+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: 11/06 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/06 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    If Tyson remains in control I think it unlikely he'll go after Vytas. I think a more likely target would be a woman with a loved one in the game. Most likely Tina since he has an alliance with Ciera.
    The singles alliance can go 3 ways about it. They can target Vytas to make sure that only 1 of the brothers will go back from RI. They can also target Laura as they know that she is physically competitive and have a chance against Aras. They can target Tina as she gets upset and know that she is scrambling. She's also a strategic threat. Ciera and Katie are no threats, they're just pawns.

I don't like this 2nd Redemption Island twist. They already merged, enough with the RI already! Whoever goes back at this point will have a tremendous advantage as he/she will be the swing vote at a very late stage in the game.

Funny that Ciera wanted her mom to lose. She knew that mom will cramp her game. She's already in a good position, so she's afraid that they will get targeted for being a pair and because Laura is not trustworthy which means that Ciera will not be privy to whatever is really happening in her alliance. Telling her mom not to overthink/overstrategize and just go with the singles alliance original plan was the right thing to do.

Here's my take. I don't think Tyson will go after Vytas immediately. That would be plan B or C. Plan A is to take out one of the women. You don't want the other gender to have a majority because anytime in the game they can band together. So it's going to be either Tina or Laura. Since Laura is in with him (thru Ciera) in taking out the pairs, I think Tina will be the first target. Tina understood this, as you can see she was upset in the next episode saying to someone that they just lost 5 votes in the jury. If Tina wins II, then it will be Laura. This is plain and simple...Laura should not overcomplicate it and Monica need not have to overstate it.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 11-07-2013 at 02:18 PM.

I just wish they'd eliminate Tyson from the game. I can't stand his game play. I also don't see why those with loved ones still around should not have an equal chance to win; I don't see any difference between an alliance of loved ones as opposed to an alliance of non-relatives. Same song, different arrangement.

I sadly do not recall anyone even trying to split the alliance of Rob Mariano and Amber either before or after they married. He was another one I couldn't stand then or now. JMO
    captain and march like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Does anyone know if Jeff or any production crew or contestants are in the path of the super typhoon bearing down on the Philippines? I don't know if they are currently filming or if it's in a much different location.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Does anyone know if Jeff or any production crew or contestants are in the path of the super typhoon bearing down on the Philippines? I don't know if they are currently filming or if it's in a much different location.
    I thought this show had wrapped up already.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought this show had wrapped up already.
    That's true, I'm wondering about Survivor 28 or 29 or some residual team that may be in harm's way.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I like Tyson and am all for him being in control.

Aras going was definitely no surprise to me.
    pikachu and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I just wish they'd eliminate Tyson from the game. I can't stand his game play. I also don't see why those with loved ones still around should not have an equal chance to win; I don't see any difference between an alliance of loved ones as opposed to an alliance of non-relatives. Same song, different arrangement.

I sadly do not recall anyone even trying to split the alliance of Rob Mariano and Amber either before or after they married. He was another one I couldn't stand then or now. JMO
    Theoretically everyone has an equal chance to win, however, there is quite a big difference between an alliance of loved ones vs one of non-relatives and that is why the loved ones pairs need to be split up.

When it comes to the end, those familiy members are going to stick together and are going to cut you rather than their family member. Also their chances of winning immunity improve because it is a 2:1 advantage. If it is just a regular alliance you have a better chance of wiggling your way in or getting people to turn on someone else...but, odds are they won't turn on a family member.

Lex tried to get Amber voted of on all-stars when she and Rob first met. Instead, Rob turned on Lex and got him eliminated and took Amber to the end...and evenually married her. As far as I recall, they never played Survivor together again although they did run the Amazing Race together twice.

While I thought Rob was a cocky, mouthy, young guy during his first stint, I really grew to appreciate his game play and his sense of humour over the years. In the end, he became my favourite survivor. Tyson has a very similar personality...confident, cocky but, with a sense of humour which I always like. His game play seems to have improved this season and I am really enjoying him watching him.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

It sort of depends on the relation, but obviously a husband/wife team are going to share in the money equally so they have a much greater stake in seeing their loved one win. A mother/daughter team will likely share in the money to some extent, brother/brother less so I would imagine and niece/uncle probably not too much, and with boyfriend/girlfriend it really depends on the relationship but probably the other would benefit to a good degree. With strangers there are rules in survivor about making any deals to share the money, but they can't really do that when you're family, at least not in the same way. I mean you buy a bigger house your spouse will live there, you take the family on a cruise your brother/daughter/mother will go.

Then there's also the damage going behind a loved ones back to vote them out would do to a life long relationship. To most people that isn't worth a million dollars, so those couples that are family are going to stick tight together. Far tighter than any "we met on the island and promised to be in an alliance" relationship ever would.

The likelihood of sharing in the money, or caring to the same extent about the relationship, when it's just someone you met during the game are close to nil (obviously Rob/Amber were an aberration) so it's really a different situation. I think you need to split up the pairs and I think that was obvious from the time they announced the concept.
    MsFaninNJ likes this.

What Midol and Duckyface said.

That's Survivor 101 for you.

I know most people feel differently than I do and that's okay, of course. I stand by my opinions. My ideal win would be for Tina with or without her daughter.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread