+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: 11/20 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/20 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Vytas kind of scares me. Originally I thought he was mentally healthy and ready to commit to his sobriety but when I see the existing baggage he has with his brother I see there is still a lot of work to be done.

I think he has spent his life as the screw up and he has never gotten over that pain. He has a hunger to prove his family wrong that is very unhealthy.
    justCoz and Alexxxx like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Vytas kind of scares me. Originally I thought he was mentally healthy and ready to commit to his sobriety but when I see the existing baggage he has with his brother I see there is still a lot of work to be done.

I think he has spent his life as the screw up and he has never gotten over that pain. He has a hunger to prove his family wrong that is very unhealthy.

Yeap, I still get the "I am going to screw up my brother's life because he did better then me" vibe from him.
    Punkin, justCoz, Duckyface and 2 others like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Punkin, Dragonlady and Jaceegirl like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I just watched the Ponderosa clip of Aras arrival. He talks a lot about his relationship with Vytas. It seemed a little sad to me.

It looks as if Ponderosa and been much improved. I don't remember the buildings being so comfortable and attractive.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

The exchange between Vytas and Aras was hard to watch. There still seems to be so much they need to work on. But I think they love each other a great deal, yet like any grown siblings, they will fight and carry old baggage with them. I didn't see anything about Vytas that makes me question his commitment to sobriety. I'm sure it is a fight he will live through on a daily basis, but I am sure he has found the skills he needs to work through it.

I actually appreciated the exchange between the brothers. I love Aras, have always liked him since he won his season (couldn't stand Terry, talk about arrogance) and so of course I felt for him when he looked at Vytas after Jeff asked about their relationship. He seems to be in a very comfortable, loving and forgiving place. But their struggle is one I am sure many people can relate to, and I don't see one as the hero and the other as the villain. Sometimes old wounds are tough to heal, but I think they will. At least I hope so.

I think my Monica disdain is clouding my vision, but all I could think when she gave up the reward food was that it was 90% manipulation. Plus, I doubt she eats anything as junky as that food, did you see her arms? yowza she is in rock hard shape!
    jucamer and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I could have sworn that Yul won a couple of individual challenges during his season.
    I think he did too, but he used the HII so skillfully he didn't have to worry either way - he used it as a threat that made the folks scramble and kept him into play. (he's one of the few if not the only one who never used his HII).

Sandra's is a bit off - she didn't win one her first season, but I do believe she won one time in the second season. To be fair, she is the only repeat winner, so it's easy to possibly overlook it.

As far as this season - it's nice to know at least one person won't be a repeat winner. I like Aras well enough, but he's won. It's the same with Tina - like her (though I felt she got lucky in her win a bit), but she's won. And unlike Sandra - I think they overplayed their hands and thought they'd be returnees to the final three and hopefully win like Sandra. They weren't playing their game, they changed it up too much and it hurt them. (Well that and admittedly Sandra lucked out having unlikable Russell Hantz and coattail Parvati).

I've always loved Monica. She was in such a zone during that challenge. Yes, in excellent shape, and you have to earn that.

That challenge reward is a mixed blessing. It isn't manipulation so much as self-preservation. It was a reasonable strategy choice on her part.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Thanks Your Fired because I don't remember Aras either. I don't even remember Terry. I'm going to look it up and then it might come flooding back to me. Even as you describe it I still don't have a clue and yet I have watched every episode.
    How crazy! I don't remember either Aras or Terry either. And I, too, have watched every episode of every season! I think my brains are leaking.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Thanks Your Fired because I don't remember Aras either. I don't even remember Terry. I'm going to look it up and then it might come flooding back to me. Even as you describe it I still don't have a clue and yet I have watched every episode. I knew hayden wold drop fits, the more weight on them, the harder it is .Except for Ciera who is useless at every challenge imho

I don't mind Tyson even if he is cocky because he seems to be playing the game or at least he has gotten most of the camera time. We did see quite a bit of Laura and Ciera, but that to me was not really game. Monica seems to be very good at challenges and got herself a 2nd one. I know Tyson has shoulder problems, but thought Hayden would do better than be first out. Maybe it's easier for people who are lighter.

I agree with Fanny about Vytas - thought I liked him at first, but not so much now. One person we barely hear anything from is Gervase. Other than seeing him at the RI challenge I can't remember seeing him that much. He wasn't with Tyson when he approached Caleb and Hayden and I only remember him asking who the vote was going to be for. I wonder why that is?

I didn't mind Laura being voted out because she annoyed me when she had to follow Katie around in order to try and get the HI. I guess it's part of the game, but it still annoyed me. I know Tyson already has one, but I thought they use to put more of them into the game. The clue was the same so I guess they didn't this season or maybe they don't replace them until the one has been used. Guess my memory is really getting bad about a lot of things, just not forgetting certain players.

Don't really have anything to add that people haven't already mentioned. This was not the most exciting episode. Maybe I would feel differently if I were in the Survivor Pool.
    Terry or Aras, nope nothing. I did look up Aras and I still don't remember him. This is so odd to me .I don't think he and Vytas will ever be close .I am in the pool Jacee, and I was a bit bored. I still like Gervase, I would love him to win..I didn't know Tina was so small, standing beside the bothers, she looked so teeny

I am not disliking Monica as much as I did..she was dammed if she didn't give up the food, and dammed if she did.Roll on next week and a possible blindside..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree with whoever said the food wasn't a huge sacrifice for her. I'd guess she is on a pretty lean diet in the real world anyway. That definition is hard work both exercise and diet wise.

I'd like even a 1/4 of that commitment. I don't want to be that defined but I'd like to not have arms that keep waving long after people have left.
    Punkin, Brooks, PWS and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread