+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: 11/06 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 11/06 Survivor 27: Blood vs. Water Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I would like to sit next to Monica at the end , don't think she will make it that far
    Have to disagree. BECAUSE she would be the best person to be sitting next to at the end (and NO ONE will vote for her), all of the stronger players will drag her through.
    Shoepie likes this.

I agree- but I think Tina knows this game, she won, Tyson OTOH did not win

Yes, Tina did win this game what 12 years ago. They did not have Hidden Immunity Idols in her season, they didn't have Redemption Island in her season. The game has changed and evolved since Tina last played the game and while she plays a good social and strategic game you can't use the same strategy you did 12 yrs ago.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Yes, Tina did win this game what 12 years ago. They did not have Hidden Immunity Idols in her season, they didn't have Redemption Island in her season. The game has changed and evolved since Tina last played the game and while she plays a good social and strategic game you can't use the same strategy you did 12 yrs ago.
    That is true. It's also true when Rob played again. There were no HII's or RI when he first played, but when he did win the game, both those were in play during that season for him. He adapted, so can Tina.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    That is true. It's also true when Rob played again. There were no HII's or RI when he first played, but when he did win the game, both those were in play during that season for him. He adapted, so can Tina.
    The difference between returnees Rob and Tina is that Tina has a bigger target on her back having won a previous season.
    Midol likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yeah, John really had no chance in that duel. I think they should have used that in an earlier duel, or maybe for an immunity challenge, rather than the final duel determining who got to reenter the game just in the interest of there being some balance in such an important challenge. I do have to give Laura B credit, she fought and managed to hold on for quite a while despite slipping early on.

I'm not sure what Aras's best move, aside from winning immunity, would have been at this point. Yes, there was the idea of the three couples forming a majority alliance, but then again, Laura M was an easy target that he theoretically could get everyone else except Ciera behind. Tyson played his cards right, and it absolutely made sense to take out Aras at this time.

Going forward, I don't know how things will play out. We've got Vytas, Tina, and Katie on the outs now as easy votes, but I'm not so sure there's harmony among the majority block. The five person alliance of Tyson, Gervase, Caleb, Hayden, and Ciera was formed on the basis of none of them having loved ones in the game, and Ciera now no longer has that in common, and I absolutely could see Laura M being a target again next week, both for her connection to Ciera and her being a challenge threat. Caleb and especially Hayden will be immunity threats, and then there's Monica, it's always hard for the person who flipped to make it to the top of their new alliance. Even though she was guilty of the same thing, I think Kat was right about Monica not knowing when to stop talking strategy, and that might make the others distrust her. I get the feeling that Tyson and Gervase will end up turning on some of these people before Vytas, Tina, and Katie are all gone. I always like watching the gross food challenges, looking forward to next week
    Duckyface likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Have to disagree. BECAUSE she would be the best person to be sitting next to at the end (and NO ONE will vote for her), all of the stronger players will drag her through.

If she stops talking, they just might be able to stand her long enough
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I just saw the episode and agree with what many of you have said about this episode. Just some comments that were made that I do agree with are:

The second I saw the RI challenge I knew John was a goner. TPTB must not have wanted him to return. It's damn near impossible for a man of John's size to outlast two significantly smaller women in that challenge. Too bad! I was hoping he would return.
    I don't like this 2nd Redemption Island twist. They already merged, enough with the RI already!
    Not impressed that RI is back in play after the merge. The person who gets back in that late in the game just gets sent right back out again. I feel like these episodes should be an hour and a half or maybe even 2 hours; the addition of RI makes the whole episode feel rushed and they pretty much do away with reward challenges.
    Don't worry, Tyson. Monica makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon too. I'm actually glad she sided with him, as I have no doubt he will dump her the minute she is no longer useful. She was screwed no matter which side she chose.

Ah, Ozzy was one of a kind. I loved him
    When it comes to the end, those familiy members are going to stick together and are going to cut you rather than their family member. Also their chances of winning immunity improve because it is a 2:1 advantage. If it is just a regular alliance you have a better chance of wiggling your way in or getting people to turn on someone else...but, odds are they won't turn on a family member.

While I thought Rob was a cocky, mouthy, young guy during his first stint, I really grew to appreciate his game play and his sense of humour over the years. In the end, he became my favourite survivor. Tyson has a very similar personality...confident, cocky but, with a sense of humour which I always like. His game play seems to have improved this season and I am really enjoying him watching him.
    I think I have said before I don't remember Tyson and don't know why, but I am liking him so far and think he is playing very smart. What surprises me is I do remember Tina and liked her on her season, but she seems to be different this season and so far I have not been overly impressed with her play. I may change my mind, but so far from what we have seen this is how I am feeling. It is another reason that I am not crazy that RI is still in play. I think it takes away from a lot of the conversations and happenings that we normally see during the game. Just as a couple of examples that people have mentioned is the tribe name or Hayden not looking for the HI or for that matter any of the tribe members going to look for it. They knew the clues so I would think they would have at least attempted to go look for it. I just wonder how much we do miss because of the time it takes to do the challenges on RI.

Looking forward to the food challenge as well - they may be gross, but fun to watch the faces on all of them.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I do think she has a target on her back, I am pretty sure win or not, the others do as well . Of course Tina can adapt. She is smart
    -Andy Rooney-

If she stops talking, they just might be able to stand her long enough
    If they could stand Phillip and his pink undies and drag him to the end, Monica should be a piece of cake.

Pivotal moment when Vytas and Aras ruled the memory challenge and placed first and second. In my eyes I thought I would definitely get rid of these two players as fast as I could they are both good at physical challenges, mental challenges and strategy and getting along with people. You would be stupid to keep them (are you listening Tina?).
    That is what I said as well Bearcata. They showed everyone just how strong they are physically during previous challenges and now they were demonstrating their mental acuity. In addition, Aras is a previous winner which automatically puts a target on him. I can't understand why they both played so in your face. It just demonstrated to everyone how strong they were...even if they just were playing individually...but they were a family team with two really strong players. I would have thought they would try to be more subtle and under the radar.

In next week's preview I thought it was extremely dumb of Tina to attack Tyson the way she did ... Survivor is a fluid game and if you cannot adapt to it you will not survive for long.
    Bearcata I'm not sure if Tina was attacking Tyson or if the edit was just trying to mislead us. She could have been saying this to Gervase since he and his neice and Aras and Vytas were supposedly aligned before the show and I think his would have been the bigger betrayal. Either way, no matter who it was directed at, I agree with you that it was not smart game play. When you find yourself out of the loop in what you thought was your alliance, you don't attack them to their face. You sit back, assess the situation, plot, etc, not shoot your mouth off. I understand that she is probably now thinking she or Katie could be next, but she is an experienced player and I would expect better from her. I'll be curious to see just how it actually plays out.
    Last edited by Midol; 11-10-2013 at 11:12 AM.
    Punkin likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    If they could stand Phillip and his pink undies and drag him to the end, Monica should be a piece of cake.
    How true Midol. how true
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread