+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: 11/20 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 11/20 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Terry was the American Airlines pilot. That season also included Cirie and Shane. Also I apologize. I thought Terry was in his 50's but Wikipedia says he was 46. They were on Survivor Panama.

Terry won 5 immunity challenges and 4 reward challenges in a row. He also found the immunity idol on exile island, but he never had to play it because he kept winning immunity. A poster above said he was arrogant, but to me that's just the pilot in him. He also got his start as a naval aviator. WatchTop Gun if you want to see the attitude that is commonplace among them. I've never met a pilot who wasn't on the cocky side, and I've never met a Navy pilot who wasn't super cocky. You'd have to be cocky to have the cool to land an aircraft, especially in a troubled situation. Trust me even Sully was arrogant, and with good cause. Plus they wanted Terry out since the merge but he kept winning. He had a reason to be smug. He played as hard as he could and really deserved to win. At the final tribal Shane actually told them neither of them deserved to win. Aras won 5-2.

The older firefighter was Tom, and he won. I liked him too.
    Thanks--mixing up my macho men. I love Cirie, so another reason not to like Terry...

Almost every topic has been posted here and done really well so not much I can add....except my own personal thoughts.
    I think Monica gave the others the food because 1. she's used to starving herself just because of who she is and who she hangs out with. So it wasn't too difficult a decision. I think she did it for political reasons, 90% and 2. Because of a life of very little food, she knew it wouldn't hurt that much. And what's wrong if she did it 100% strategically?? Isn't that what helps you in the game.
    I think she probably does a lot of yoga to get those long lean muscles, which is what helped her win. Hayden's muscle-bulk is what hurt him.
    I'm more impressed w/Monica than I ever thought I would be,

Laura M and her "baby" Cierra drives me batty sometimes. She's constantly harping on the mother/daughter relationship...like it's so very different from most mother/daughter relationships. She postures like Mother of The Year. So I am surprised that she could see that Cierra playing her own game was a positive thing. It's the goal of all parents to raise a strong, independent adult. Laura always struck me as someone who'd want to still have a hold on to her adult child.

Go, home, Tyson. Please.
    Kocky_Kamikaze, PWS and Coco46 like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, I don't like either Laura M or Monica, but in their ways they are playing strong games.... I would love to see Tyson blindsided... but I'm guessing it doesn't happen just because the previews make it seem like it will.
    Coco46 likes this.

Aras seems like a great guy, he went out with class, which doesn't always happen, especially with people who are blindsided. I hope he and Vytas are able to have a good relationship going forward. I knew it would be Aras or Vytas losing with Vytas saying that Tina would be going home after she arrived on Redemption Island last week, though I was kind of expecting Vytas to go since he appeared more arrogant in his edit.

Monica absolutely did the right thing, especially when those she didn't pick would be forced to watch them eat, that's just cruel. Of course, her having immunity probably made that decision easier...if this was just a reward challenge, I'm not so sure she'd be willing to give it up. I'm kind of surprised that Ciera turned on her mom...my guess was that either Gervase and his niece (which of course couldn't happen anyway) or Aras and Vytas would be the most likely to turn on each other. We saw what happened when Laura B told Vytas was he gone, but this was obviously very different. I'm sure something like this is exactly what Probst and company were hoping for when they came up with the Blood vs Water concept.

So will King Tyson finally be dethroned next week? I have my doubts, and he is playing a brilliant game. I couldn't help but notice that even though taking out Laura M was his idea, he threw Hayden and Caleb under the bus when pitching the idea to Ciera. Then again, it's happened before...there's only one or two or three people left in the minority alliance. The majority figure they can take out one of the threats in their alliance now, worry about these people later, but then, before you know it, this minority is suddenly controlling the game. The fact that Katie isn't very threatening could be a reason to take Tyson out next and keep her in the game another three days.

I have no idea is Tyson is about to be tossed, and since that is what the preview suggests, it seems unlikely, LOL. However, I am very encouraged that it is being *discussed*. Depending on the alliance, discussion may be self-inflicting, but I hate situations where there is an obvious manipulator and everyone blindly goes along with him.

I too am happy that someone at least is thinking of overthrowing Tyson, and I like him! It makes for a more interesting game when there are some power struggles. Soon the alliance will have to turn on themselves, so now is the time for the floaters (Caleb, Hayden, Cierra) to make something happen to take out the leaders. Not sure if it will work, as Tyson is a wily one and seems to be able to sniff out potential trouble. I'm just hoping he will play his HII just to shock everyone. Hayden and Caleb were idiots to share the HII clues with Tyson 5 min after they became a new tribe. Bet if they came back they won't make that mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I too am happy that someone at least is thinking of overthrowing Tyson, and I like him! It makes for a more interesting game when there are some power struggles. Soon the alliance will have to turn on themselves, so now is the time for the floaters (Caleb, Hayden, Cierra) to make something happen to take out the leaders. Not sure if it will work, as Tyson is a wily one and seems to be able to sniff out potential trouble. I'm just hoping he will play his HII just to shock everyone. Hayden and Caleb were idiots to share the HII clues with Tyson 5 min after they became a new tribe. Bet if they came back they won't make that mistake again.
    I wish someone would make a deal with Hayden for the F3. There is still time, if they did blindside Tyson, then Gervase could..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789