+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: 11/27 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/27 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

Despite Tyson's horrible table manners, I'm still liking him. He's playing the game hard, but definitely knows it is a game and seems to be keeping any personal feelings out of it. He was being a brat when eating though, that's for sure!

Caleb and Hayden had the right idea to target Tyson, they just chose the wrong girl to tell it to. Ciera will be gone soon enough though. There is no way Tyson will keep her around with all the potential jury votes and with her ability to backstab people (she wrote her mom's name down! ) and her sneakiness. Sure, she's a good little soldier now but he doesn't trust her and I predict a blindside is in her future.

I understand why Laura helped Tina, but at the time, watching it, it rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.

Now, Monica. I can't stand her, but I give her mad respect for what a strong challenge player she has turned out to be. I would probably give her more props, but just knowing her boneheaded husband is probably crowing to everyone who will listen about what a powerhouse his wife is, I just can't. Despite her wins, she's still not viewed as a potential threat to actually win, though. You can tell that Tyson can barely stand to be around her, and really, what strategically has she done?

I hope Tyson or Gervase win, but would prefer Gervase. It would be a great story to have someone from season 1 come back and win in season 27. He's somewhat flying under the radar but he's definitely helping to make the decisions. I hope he can charm the jury if he makes it to the end. I thought Aras and Vytas were shooting all the evil looks to Tyson, but didn't one of them mention Gervase at RI at some point, as having betrayed them? I can't remember, honestly.

I do wonder, though, how Gervase will feel about Tyson keeping the HII a secret from him. Remember BRob's ally (what was his name again?) who was extremely angry to have been kept out of Rob's loop when it came to the HII. It should be interesting to see how that plays out next week.

I'm enjoying the season more than I thought. Tyson dumping his bag out was hysterical.
    Punkin, Shoepie, jucamer and 2 others like this.

At this point in time I am pulling for a Gervase win. I agree with Sweetpea that it would make an interesting story. Time may change my mind depending on his future game play.
    jucamer likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    At this point in time I am pulling for a Gervase win. I agree with Sweetpea that it would make an interesting story. Time may change my mind depending on his future game play.
    I have liked him from day one, I wouldn't mind if he won. I also wouldn't mind if Tyson won, Monica, well she is winning challenges, & beating the boys . I am still wondering who makes it back from RI. The person must know its an uphill battle as they were voted off once. I wonder if its Laura, she seems every relaxed at challenges.jmho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Tina's daughter still has a clue to the HII. There is still one out there, only 1 was found by Tyson. I did think it was funny that Tyson played his HII and did not even receive a vote.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Tina's daughter still has a clue to the HII. There is still one out there, only 1 was found by Tyson. I did think it was funny that Tyson played his HII and did not even receive a vote.
    Yes, that was priceless, it just goes to show, he wasn't that sure. He did make a production out of finding it though, that looked a lot like my purse when I tip it upside down
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I loved that Laura helped Tina stay. That is ever so much more entertaining to me than all the lying, manipulating, and backstabbing. I had already starting like Vytas less over the past couple of weeks so I wasnt' sorry to see him go although there are others I prefer to see gone first.

Those on Redemption Island were totally right about them letting vile Tyson control the game. I am becoming convinced that the casting people are choosing less between who is honorable and likes fair play and who doesn't and more between those that love to manipulate and those that are easily manipulated.

I confess I really don't watch anymore. I tape it and fast forward to watch the competitions only.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I personally didn't like Laura helping Tina. To me it ruins the integrity of the challenge. It's one thing for challenge "spectators" to be yelling things and giving advice, as they don't have a completed puzzle in front of them. A challenge competitor having a puzzle completely done and spelling it out clearly telling another competitor exactly what to do should NOT be allowed IMO. Especially with a puzzle like this, Laura pretty much did the challenge for Tina. I am biased since I'd have preferred Vytas to stay, but I'd rather the people doing the challenge were not able to help each other.

Ciera completely screwed herself. Now no one can trust her, and I think Tyson will be gunning for her next episode. The time to take out Tyson was this episode. 7 people left tends to be a good time to take out the person in control. I personally think Ciera would have had a better shot with Hayden, Caleb, and Katie at the end rather than Tyson and Gervase. People seem to acknowledge that Tyson is in control, but don't appear to want to do anything about it.
    teatime, Coco46, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    I too am pulling for him to win - not only because he was on the unfortunate Pagong tribe (where they all got voted out by the larger Tagi team after merge) and he was actually a good player, but because he for the most part remembers this is a game, not real life. He may be hurt by some things but doesn't take it too personally. On the plus, if he's a juror again, he'll vote on gameplay I think as he did in season one.

Well all this and there really isn't anyone else I'm rooting for: I like Tyson OK, but he's trying to hard to be another "evil" type character, Hayden is OK but he's won, and most of the women are either forgettable or I just simply don't like. If Tina by some small chance does return to the game again, I will say I'll give her props for returning but I don't think she can win playing the way she has. Yes, it worked for Sandra, but her second win had a lot of luck with Hantz causing trouble and Parvati being seen as riding on his coattails. They may not have liked HOW Sandra got to the finals, but she did at least own up to her actions. I can't see Tina doing that this go.
    Coco46 likes this.

It was the hands that did them in, not the strength, and the less you weigh, the less weight you had in the bag, the less pressure on your hands. Monica had not one blister. Don't get me wrong, I give her props for being strong and determined, but she had an advantage over the men in that challenge, and a pretty big one.

I thought for sure either Ciera or Tyson would go home after their display of arrogance at the challenge. I like me some good old fashioned comeuppance, and I was dissappointed we didn't get any. I can only hope it costs them some votes at the end.
    Coco46 likes this.

I get the feeling that Ciera thinks of herself as "blood", not "water". And I can understand why: the other "waters" are Hayden (who only recently started dating Kat), Caleb (who is dating Colton), and Katie (who is another daughter but who is basically useless). And when her mom got voted off before her, she decided that she's the better player (actually, she might be, but Laura was hamstrung because of having been voted out and wasn't part of the strategic discussions).

But I do think that this is going to come back to bite her. Even within the game, she should have been able to recognize what a big move it would have been to take out Tyson, even if it wasn't her idea. She probably could have made it to final three with Hayden and Caleb.

+ Reply to Thread