+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: 11/27 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/27 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

I understand the comparisons between Tyson and Boston Rob. They are both game controllers. However, BR did it with a likeability factor, which lead to his win,....not so much with Tyson. He doesn't smile or endear himself to any of the other players which is why I cannot understand why they didn't booted him out weeks ago.

That said, I'm not convinced he will win this game if one of the final three. Right now, I'm thinking Monica will win but I'm rooting for Hayden.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I too am pulling for him to win - not only because he was on the unfortunate Pagong tribe (where they all got voted out by the larger Tagi team after merge) and he was actually a good player, but because he for the most part remembers this is a game, not real life. He may be hurt by some things but doesn't take it too personally. On the plus, if he's a juror again, he'll vote on gameplay I think as he did in season one.

Well all this and there really isn't anyone else I'm rooting for: I like Tyson OK, but he's trying to hard to be another "evil" type character, Hayden is OK but he's won, and most of the women are either forgettable or I just simply don't like. If Tina by some small chance does return to the game again, I will say I'll give her props for returning but I don't think she can win playing the way she has. Yes, it worked for Sandra, but her second win had a lot of luck with Hantz causing trouble and Parvati being seen as riding on his coattails. They may not have liked HOW Sandra got to the finals, but she did at least own up to her actions. I can't see Tina doing that this go.
    I'm curious about the bolded. Why do you think Tyson is trying that...or more accurately why do you get the evil vibe? I just see him as someone who simply has an acerbic type of personality. He is a bit of a rebel and in your face about it but I heard him once explain that it was kind of a rebellion because of his Mormon, Utah upbringing. I think if someone who was maybe a little prettier...softer featured vs. his very sharp face...more people would find him funny, charming a la Boston Rob. By the way, I don't know that the people on the island think of him as evil. They may feel threatened by him simply because they think he could win. He seems to be well liked and if I remember correctly from his previous seasons, people who played with him thought him very funny and he was well liked.
    Last edited by Midol; 11-29-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    jucamer likes this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I'm curious about the bolded. Why do you think Tyson is trying that...or more accurately why do you get the evil vibe? I just see him as someone who simply has an acerbic type of personality. He is a bit of a rebel and in your face about it but I heard him once explain that it was kind of a rebellion because of his Mormon, Utah upbringing. I think if someone who was maybe a little prettier...softer featured vs. his very sharp face...more people would find him funny, charming a la Boston Rob. By the way, I don't know that the people on the island think of him as evil. They may feel threatened by him simply because they think he could win. He seems to be well liked and if I remember correctly from his previous seasons, people who played with him thought him very funny and he was well liked.
    I think when we are watching( and we all watch with different views) rather than a sharp wit, it sometimes look like he is being overly arrogant. I don't see him as evil though. He is playing to win, and as much as I don't care for Ciera, she is doing the same thing imho. Its funny they all see Tyson as a threat, Vytas said something like that on RI. But nobody is , or was ,thinking of ousting him . I still love Gervase, but haven't seen his strategize, more like follow his leader( Tyson) I am sure Monia is doing the same because I still don't know why Caleb and Hayden didn't approach her as their 4th vote..
    captain likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Survivor: Blood vs. Water - Vytas Arrives At Ponderosa - YouTube

Vytas and his brother( ponderosa). He blames Aras, Aras feels guilty
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

So Vytas has a victim mentality and nothing is ever his fault.
    Florimel, Duckyface and ilja like this.

I do have to give Ceira a little credit during Trial when Jeff asked why she chose to eat and not compete. She said if she looks at the challenge and knows she can't win it then she might as well eat, versus playing, losing, and still getting no food. I still think her main reason was beccause she felt secure, but she did come up with a good argument to try to lessen the impact of how it looked to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    So Vytas has a victim mentality and nothing is ever his fault.
    Isn't that the truth, I am kinda glad he is out of the game.

I do have to give Ceira a little credit during Trial when Jeff asked why she chose to eat and not compete. She said if she looks at the challenge and knows she can't win it then she might as well eat, versus playing, losing, and still getting no food. I still think her main reason was because she felt secure, but she did come up with a good argument to try to lessen the impact of how it looked to everyone else.
    I agree Maybaybie , I also thinks it's part of her game play. I am weak, I am no threat.
    -Andy Rooney-

Why didn't Aras and Vytas shave at Ponderosa? I would think after eating & showering that would be the first thing they's want to do.
    Punkin and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Why didn't Aras and Vytas shave at Ponderosa? I would think after eating & showering that would be the first thing they's want to do.
    That's was MY question!!! I thought maybe I had the wrong link, no shaving, ewwww after all that time?
    jucamer likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I do have to give Ceira a little credit during Trial when Jeff asked why she chose to eat and not compete. She said if she looks at the challenge and knows she can't win it then she might as well eat, versus playing, losing, and still getting no food. I still think her main reason was beccause she felt secure, but she did come up with a good argument to try to lessen the impact of how it looked to everyone else.
    I thought that was a really smart answer on her part.

Sorry to hear Vytas is acting like a jerk (again) to Aras. He needs to grow up.

I seem to remember Tyson and Aras snuggling by the fire during one conversation earlier in the season. Makes me think he's been able to get along with plenty of people. He just has a smart ass personality and an acerbic sense of humour. I think either people on his tribe will get him or they won't. He definitely lacks the charm of BRob, but perhaps if he does go to the end, those closest to him might not be so bitter if he has to get rid of them along the way, since he doesn't seem to be the "new best friend" type of player. Don't get me wrong, BRob is my favourite all time player of Survivor, and I was completely thrilled that he won. But he does have a way of being the charmer and then stabbing you in the back Personally, knowing Tyson the little that I do from his previous seasons, if you completely trust him then that's your issue, not his.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread