+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: 11/20 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/20 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Fanny I think you are right that the blindside next week will go awry. They don't usually show such obvious spoilers for the next week and I am in fact wondering if it is Caleb that goes next since he actually spoke this week and seems to be prominently featured for next. If a person has barely been seen or heard from for weeks and all of a sudden is featured...usually doesn't bode well.
    We said the same thing Midol. Look at Rupert's wife, she didn't say boo! once she did she was out of there..I am hoping that's not so with Caleb, it seemed like Cierra was stirring it up as well..
    Alexxxx likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, I'm afraid that this bodes that someone squeals to the planned victim ... and Tyson then uses his idol and votes for Caleb... OR he uses his powers of persuasion and gets Caleb out for disloyalty to the core 5. Although so many people seem to be going along with the plan it is certainly possible that only the idol saves Tyson.

Dang....I would like to see Tyson go....
    Last edited by PWS; 11-20-2013 at 11:25 PM.
    Coco46 and ilja like this.

Glad Tina survive the duel. It will be interesting next week with Laura M, Tina and Vytas.

Ciera ... I have never, ever thought of her a a contender in this game. Yes, she is strategically a better player than Katie but I can't see her winning any immunity challenges. Has there ever been a Survivor winner who never won a Immunity Challenge??

Please, please, please blindside Tyson ... that would be so funny ... especially with a Hidden Immunity Idol sitting in his pocket (figuratively).
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Glad Tina survive the duel. It will be interesting next week with Laura M, Tina and Vytas.

Ciera ... I have never, ever thought of her a a contender in this game. Yes, she is strategically a better player than Katie but I can't see her winning any immunity challenges. Has there ever been a Survivor winner who never won a Immunity Challenge??

Please, please, please blindside Tyson ... that would be so funny ... especially with a Hidden Immunity Idol sitting in his pocket (figuratively).

Well I can answer my own question:

Survivor By The Stats – The Top 5 Players According to Statistics | Survivor Oz

never have won a challenge are winners Earl Cole, Todd Herzog, Yul Kwon and Sandra Diaz-Twine.
    I could have sworn that Yul won a couple of individual challenges during his season.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yeah, I'm afraid that this bodes that someone squeals to the planned victim ... and Tyson then uses his idol and votes for Caleb... OR he uses his powers of persuasion and gets Caleb out for disloyalty to the core 5. Although so many people seem to be going along with the plan it is certainly possible that only the idol saves Tyson.

Dang....I would like to see Tyson go....
    He has become more cocky with each episode..

I just think he has too many with him( alliance) Gervase for sure would run and tell. Maybe they can keep it from him? Hayden was on board wasnt he? I wonder if Hayden could win this thing..
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

People keep comparing Tyson's cockiness to Boston Rob's....which I didn't find nearly so annoying (in his later appearances)....I'm afraid I'm so shallow that it's because BR is soooo much cuter than Tyson. I also remember Tyson's "clowning around" his first season... as not funny at all.
    Punkin likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I much prefer Tyson to Rob.
    xcptnl likes this.

I liked Rob( I love his smile / his cheeky grin) Tyson looks like he is snarling .Hang on- he probably is.
    -Andy Rooney-

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by esposa View Post
    Gag, I cant believe her mom is trying to spin it like it's "a blessing" that her daughter just flat out told her "nuts to you, I'm in it for me" to her face. WTH?
    I actually agree with her, and I'm not even a mother. I think her point was she raised a strong independent woman who doesn't need mommy to survive. Every parent's goal should be to raise a strong self sufficient child. Too many parents want to keep a bit of dependency in their children because they selfishly don't want to let them go and be their own person. I actually commend her for taking it that way (because I believe it's true) instead of sulking and the whole "but I gave you life" BS.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23 View Post
    Why don't Laura and Ciera bring in Katie (since she has no allies left) and Monica (since she's on the bottom)? Why let Tyson and company call the shots?
    Exactly! They could have used that moment to vote out one of the guys. If it went to a tie and the guys knew the girls were strong then one of them would have turned on the guy to keep from drawing a rock (just like Vytas turned earlier in the season). Such a wasted opportunity. Those 4 are gonna run the table I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I will be hoping Vytas goes, I decided tonight I am not that keen on him. How nice is Aras though? shame I just don't remember him
    It's a shame you don't remember his season. IMO his was one of the best Survivor seasons ever. It basically eneded up as Aras the great social player vs Terry the amazing challenge god (better than Ozzy actually since Ozzy's prowess happened at the prime of his life and Terry's in his late 50's). Aras' alliance was in control but Terry kept winning immunity and stayed around until final 3. Had Terry won the F3 IC he would have likely taken Aras out because Aras had the jury votes. Instead Aras' flunky Danielle won the challenge and took out Terrry despite knowing she couldn't beat Aras. That was the last season they had a F2 and many believe that is the reason they now have a F3 -- because Terry deserved to ssit in final tribal council more than anyone that season.

Funny thing is I was Team Terry so I hated Aras that season. I liked him this time around. I don't know if Aras was more cocky when he was younger or if I waas just so blinded by my Terry love to not give him a chance. But he redeemed himself. BTW this was the spring 2006 season if anyone wants to go look for it. Can't remember the location.
    Last edited by yourefired; 11-21-2013 at 07:43 AM.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Thanks Your Fired because I don't remember Aras either. I don't even remember Terry. I'm going to look it up and then it might come flooding back to me. Even as you describe it I still don't have a clue and yet I have watched every episode.

I don't mind Tyson even if he is cocky because he seems to be playing the game or at least he has gotten most of the camera time. We did see quite a bit of Laura and Ciera, but that to me was not really game. Monica seems to be very good at challenges and got herself a 2nd one. I know Tyson has shoulder problems, but thought Hayden would do better than be first out. Maybe it's easier for people who are lighter.

I agree with Fanny about Vytas - thought I liked him at first, but not so much now. One person we barely hear anything from is Gervase. Other than seeing him at the RI challenge I can't remember seeing him that much. He wasn't with Tyson when he approached Caleb and Hayden and I only remember him asking who the vote was going to be for. I wonder why that is?

I didn't mind Laura being voted out because she annoyed me when she had to follow Katie around in order to try and get the HI. I guess it's part of the game, but it still annoyed me. I know Tyson already has one, but I thought they use to put more of them into the game. The clue was the same so I guess they didn't this season or maybe they don't replace them until the one has been used. Guess my memory is really getting bad about a lot of things, just not forgetting certain players.

Don't really have anything to add that people haven't already mentioned. This was not the most exciting episode. Maybe I would feel differently if I were in the Survivor Pool.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 11-21-2013 at 08:38 AM.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread