+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: 11/27 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/27 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 10 **West Coast Spoilers**

I thought Vytas was rather mean spirited to not even acknowledge Laura M after she helped beat him in the Redemption Island Challenge, speaks to character. What's funny is that some posters over on at EW are furious at Laura M for "cheating" and helping Tina but no one called out Vytas for stepping back and looking at Laura M's column to see how she positioned her blocks. Still I liked how Tina and Laura M worked together to eliminate Vytas. I think both ladies think they have a better chance at winning if their are competing against each other and not Vytas.

I know at lot of folks think that perhaps Laura M burned herself some jury votes but it seems that after the eliminated contestants have a chance to cool off and talk to each other at Ponderosa that most vote based on who they thought played the game the best.

I do find it funny that at one point the men wanted it to be an all male final 4 it seems that we may actually see more women then men in the finale. I also don't think Caleb has that much of a chance against Tina and Laura M at Redemption Island.

FYI: Only four more episodes to go:

12/15/13 (Su.) 10:00 PM CBS (#2715) The Reunion
    12/15/13 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#2714-120) Episode 14
    12/11/13 (We.) 8:00 PM CBS (#2713) Episode 13
    12/4/13 (We.) 8:00 PM CBS (#2712) Rustle Feathers
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I thought Vytas was rather mean spirited to not even acknowledge Laura M after she helped beat him in the Redemption Island Challenge, speaks to character. What's funny is that some posters over on at EW are furious at Laura M for "cheating" and helping Tina but no one called out Vytas for stepping back and looking at Laura M's column to see how she positioned her blocks. Still I liked how Tina and Laura M worked together to eliminate Vytas. I think both ladies think they have a better chance at winning if their are competing against each other and not Vytas.

I know at lot of folks think that perhaps Laura M burned herself some jury votes but it seems that after the eliminated contestants have a chance to cool off and talk to each other at Ponderosa that most vote based on who they thought played the game the best.

I do find it funny that at one point the men wanted it to be an all male final 4 it seems that we may actually see more women then men in the finale. I also don't think Caleb has that much of a chance against Tina and Laura M at Redemption Island.

FYI: Only four more episodes to go:

12/15/13 (Su.) 10:00 PM CBS (#2715) The Reunion
    12/15/13 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#2714-120) Episode 14
    12/11/13 (We.) 8:00 PM CBS (#2713) Episode 13
    12/4/13 (We.) 8:00 PM CBS (#2712) Rustle Feathers
    Why is it mean spirited to not acknowledge the woman who deliberately walked his competition through the challenge so that he would be defeated? Is he supposed to thank her for getting him kicked out of the game? I wouldn't either since at that point I would also be p*ssed. And from what I saw, Vytas wasn't trying to look at Laura's puzzle until she started giving Tina play by play instructions to complete the puzzle. Even then, he still nearly beat her.
    Punkin, Lil Bit, pikachu and 3 others like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Why is it mean spirited to not acknowledge the woman who deliberately walked his competition through the challenge so that he would be defeated? Is he supposed to thank her for getting him kicked out of the game? I wouldn't either since at that point I would also be p*ssed. And from what I saw, Vytas wasn't trying to look at Laura's puzzle until she started giving Tina play by play instructions to complete the puzzle. Even then, he still nearly beat her.
    I agree, I hope he is bitter or cranky on the jury
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Survivor: Blood vs. Water - Vytas Arrives At Ponderosa - YouTube

Vytas and his brother( ponderosa). He blames Aras, Aras feels guilty
    This is a rather simplistic summary of the video. It's true that Vytas said he thought he'd been taken out because of the way that Aras played the game, and Aras basically said the same thing in in confessional. It's possible that's true, because of how Aras played right before he left.

But when Aras told Vytas that he was sorry and that he felt like Vytas got taken out because of him, Vytas said it was no big deal, that it's just a game. He also said that he probably wouldn't have lasted past the merge if it hadn't been for Aras.

I didn't really see the victim mentality that you're talking about. Vytas seems to be genuinely grateful for the experience he's had, and he seems to be glad to be hanging with his brother at the Ponderosa, even though they'd both rather still be in the game
    Punkin, Lil Bit, sweetpea and 1 others like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Vytas started looking at Laura's puzzle that's when she started spinning it and then helping Tina. He kept looking and she kept spinning.

What I find mean spirited or should I say poor sportsmanship is that when he didn't do well he seemed to take it personally in the way he behaved while other contestants do recognize it for a game and when they are blindsided, or eliminated they are display good sportsmanship.

Also in Jeff Probst's recent interview in EW he mentioned that there are no rules saying you can not look or help someone in a challenge during Redemption Island so there is no cheating.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    This is a rather simplistic summary of the video. It's true that Vytas said he thought he'd been taken out because of the way that Aras played the game, and Aras basically said the same thing in in confessional. It's possible that's true, because of how Aras played right before he left.

But when Aras told Vytas that he was sorry and that he felt like Vytas got taken out because of him, Vytas said it was no big deal, that it's just a game. He also said that he probably wouldn't have lasted past the merge if it hadn't been for Aras.

I didn't really see the victim mentality that you're talking about. Vytas seems to be genuinely grateful for the experience he's had, and he seems to be glad to be hanging with his brother at the Ponderosa, even though they'd both rather still be in the game
    I sure saw it, but then I saw it in the game AND on RI. Vytas is the victim, and how many times do we have to hear he was junkie? enough already. I am glad he is gone buy bye!

Aras OTOH-cute, very cute
    Florimel and Photobabe like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post

I agree. I didn't get the victim mentality either...just natural regret and disappointment...particularly the next day when he had more time to digest everything. I have a feeling we might be seeing him again at some point and I have to admit that I would look forward to that. To me he seems to be one of the most complex, interesting people ever on the show...maybe not the most likeable, but certainly very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Vytas started looking at Laura's puzzle that's when she started spinning it and then helping Tina. He kept looking and she kept spinning.

What I find mean spirited or should I say poor sportsmanship is that when he didn't do well he seemed to take it personally in the way he behaved while other contestants do recognize it for a game and when they are blindsided, or eliminated they are display good sportsmanship.

Also in Jeff Probst's recent interview in EW he mentioned that there are no rules saying you can not look or help someone in a challenge during Redemption Island so there is no cheating.
    It is hard to say exactly when he started looking, but, to me it seemed that Laura started telling Tina how to complete the puzzle, Vytas then started looking and Laura then started spinning. Doesn't matter much because they can edit it to look any way they want.

As to your other point, while it is true that neither Vytas or Laura cheated, it is easy to say from the comfort of our couch how someone should behave who hasn't been eating or sleeping and has been stressed and on the edge, at this point, I believe it was almost a month.. Most of the time, when people are voted off, they already have an idea that they are going and have time to process. Some are more accepting that it is just a game then others. Most, given time to process, eventually come to that conclusion. Vytas seemed OK when he was voted off, I think it was the way that he was eliminated from RI that he took exception to. While it may have been within the rules, it does not mean that one does not take it personally since Laura was deliberately working against him. Yes, it was not against the rules and I understand her reasoning for doing it, but, I understand his frustration as well. I don't see what he did as poor sportsmanship, I just see it as frustration. To come so close and then have someone....deliberately...and in a very personal, in your face manner...ruin your chance. Well, I for one, can't say I blame him....rules or no rules.
    Last edited by Midol; 12-01-2013 at 02:48 AM.
    Punkin, Shoepie, teatime and 1 others like this.

If I had been Vytas, at that moment, I'd have been pissed too. I'm not sure I would want a "sorry about that" hug from Laura either, when she had worked so hard to get him out of the game. He AND Tina looked over at Laura's puzzle after Probst announced her the winner, at which point she started spinning it while telling Tina, who was completely lost, exactly what she needed to do to win. When Vytas realized that, he got more and more desperate because at that point it was two against one, essentially. Laura I'm sure didn't read too much into him not wanting a hug at the end. She's a fierce challenge competitor and you bet if the shoe had been on the other foot and she were the one going home, she would be equally angry and frustrated.
    Punkin and Midol like this.

Laura is fierce, maybe that's why she wanted to keep Tina and not Vytas. Good move on her part imho
    Punkin likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread