+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is your favorite part of the season in Survivor?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

What is your favorite part of the season in Survivor?

Which part of Survivor are you most excited to see and/or find the most fulfilling to watch?

1. The premiere--getting introduced to the castaways, watching them in their first challenge, the first tribal council.
    2. The merge--the first time everyone camps together and immunity shifts from the team to the individual.
    3. The Survivor auction--time to watch somebody bid $500 for a jar of peanut butter!
    4. The family visits--when the loved ones get to visit for a day and participate in a challenge.
    5. The finale--questions from the jury and the final tribal council, where we find out the winner.
    6. Other--specify in your post what you most look forward to.

For me, there are many highlights of the season but probably my favorite is (#5) the finale, unless I don't like any of the finalists, and (#1) the premiere.

One favorite of mine that I didn't list because it's unpredictable is the big blindside of the season. There's usually at least one that completely changes the game. Either the alliance that was calling the shots suddenly gets dethroned or somebody who was hanging on by the skin of their teeth for many episodes suddenly recovers and takes charge. I love that break from the expected! Survivor gets boring when it becomes too predictable.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: What is your favorite part of the season in Survivor?

I just remembered an option I should have put on the poll:

7. When a hidden immunity idol is played.

It's exciting enough when a hidden immunity idol is found but when it's played correctly, it can be a game-changer! I love it when an alliance thinks they have someone out for sure and then that person whips out an idol and everyone smacks their face because they know one of their own members is going home.

I don't like this current trend of people burning the clue to the idol, or past trends of tribes throwing the idol away or not even looking for the idol for fear of getting a target on their back. Hidden immunity idols were meant to be played!!! I also don't like it when people feel they need to blab about having the idol. It's much smarter to keep it to yourself, especially if you're afraid of putting a target on yourself and being forced to use the idol.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Premiere, where the game begins and we meet everyone for the first time.

Then I enjoy the rest.

FORT Fogey

I love the food auctions and rewards. Earlier in this franchaise they were more desperate though. I loved them coming back to camp with freshly washed hair and full stomachs. We don't see them win showers anymore. They must give them biodegradable soap so they can wash in the ocean. Not bathing for 39 days can result in nasty infections and fungus problems.

And I love the finale and reunion.

That's a good question. As much as I enjoy the Survivor auctions, I'd probably have to go with the merge. In one sense, it's kind of like the last tribal challenge in that it determines what alliance and which former tribe will be dominant for the rest of the game. Aside from the final tribal council, in many seasons I'd say the tribal council after the merge was the most important in determining how the game would end.

+ Reply to Thread