+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: 12/4 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 12/4 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

Yea it looks like they did away with the Purple Rock of Death. This time they used a white rock

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Strategically, would it not have been smarter for Gervaise to choose Ciera for the ice cream rather than Tyson? Leaving her alone with Katie and Hayden while eating ice cream didn't seem too bright to me.
    Yes. That and the yelling while voting this episode and the yelling earlier in the season when they won group immunity despite his totally bungling the challenge, leaves me to think that even if he does make it to the end with Tyson and Monica, he will not be winning. Everyone sees him as Tyson's #2. Monica has at least won II three times so she can somewhat make a case for herself winning. I don't see that with Gervase. What can he say?..."I was a loyal soldier"...that isn't going to win him votes. Barring any last minute big moves on his part, I just don't see him winning.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Yes. That and the yelling while voting this episode and the yelling earlier in the season when they won group immunity despite his totally bungling the challenge, leaves me to think that even if he does make it to the end with Tyson and Monica, he will not be winning. Everyone sees him as Tyson's #2. Monica has at least won II three times so she can somewhat make a case for herself winning. I don't see that with Gervase. What can he say?..."I was a loyal soldier"...that isn't going to win him votes. Barring any last minute big moves on his part, I just don't see him winning.
    But with Hayden saying anyone with Tyson wont win, and will be number 2, seems all rather anticlimactic. I don't know if Aras and Vytes would vote for Tyson, they might vote for Monica ( jmho) Hayden should he make it to the F3 I bet he would get votes. Monica has to feel vulnerable right now
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Strategically, would it not have been smarter for Gervaise to choose Ciera for the ice cream rather than Tyson? Leaving her alone with Katie and Hayden while eating ice cream didn't seem too bright to me.
    I'm sure that went through his mind. Splitting up 3x3 wasn't as dangerous as when the reward challenges leave a majority back at camp to stew and strategize.

I'm glad Gervasse picked Monica first, for the reason that he did (even if it wasn't the real reason-sometimes the 2nd place finisher is rewarded this way).

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    My thoughts on him are would he have been so quick to go to the rock draw if he wasn't wearing the necklace? It was easy for him to stand his ground this week because he wasn't going home. But if say Katie were wearing the necklace would he have flipped? I'm kinda thinking he might have. It's easier to draw rocks when you're not the one in jeopardy.

I'm in the minority, but I love the concept of the rock pull because it makes people flip and try strategy. We saw it with Vytas earlier in the season. If he hadn't flipped, he'd have been drawing a rock because Hayden didn't flip. The rock thing can turn the game upside down, and it has several times. I hope they keep it. But I say add an extra layer to it and nullify the necklace and make everyone draw, including the 2 nominees. Now that would have been interesting last night. And I bet you money Gervais would have flipped in that instance because he didn't want to go home on a rock draw.
    GabbyG, tinderbox, Moontat and 1 others like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Gervase completely bungled the question at TC as to why he chose Monica and Tyson for the reward. He should have said they were the next closest potential winners during the challenges, so that seemed the most fair way to pick. Instead, he basically confirms them as the original 3 alliance, giving weight to Hayden's assertion to Ciera that she was number 4. When she said "I know I'm number 4, don't bull#$&*# me" I'm sure she was basing it on that stupid move by Gervase. Plus, did he not call the jury (mostly Aras/Vytas) liars and betrayers? Something like that. So strange, how he could self-destruct so badly and it's not even the FTC!

I didn't care for Gervase's yelling when he was voting for "Hay done" or for Tyson's poor attempt to correct Hayden's grammar (rustle, ruffle). It was so random and kind of pathetic, like that was the best jab he could get at Hayden, correct his grammar? Please.

I honestly think if Tyson makes it to the end, he wins. I think Aras and Vytas will vote for him over Gervase. For some reason they seem more angry at Gervase than Tyson, and I can't see either of them voting for Monica. They will see her as the goat, for sure. If Hayden makes it to the end he has a good chance. Depending on who comes back from RI, Ciera and Laura could prove dangerous, but I think Ciera has ratted too many people out and sent them to the jury.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 12-05-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Yea it looks like they did away with the Purple Rock of Death. This time they used a white rock
    ...the White Rock to Loserville.

Just glad that Katy got the white rock. She's totally useless. She has no strategy. Hayden was doing all the strategizing, she's just a bystander benefitting from Hayden's moves. With only 6 left are they finally bringing back the winner from RI next week?

Quote Originally Posted by bencalebrod View Post
    As Cirie mentioned in the first fans vs. favorites season, the rules since season 4 state that if a unresolved tie occurs PRIOR to the final 4, then those who didn't receive votes and aren't immune will have to draw a rock. If a tie occurs at the Final 4, however, THEN a fire-building challenge will be used. In my opinion, I think ties should be resolved prior to the merge with the other tribe getting to decide who goes (a la the old Biggest Loser rules) and after the merge with a fire-building challenge.
    Even before that, if you have prior votes against you since the merge, that will count if the tie was still unresolved. They did away with that. They should bring that back but add a new rule. You can vote for yourself on any succeeding TC so you can negate the prior vote against you.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't understand your post, jammyjoe. Why would you want to vote for yourself at tribal council?? I'd rather contestants not to be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    ...the White Rock to Loserville.

Just glad that Katy got the white rock. She's totally useless.
    Now jammyjoe. She did excel at something. She was pretty darn good at getting bopped on the head with the little ball in the Immunity Challenge!
    pikachu, mesachick and navybelle like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

+ Reply to Thread