+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Survivor Confessions

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Survivor Confessions

I wouldn't mind a quickfire Survivor trivia. You'd be amazed at how quickly I can come up with random answers.

For example, if you ask me something like... the 12th placer from season 17... that would be... Ace.
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I wouldn't mind a quickfire Survivor trivia. You'd be amazed at how quickly I can come up with random answers.

For example, if you ask me something like... the 12th placer from season 17... that would be... Ace.
    I don't think you would have any competition. So right now I will declare you the winner!
    ilja and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I can name every Survivor contestant ever, in the order they were eliminated in their seasons. As proof, I'll just randomly name all the Thailand contestants right now:

John
    Tanya
    Jed
    Ghandia
    Stephanie
    Robb
    Shii Ann
    Erin
    Ken
    Penny
    Jake
    Ted
    Helen
    Jan
    Clay
    Brian

In order of elimination. It's not memory. It's just knowledge.

I liked Brian. He was a great winner for sure.

My least favorite winner is Jenna Morasca. She was hideous as a person and did not deserve to win.

All-Stars is one of the hardest seasons for me to rewatch, because I can't stand how everyone just let Rob/Amber coast to the end. Really gut-wrenching.

I love that Sandra won twice, too. She's one of my favorite winners and one of my top female contestants ever.

I also love Redemption Island. It adds fun to the game. Yet ironically, RI saved one of my least favorites, Ozzy, twice.
    Remember the incident with Ted and Ghandia? That was one of the more uncomfortable Survivor moments for sure.

Brian played one of the best games in Survivor history, and I'd love to see him come back. Even though he should be viewed as a threat, he was on so long ago, and a lot of today's players seem to be more casual fans of the show, he might be able to get by without anyone remembering him. He did say in a recent interview he'd love to come back, but Probst seems to hate him and everything associated with Survivor Thailand.

I'm not a fan of Jenna either, I felt for her though after what happened to her mother in All Stars, even though she probably shouldn't have gone that season in the first place. I don't hold quitting against her like I do the other quitters though, especially when she did win, and she probably had a better reason for quitting then any of the other quitters.

Yeah, I already confessed that I'm not a fan of fan favorite All Stars. I also didn't like that many of these players, especially Lex, were so bitter. I usually don't mind bitter jurors, as they are part of the game, and something the winner will have to overcome, but the returning players should have known better, especially after making dumb mistakes like voting out Jerri over Amber.

Sandra's one of my favorite winners too. I'm not a fan of Heroes vs Villains, but I loved its ending...both Sandra winning for the second time and Russell losing for the second time.

I didn't really like Redemption Island season on the first season with Rob and Russell, but it's grown on me in South Pacific and especially on Blood vs Water. I'd actually like to see how Redemption would play out on a season with all new players.

Jenna Morasca is actually one of my random favorites as far as winners go. Sure she wasn't the most likable or the best player that season but she is the closest we have ever gotten to a really over the top negative type of winner. When I originally watched the season I loved Christy and did not like Jenna. Looking back, I can appreciate what Jenna brought to the season. Her win fit the theme perfectly (strong Amazon woman). She went from spoiled lazy brat to the underdog that won four immunities. I was glad when she gave Deena and Rob the boot as well.

FORT Regular

Sandra's one of my favorite winners too. I'm not a fan of Heroes vs Villains, but I loved its ending...both Sandra winning for the second time and Russell losing for the second time.
    Sandra is by far the least deserving winner to me. Both the times she made it to the end, she floated there by making people think there's no way she could win, and she got lucky both times to make it with the least liked people of the season (bar Johnny Fairplay the 1st time around ). In fact, along with Cochran's total cowardice when the tribes merged the first time he played, I can't believe Lil taking Sandra over Johnny to the final tribal counsel was overlooked as a STUPIDEST move in survivor history contender. She basically cost herself $1,000,000 just to do the "right" thing and make sure Fairplay didn't make it to the final.

Quote Originally Posted by bencalebrod View Post
    Sandra is by far the least deserving winner to me. Both the times she made it to the end, she floated there by making people think there's no way she could win, and she got lucky both times to make it with the least liked people of the season (bar Johnny Fairplay the 1st time around ).
    Isn't that really smart gameplay though? If you're not a physical dominator like JT or Tom you have to rely on people taking you to the end. Your best bet is convincing them that you have no shot at winning. Sandra did that twice with her worst enemies (Fairplay and Russell) in spite of the fact that she had friends on the jury both times. Granted Lill took her to end in Pearl Islands, but Fairplay and Russell both worked with her and dragged her along in spite of the fact that she was vocal about hating both of them. That takes mad skill.

She also hides behind a stronger player (Rupert, Rob M) and deflects the attention onto them so when they get voted off for being a threat, she is left to wheel and deal. That's how I would play it.
    JohnnyK likes this.

FORT Fan

I stopped liking Russell Hantz when he cried because he was voted out. What a wuss (sp.)...

I don't remember what season I started watching, but I didn't watch it initially because I worked nights and didn't want to add it to my long list of programs that I taped.

A million dollars means a lot to me also, but I can't imagine eating any of the nasty creatures especially in a challenge.

I think I may be too much of a clean freak, to go that many days without properly bathing.

I'm still not dating Survivor. I flirt every now and then and I dated it heavily last year. Unfortunately, this year it has mostly been too boring (excluding the last tribal council) for me to care one way or the other.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I plan on collecting more HD Survivor DVDs. Today I got Thailand.

Aaand the quality is amazing.

Thailand is definitely not one of my favorite all-time seasons, but everything's better on DVD.
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234