be the next day and be included in the same episode as that "night's" elimination. It really makes me wonder if the game, in reality, is much different than what we see on TV.
    I think most contestants know that their three day cycle gets shown on TV each week. If they ask questions like that the odd time when the producers edit 2 three day cycles into one episode, they just edit out those references. As well, producers probably ask them those questions when they are doing their own private little interview segments and refer to it as next week, etc., so it becomes ingrained and that is how they think of it.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

I thnk they are specifically told to refer to the time lapse between TCs as a week.

I have always thought that too...even though Tribal Council usually happens every 3 days...they know for us viewers...it is something that we see every week

+ Reply to Thread